Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alonso....A worthy champion?

Alonso....A worthy champion?

So, First of all congratulations to Fernando Alonso ob his title win.

But with all of that aside. Do you think he is worthy of his crown?

My opinion is that he is. He has raced very well this year. Made a minimal amount of mistakes and got the points in the bag. He is extremely mature for his age aswell, as he showed this through the season.

What do you guys think the chances of him regaining his title next year are?
    "The thunder of 1001bhp would send a sonic boom through his carbon fibre shell, crack it in half and leave a wet puddle on the fancy leather seat."

He won the championship with an inferior but more reliable car, there's no question he's worthy.

Still, it's a shame for Kimi, since he too didn't make any major mistake during the year and lost it, but well, that's motorsports.
    Live for Speed - Online Racing Simulator
    http://www.liveforspeed.net

Quote Originally Posted by orne
    He won the championship with an inferior but more reliable car, there's no question he's worthy.

Still, it's a shame for Kimi, since he too didn't make any major mistake during the year and lost it, but well, that's motorsports.
    I agree that if Mclaren didn't have unreliable cars it would have been alot closer.
    "The thunder of 1001bhp would send a sonic boom through his carbon fibre shell, crack it in half and leave a wet puddle on the fancy leather seat."

Well if the McLarens are still unreliable and Ferrari fail to come up with a decent car I'd say he's one of the favourites...
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

Prediction: 1. Jenson Button, 2. Michael Schumacher, 3. Kimi/Alonso (Not sure). Don't ask why I chose Button, but I did.

I'm hoping on my life that Ferrari put up more competition next year aswell..

I'm hoping to see Jenson Button in the equation too.

I still think that Kimi Raikkonen is a better driver. Just sad that all those problems gave Alonso the championship. Without problems, Kimi had for sure won the championship. Remember that Alonso won at Imola, Nürburgring and Hockenheim, only because of Kimis technical problems.. No wonder that Alonso is champion..
    Mercedes-Benz fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by s-d
    I still think that Kimi Raikkonen is a better driver. Just sad that all those problems gave Alonso the championship. Without problems, Kimi had for sure won the championship. Remember that Alonso won at Imola, Nürburgring and Hockenheim, only because of Kimis technical problems.. No wonder that Alonso is champion..

Fair play to Alonso though. He still raced a good season.

I personally feel Alonso is a better driver, from what I see, Raikkonen's driving ability is slightly inflated by the car hes driving, but he is still good! If Kimi was in Alonso's position at Imola with a faster Schumi breathing down his neck, would he have been able to put in as an outstanding drive as Alonso did? I think not.

With luck of reliability Alonso is the Champ...I think he is among the quickest drivers and his performance is solid. He could have made mistakes which could have cost him the C'ship but he didn't, therefor I think he's worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Scuderia
    With luck of reliability Alonso is the Champ...I think he is among the quickest drivers and his performance is solid. He could have made mistakes which could have cost him the C'ship but he didn't, therefor I think he's worthy.

Summed up my thoughts there aswell.

"Winning from pole? Forget it. Fernando Alonso would rather snatch 'lucky' victory on the last lap. "All the other wins I had this year," said the title leading Spaniard, referring to Malaysia, Bahrain and Imola, "I led from start to finish."

23-year-old Alonso, although hunting an ailing Kimi Raikkonen down, led only when it mattered -- on the last lap, after the McLaren crashed. He grinned: "For me, this is a much better feeling."

Alonso is not worthy to be in F1 with that attitude.

Someone who would rather see his competitors crash out rather than race to victory should not enjoy any sort of support IMHO.
    Thanks for all the fish

i think kimi more than deserved it this year. This is his 2nd time of narrowly missing out on the world championship. He deserves the stardom, not mr fancy pants alonso who only gives 60%.

I agree with cov.

I think that Alonso was lucky that he had a reliable and fast car. McLaren had the faster car but it wasn't as reliable as the Renault. I would have loved to see Kimi take the title but that will have to wait until next season.

Alonso a worthy champion? ..... dunno. I think that Kimi was the better driver but Alonso had a package that was competitive enough at most races.
    "Some days, you just can't get rid of a bomb!"
    "Life is short, drive fast!" - Lamborghini
    "How's that for a slice of fried gold?"
    "I'll take the case!" - Harvey Birdman

I cant believe I turned off the tv to go to a friend's house WITH 7 LAPS LEFT!

Thread Information