Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mercedes-Benz SL63 AMG Edition IWC

Mercedes-Benz SL63 AMG Edition IWC

The AMG PERFORMANCE STUDIO has developed a new limited edition vehicle, the exclusive SL 63 AMG Edition IWC. Limited to a total of 200 units, the new roadster features an eye-catching designo magno Kashmir white finish as well as an AMG Exterior Carbon package with a matte surface. In keeping with the exterior appearance, the vehicle’s interior is fitted with Carbon matte trim as well as Tobago Brown nappa leather upholstery that creates additional visual and tactile highlights. In addition, the vehicle features the AMG Performance package to ensure unparalleled handling. All SL 63 AMG Edition IWC vehicles will be delivered to customers along with an exquisite “Grosser Ingenieur” (Great Engineer) watch from the renowned Swiss watchmaker IWC Schaffhausen.
    The SL 63 AMG Edition IWC will be the first vehicle to be offered with the all-new designo magno Kashmir white finish. An interesting contrast to this color is formed by the components with a Carbon matte finish: the trailing edge , the diffusor insert in the lower back panel, and the side air vents on the front apron. In stylistic sync with these components is the Carbon matte trim on the center console and the interior door panels.
    They are harmoniously augmented by the Tobago Brown nappa leather upholstery on the electronically adjustable AMG sports seats, which feature multicontour and memory functions, heating, an AMG-specific perforation pattern, a special design, and AMG badges. The vehicle’s limited edition status is discreetly emphasized by black AMG floormats with Tobago Brown leather piping, AMG door sills with white illuminated AMGlettering, and the IWC logo on the lid of the center console.
    To ensure that the driver remains in perfect control of his or her vehicle, the two-tone AMGPerformance steering wheel has a reduced diameter, a rim that’s flattened at the bottom, and silver-finish aluminum gearshift paddles. The steering wheel is part of the Performance package, which also includes forged 19-inch AMG light alloy, double-spoke wheels with a titanium gray finish and polished surfaces. The 8.5-inch and 9.5-inch rims sport 255/35 R 19 and 285/30 R 19 format tires, respectively.
    The front axle is equipped with internally ventilated, perforated composite disc brakes (390 x 36 mm) that keep braking distances to a minimum and ensure the vehicle is extremely resistant to fading. Handling is further enhanced by other technical features from the Performance package, including a rear-axle, multi-disc limited-slip differential with a lock factor of 40 percent, as well as an AMG Performance chassis equipped with Active Body Control.
    AMG naturally aspirated V8 with 6.3 liters displacement and 386 kW/525 hp
    The drive system of the SL 63 AMG Edition IWC will provide motorists with an exhilarating driving experience. Boasting a top output of 386 kW/525 hp and a maximum torque of 630 Nm, the AMG 6.3-liter V8 engine is augmented by an extremely responsive partner in the shape of the all-new AMG SPEEDSHIFT MCT seven-speed sports transmission. The SL 63 AMG Edition IWC accelerates from zero to 100 km/h in 4.6 seconds, while its top speed is electronically limited to 300 km/h.
    Mercedes-AMG and IWC Schaffhausen: A luxurious partnership
    Along with the vehicle, buyers of the SL 63 AMG Edition IWC will also receive a limited edition model of IWC’s “Grosser Ingenieur” watch. This precious chronometer has a stainless steel housing measuring an impressive 45.5 millimeters in diameter. The design of the watch’s wristband and face compliment the vehicle concept. In addition, the watch’s bottom is made of sapphire glass that reveals the intricate mechanical clockwork with its automatic Pellaton winding system.
    Mercedes-AMG has been collaborating with the time-honored Swiss watch manufacturer IWC Schaffhausen since 2004. In October of that year, the two companies presented their first jointly designed vehicle, the CLS 55 AMG “IWC Engineer.”
    Customers will be able to order the SL 63 AMG Edition IWC beginning in fall 2008 , and vehicle deliveries will commence in November 2008. The model will be limited to 200 units.
    I am easily satisfied with the very best.

"It is a very good looking car, If you have cataract" - JC about the Alpine A610

Mercedes-Benz SL63 AMG Edition IWC #2
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I am easily satisfied with the very best.

"It is a very good looking car, If you have cataract" - JC about the Alpine A610

I can not believe how badly MB loused up the looks on the SL; it really looks awful. I wonder this gimmick to sell more cars is because sales for the facelifted SL are already slow?
    "The Metric System is the tool of the Devil! My car gets 40 Rods to the Hogshead and that's the ways I likes it!" -Grandpa Simpson

im starting to like the new front. its much better than the previous design but they should have changed the rear because it doesnt go with the new front.
    If you want to do something wrong, do it right

Quote Originally Posted by NicFromLA View Post
    I can not believe how badly MB loused up the looks on the SL; it really looks awful. I wonder this gimmick to sell more cars is because sales for the facelifted SL are already slow?
    they use to create an IWC version of a lot of AMG cars, last time was for the first CLS AMG, which didn't need any help to sell more.

I really would like to see it in the flesh, since now I'm not sure how the front fits the rest of the car.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

The Mercedes in post 1, pic 1 is rather interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhawk View Post
    im starting to like the new front. its much better than the previous design but they should have changed the rear because it doesnt go with the new front.
    Agreed!

I especially like the front vent before the front wheel. Reminds me of the clk-gtr, which is a really good thing.
    "Horsepower sells motor cars, but torque wins motor races."
    -Carrol Shelby

I'd buy it...just for the watch though.

It's not that bad...maybe it's not quite as good as the old SL but it doesn't deserve all the attacks it gets.

Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

it's a nice design bar the headlights, imo. the gloopy bit, like someone broke an egg over them and it's flowing back with the speed or something..looks a little slippy
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    it's a nice design bar the headlights, imo. the gloopy bit, like someone broke an egg over them and it's flowing back with the speed or something..looks a little slippy
    A bit long in the tooth perhaps?

Time to move on Mercedes-Benz.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

yeah, that could be it. like they had a clean design, and are trying to augment it for this generation
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Thread Information