Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Who is the best racing car company?

Quote Originally Posted by hotwheels
    saleen s7
    That's not a racing company, since Saleen don't even race their own cars IIRC
    And I hardly think that a few respectable performances in the GTS class at Le Mans coupled to a few ALMS/ FIA GT wins is really on a par to the successes of Ferrari, Porsche et al
    Thanks for all the fish

Quote Originally Posted by KnifeEdge_2K1
    but that could be said about anything

if no one invented the wheel we wouldnt have cars at all

The wheel was inevitable though, so its hardly a fair comparison. It was Audi that invented Quattro, developed it for racing and stuck it in their cars. It was their doing that made everyone else realise the worth of AWD under normal cars and that the system could be tamed.

Kinda like the rotary, if Mazda hadnt have stuck to their guns and keep developing it, we wouldnt have the RX-8 which has won awards across the globe
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche
    i hate nascar with a passion, thats not a valid point in the ferrari argument, all the other races, quite good points, but nascar, all it takes is the ability to turn left and push the pedalsthey dont even shift once the get up to speed (which they stay at the whole 5,000 laps) and the people in it are so awful too

dale earnheardt junior was fined $10,000 and 25 points for purposely spinning his car on the third lap, and another $10,000 and 25 points for saying his record at tallidega was "aint worth shit"

buncha stupid hicks
    Looks like the judicial systems f**ked up over there as well, theyve just announced a huge revision of the CAMS judicial system for the V8 Supercars just before the last round of the season here.

Fines like that make no sense at all: someones given the same punishment for a life threatening act, as they did for saying a few words? Try justifying that one
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    The wheel was inevitable though, so its hardly a fair comparison. It was Audi that invented Quattro, developed it for racing and stuck it in their cars. It was their doing that made everyone else realise the worth of AWD under normal cars and that the system could be tamed.

Kinda like the rotary, if Mazda hadnt have stuck to their guns and keep developing it, we wouldnt have the RX-8 which has won awards across the globe
    In 1961 the Ferguson F1 won an F1 race, (not counting for the championship. In the late sixties a number of F1 car's (McLaren, Lotus) also experimented with 4WD.The same principles were then used by Audi for the Quattro development.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    Looks like the judicial systems f**ked up over there as well, theyve just announced a huge revision of the CAMS judicial system for the V8 Supercars just before the last round of the season here.

Fines like that make no sense at all: someones given the same punishment for a life threatening act, as they did for saying a few words? Try justifying that one
    Well these are sport that are widlet telivised and while the fans enjoy contraversy and it creates intrest the owners dont like thier athleates acting like prok chops (ambrose/kelly and skaife.ingall for prime examples) ill be telling big fibs if i said i didnt enjoy it but it does look bad.

Thread Information