Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Evo X!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DrGonzo
    I also heard that the next Evo will be based on the Colt.. any confirmation?
    I've heard that Mitsu is planning to use the Colt for its WRC instead of the Lancer, and also that Mitsu has been planning a Colt Evo, with a sub 2lt turbo and AWD

wow very impressive

it is called the Concept X not Evo X!

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Imaj
    it is called the Concept X not Evo X!
    but everybody know that it's about to be new lancer evo
    12 cylinders or walk!

its automatic....
    UCP's Most Hardcore Burro!

Being human explains everything but excuses nothing

EWW…I dont like it

dont expect the evo X to look too much like that. Almost every evo so far has been an 'evolution' of its previous brother. The VII into the VIII, the VIII into the IX etc.. This doesnt look like any of them. Sure its nice but it doesnt say EVO to me atall. It is a concept after all. Watch this space.

Whats so ugly about it? [second post YAY]
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik
    dont expect the evo X to look too much like that. Almost every evo so far has been an 'evolution' of its previous brother. The VII into the VIII, the VIII into the IX etc.. This doesnt look like any of them. Sure its nice but it doesnt say EVO to me atall. It is a concept after all. Watch this space.
    yes but thats been because they've been based on the base lancer, which has hardly changed. The talk has been of an Evo thats not based on the Lancer, but even if its still based on the lancer, there may be a new lancer on the horizon that looks something like this.

And this mightn't be auto, it could have a sequential box, which could be good, just as long as they still offer a manual

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen
    I've heard that Mitsu is planning to use the Colt for its WRC instead of the Lancer, and also that Mitsu has been planning a Colt Evo, with a sub 2lt turbo and AWD
    I was talking to my bro about this today (owns an Evo 2 and is a Evo nut case) and he reckons the next Evo also will not be 4G63 powered so the sub-2lt makes sense.

Big changes in Mitsu land, me thinks...

The 4g63 is more than 15 years old now, but they only just MIVEC'd it. I can't see it being binned just yet, it's too damn good.
    (Perhaps it'll be cast from aluminium next and put in something else.)
    If Mitsu are stepping down the capacity of the Evo motor that means that the chassis is set to be a whole lot smaller, which is a good move, better to have less weight than more power.
    The WRX is it's
    only real rival and their chassis are becoming increasingly designed for performance and dynamics while Evo engineers have to make do with an econo-box, so a major chassis change was inevitable I guess.

This concept looks nowhere near ready, I hate the ricey-ness but i like the wide stance and blunt nose.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen
    yes but thats been because they've been based on the base lancer, which has hardly changed. The talk has been of an Evo thats not based on the Lancer, but even if its still based on the lancer, there may be a new lancer on the horizon that looks something like this.

And this mightn't be auto, it could have a sequential box, which could be good, just as long as they still offer a manual
    no it hasnt. The new Evo IX came out AFTER the new lancer and it looks nothing like it. The evo has now become a design of its own and isnt directly related to the original lancer atall especially with the front of the car. But yes there may be a lancer that will look like this. But if you ask me that looks too much like the galant.

ok the new face lifted STi comes out and evryone says its ugly and now this ugly thing comes out and everyones like "wow that lookes great" although 50% of the front end is a plastic grill (dam evo fanboys lol) EDIT: wow like 7 people posted while i was typing this message

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck
    EDIT: wow like 7 people posted while i was typing this message
    How slowly do you type?

The Canuck: 8:27
    7th person = Merrill: 10:07

14 hours, 20 mins.
    Thanks for all the fish

lol wait no i know what i did lol nvm i was looking at the first page when typing a response and my response turned up on the 2nd page and i thought all the posts before mine were newer then they really were

Thread Information