Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Odd Phone Question

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche
    usuiing your extreme knowledge of everyhthign, matra can you tell me if that ooks like a good phone (the one i posted)
    What do y9ou want, a phone or a PDA ?
    If a PDA, why compromise it by buying a phone, go for a PDA with a Blutooth headset and win-win.
    BUT that's more money
    Why do you want a keyboard ? Most folks are OK with predictive text for sms.

When you're stuck with limited networks and limited netweork features then it's hard to tell. Sorry. That may be the best of what's availabel to you on Verizone. For UK networks it's well behind the middle quality it's like the old Nokia 9000 series. Too small to be useful even with a keyboard and too big to be a decent phone or camera. That thing looks HORRENDOUSLY thick. Can't see me wanting to carry somethign that big around.

EV-DO is another odd-ball from teh CDMA world. How widespread it becomes is questionable. How much do you intend to "roam" ? make sure you get a phoen that gives you service you need. So what if EV-DO "wins" at offering 2.4Mb to the phone. There is NO CONTENT needing that speed wiht new high-compression video streaming Edge can go plenty fast enough if designed properly - ie NOT Motorola who have just gone public on one of their top-end phones failing to deliver !!!

Work out what you want to DO with a phone and then pick the right solution. Don't go by what the network is currently "pushing"

"new" phones are 2M pixel and bigger cameras.

Why
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

2mp?!?!? dang you really do have amazing phones there, i rented a mobile in london but it was just a non flip non camera one, wow your ages ahead of us as far as i know
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche
    2mp?!?!? dang you really do have amazing phones there, i rented a mobile in london but it was just a non flip non camera one, wow your ages ahead of us as far as i know
    what's so amazing about "flip phones"? It's only the camera part that is amazing . What's the best camera phone you get over there?
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaigra
    what's so amazing about "flip phones"?
    Physical size
    Either flip or slide makes the phone much smaller when all you want to do is the simple stuff. Fits in the pocket easier.

EDIT: anyway, here's the latest trial service running in parts of the UK. Direct TV reception in yoru mobile phone -- http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4271474.stm . Note the actual uptake 3G are reporting on people using mobiles to watch TV usign network services. A while back we debated how many woudl actually do it, here are soem solid figures !!!
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 09-25-2005 at 06:44 PM.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Thread Information