Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: DeTomaso Pantera

Amazing car

Quote Originally Posted by Strosek Ultra View Post
    I do not know if you have seen this. Amazing build by a swedish guy.
    Hemipanter
    Garaget | De Tomaso Pantera GR5 (1973)
    New engine in - 10-Tenths Motorsport Forum
    Video: Hemipanter - YouTube

Åke

Beautiful all beautiful Panteras!

Newbie here. I just got my 1972 Pre L Pantera back from a 4+ year restoration/modification last month. We added fuel injection, a new, built 550hp Cleveland engine, headers and exhaust, flush glass windshield, all new leather interior with "new" C-4 Corvette seats, harnesses, and numerous cooling upgrades. Still a little nervous getting used to driving it again after such a long layoff, but the goal was to make it more "user/driver friendly" so that I wanted to take it out rather than have the "chore" of taking it out. One of the most beautiful automotive designs (imho) ever!
    Attached Images Attached Images

My goodness. It looks fantastic. And I can't even imagine what 550hp feels like. But I understand that you are taking it easy. Would love to see some more high resolution pictures.

Duell,
    Thank you. Although I'm assured by the owner of the shop that did all of the work that the digital temp gauge in the engine bay shows it's not running as hot as I think, the temp gauge on the dash has it near overheating very quickly. This week we are wiring the more accurate digital gauge into the car so that i can breathe a little easier. We are also wrapping fuel lines with insulating wrap as well as heat shielding the fuel tank as I had vapor lock on the first two days I got the car back. It is perhaps the loudest street car I have ever driven, and is positively ferocious sounding. I will attach some more pictures here and am having some taken by my son who does some professional work in the industry. The interior is vastly different from original. Diamond quilted black leather with red topstitching replaces the previous vinyl. All surfaces were done including the seats, door panels, console, rear firewall, and the dash as well. Replaced the seats I had with C-4 Corvette ones for more support and a nicer look.
    Enjoy!

This Sunday, April 14th, Supercar Sunday at Pierce College in Woodland Hills, CA (San Fernando Valley) is De Tomaso Pantera Marque day. Since southern California is home to the largest concentration of Panteras in the world (I believe), there should be a great turnout in all the different "flavors." Me and my next door neighbor are bringing ours. Supercar Sunday is already a great show each weekend, bring whatever you're driving and it will be welcomed. And if you want to see a great selection of the fantastic Pantera automobiles, make an effort to make it and introduce yourselves. I'll be sitting next to my red beast.

First time I ever saw a Pantera was Craig Frost keyboards from my favorite group Grand Funk Railroad was driving his Ina video and I've been a fan of the Panteras ever since.

Thread Information