Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Superbird

hah i TOTALLY get what you mean

Its a love/hate kind of styling. If you don't specifically like classic american cars, then you probably wont like it, even then its no gaurantee. But when everything is said and done, it can still go 200mph with a hemi, something not many cars can do... even today.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin
    OBSESSED is a word the lazy use to describe the DEDICATED!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    To me, the SuperBird looks like this:

\=::=

That artistic masterpiece probably makes no sense. Therefore, I give up.
    Actually, they look like this...
    (And I would still rather have one of those than one of today's egg-shaped or blob-shaped cars with bug-eyed headlights and no rear overhang and plastic fenders or one of the "boxes-on-wheels" also known as SUVs.)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    '76 Cadillac Fleetwood Seventy-Five Limousine, '95 Lincoln Town Car.

Each to their own, it doesnt do it for me (the 360 anyday).

The superbird and the ferrari are worth about the same amount...

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco
    Each to their own, it doesnt do it for me (the 360 anyday).
    That's true. I'll take the 480 lbs/ft of torque!
    '76 Cadillac Fleetwood Seventy-Five Limousine, '95 Lincoln Town Car.

Quote Originally Posted by "Clevor" Angel
    Its a love/hate kind of styling. If you don't specifically like classic american cars, then you probably wont like it, even then its no gaurantee. But when everything is said and done, it can still go 200mph with a hemi, something not many cars can do... even today.
    Yea you're probably right about it being love/hate styling, it definitely is extreme styling and with that comes a love/hate styling. Actually though i'm pretty sure all cars that can do 200mph have a hemi, pentroof hemi that is

This car was made to be used as homologation for the Nascar. The big wing was made so big, because the boot had to be able to be opened. The hinges and the boot lid are adapted to fit under it. However it still is a very tight fit. Up front the "aerodynamic" front end used to cause some serious problems. For example cooling the engine. There was hardly anywhere where cold air could enter the car.

If you look closer, you will see huge gaps between the body parts. You can easily stick your hand in between some of the parts. It is now known that these create a lot of drag, they probably didn't know this back then.

Other manufacturers had made similar cars, with huge wings/engines.
    Last edited by drakkie; 10-02-2005 at 02:15 AM.

This was one of the first (if not the first) cars to be designed in a wind tunnel. Other companies had done it before but not on a large scale and everything added before now was just for show. The designers wanted functionality so they figured out what would work. They did a nice job too. The only thing that could beat a superbird or daytona on a circle track was another superbird or daytona.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin

awesome
    My rides:
    1999 Mustang GT

1974 Ford Country Squire (for sale!)

1991 Jeep Cherokee

1970 Shelby GT500

He drove his ferrari and superbird to a show hosted by a friend of ours today. Wish I would have brought the camera.
    Last edited by Rockefella; 10-02-2005 at 02:23 PM.

What show was it? WHen we left he was like im sorry but i have to get the superbird ready for the show. I think it was at vin devers? DO you know the orignal owner of the Ferrari?
    Last edited by rev440; 10-02-2005 at 01:39 PM.

No I don't know anything about the ferrari and yes it was Vin Devers. My dad won best AMC. A few dozen cars from the "Vin" Devers fleet were out and lined up and right accross from "Vin"s' 71 440-6 challenger vert was Mr. (you know his name)'s 70 superbird sitting pretty.

Yeah hes a very nicely drssed guy. Did you tell him that i posted pics of first Ferrari experiance. Greg bought the car from Paul Devers.

We know Tom Devers, I actually didn't see Greg there but I saw his cars and the Ferrari was parked over next to 6 SL500s and a new R class Mercedes.

Thread Information