31. You may not vote on this poll
  • ACURA TL (270hp v6) (6mt) FWD

17 54.84%
  • MAZDASPEED6 GT (274hp turbo charged 4) (6mt) AWD

14 45.16%
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: mazdaspeed 6 vs TL

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Who says the Legacy is only good in straight line?
    Who says I was referring to the legacy?

I was talking about:

and in my opinion, a car thats fun to drive is a car that will push you in your seat when your right foot asks it to

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck View Post
    Who says I was referring to the legacy?

I was talking about:
    Quote, then quote.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Acceleration and others...

Who says performance is only acceleration?
    Its not just acceleration, it's also the handling of the vehicle, the braking and the refinement. Out of personal experience I believe the speed 6 excels in all these fields except refinement...Thats the one field I personally think Mazda could've done a better job on. Other then that the car turns on a dime, its braking power is 70-0 mph in 155 ft, and in the roadholding test on a 300-ft-dia skidpad scored a 0.87 which is very good for a sedan. Also the MZR engine makes 119 hp per liter (similar to that of a ferrari motor) and that is out of the factory without any modification needed. So it's not just acceleration that measures a cars performance it's much more. And just for the record the TL doesn't match any of these numbers.
    Common sense doesn't seem so common anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by Speed6 View Post
    Also the MZR engine makes 119 hp per liter (similar to that of a ferrari motor)
    The Ferrari engines are normally aspirated and this is turbocharged.
    Visca Catalunya!

Also the MZR engine makes 119 hp per liter (similar to that of a ferrari motor) and that is out of the factory without any modification needed.
    Why does that matter? hp/L is pretty unimportant actually.

The Ferrari engines are normally aspirated and this is turbocharged.
    The Ferrari engine is also twice the capacity of the mazda's with 4 extra cylinders. All mazda did was use a small K04 turbo you can also find within the 2002 audi S4 and the GTI 1.8t and raised the boost to 15 psi to acheive the same numbers per liter similar to a ferrari motor. Advantages and disadvantages... Displacement or forced induction...Plus there are many cars out there that come turboed out the factory and they still cannot acheive such numbers, so I believe it is sumthing to take into consideration when discussing the facts about a vehicle...
    Last edited by Speed6; 06-13-2007 at 12:43 PM.

Its not just acceleration, it's also the handling of the vehicle, the braking and the refinement. Out of personal experience I believe the speed 6 excels in all these fields except refinement...Thats the one field I personally think Mazda could've done a better job on. Other then that the car turns on a dime, its braking power is 70-0 mph in 155 ft, and in the roadholding test on a 300-ft-dia skidpad scored a 0.87 which is very good for a sedan. Also the MZR engine makes 119 hp per liter (similar to that of a ferrari motor) and that is out of the factory without any modification needed. So it's not just acceleration that measures a cars performance it's much more. And just for the record the TL doesn't match any of these numbers.
    The TL isn't a competitor, and against it's actual competitors, some with far less horsepower, it lost.

and HP/L means nothing.

The Ferrari engine is also twice the capacity of the mazda's with 4 extra cylinders.
    But if you are comparing specific output capacity means nothing, and the number of cylinders is pretty irrelevant too. Aspiration isn't, on the other hand.
    Visca Catalunya!

The TL isn't a competitor, and against it's actual competitors, some with far less horsepower, it lost.

and HP/L means nothing.

Correct. Now who was the person that made this thread comparing two dislike cars? Ah yes. You! Hahah.

Once again, hp/L means nothing.

Finally, what competitors are you referring to when you say the Mazda 6 "lost" The_Canuck?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Correct. Now who was the person that made this thread comparing two dislike cars? Ah yes. You! Hahah.

Once again, hp/L means nothing.

Finally, what competitors are you referring to when you say the Mazda 6 "lost" The_Canuck?
    Well I made the thread because they cost about the same, shows alot about value. What is funny is that we ended up getting a TSX.

Go back a page or two theres a Car and Driver comparo link....

Well I made the thread because they cost about the same, shows alot about value. What is funny is that we ended up getting a TSX.

Go back a page or two theres a Car and Driver comparo link....
    So you now have a Honda Accord.
    Visca Catalunya!

So you now have a Honda Accord.
    Hey man, read the comparo

Bloody Mini driver....

But if you are comparing specific output capacity means nothing, and the number of cylinders is pretty irrelevant too. Aspiration isn't, on the other hand.

The number of cylinders is irrelevant? ... so whether a car has 4 or 8 cylinders does not make a difference? Ferrari engines make their power using a pretty big displacement along with a high compression ratio... Other car companies substitute that by using forced induction. And when comparing engines I think the number of cylinders IS indeed very relevant.

The number of cylinders is irrelevant? ... so whether a car has 4 or 8 cylinders does not make a difference?
    No. Not for HP/L.

The number of cylinders is irrelevant? ... so whether a car has 4 or 8 cylinders does not make a difference? Ferrari engines make their power using a pretty big displacement along with a high compression ratio... Other car companies substitute that by using forced induction. And when comparing engines I think the number of cylinders IS indeed very relevant.
    You are forgetting that you mention bhp/litre in the first place, not absolute power. By doing this you made displacement irrelevant for the comparison.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information