Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Ferrari F40 VS Porsche 959?

Quote Originally Posted by 60Valves View Post
    Steering and handling is very percise. Washing wide is more a factor of how and when you feed in the power.
    Obviously. Enzo wouldn't have done it for less. Any way, I imagine the insane sudden acceleration when you reach turbo boost must also be quite dificult to deal withif you're not used to that "kick-in", right? I mean, it must be somewhat like I used to hear the Group B rally car drivers discuss: you had to start accelerating in the middle of the corner counting with the huge turbo lag and hope you were already in a straight line when the turbo kicked in...

Eather way, the F40 would be my choice too. Not just because I'm a Ferrari fan but overall it's still possibly the most astonishing Ferrari built...
    Powered by passion, driven by knowledge

Overtime you get used to the clutch. On the track or open road it is fine. It is only if you get caught in traffic that it becomes a real pain.

Per the EggNog request:
    don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you don't actually own the car.
    but, I see from the pics that the car is a RHD, while your country flag is UK, so I just would like to ask about that. it's quite usual to find here and there some old RR or Bentley in LHD in some classics/exotics dealer here.
    Actually I don't know if LHD F40 were ever made.

btw, you own a masterpiece, that's for sure
    I had the chance to stand in front of this car a lot of time, and I never get bored of its details, its shape, it is really something impressing.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

The car is a LHD isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you don't actually own the car.
    but, I see from the pics that the car is a RHD, while your country flag is UK, so I just would like to ask about that. it's quite usual to find here and there some old RR or Bentley in LHD in some classics/exotics dealer here.
    Actually I don't know if LHD F40 were ever made.

btw, you own a masterpiece, that's for sure
    I had the chance to stand in front of this car a lot of time, and I never get bored of its details, its shape, it is really something impressing.
    All F40s are LHD. My car is a LHD, suggest you take another look at the pictures.

The only RHD F40s were special models converted by Pininfaria for the Sultan of Brunei. Same goes for the F50.

All F40s are LHD. My car is a LHD, suggest you take another look at the pictures.

The only RHD F40s were special models converted by Pininfaria for the Sultan of Brunei. Same goes for the F50.
    oh, sorry I just inverted RHD with LHD (I was thinking about the road, not the steering wheel).
    thanks for clearing up of there were models in the opposite configuration.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    oh, sorry I just inverted RHD with LHD (I was thinking about the road, not the steering wheel).
    thanks for clearing up of there were models in the opposite configuration.
    No problem. All the recent Ferrari "Supercars" are LHD only.

60Valves, is your F40 in factory condition? I only ask because I sometimes read about/youtube F40s sporting big bore titanium exhausts or Koenig upgrade gear.
    Turbocharger technology has come a long way in the past 20 years and I imagine a pair of modern, ball bearing units could make the same power with greatly improved response.

But maybe that is it's charm.
    Horsepower wins races. Torque pulls trailers.

http://www.nuerburgring.de/fileadmin/webcam/webcam.jpg <Live cast from the 'Ring.

Quote Originally Posted by P4g4nite View Post
    60Valves, is your F40 in factory condition? I only ask because I sometimes read about/youtube F40s sporting big bore titanium exhausts or Koenig upgrade gear.
    Turbocharger technology has come a long way in the past 20 years and I imagine a pair of modern, ball bearing units could make the same power with greatly improved response.

But maybe that is it's charm.
    My F40 is stock with two exceptions, the original IHI turbos were replaced with KKK turbos and a freer flowing sports exhaust has been fitted. Result of the two is bhp is up from 478 to 600. The factory figures are very conservative, the LM versions of the F40 develop close to 800 bhp. You can get plenty more power out of the car without to much effort.

The F40 has been featured is a few articles which can be downloaded from:

Ferrari Life Quarterly, The International Magazine About Ferrari & Lifestyle - Ferrari Life

My F40 is stock with two exceptions, the original IHI turbos were replaced with KKK turbos and a freer flowing sports exhaust has been fitted. Result of the two is bhp is up from 478 to 600. The factory figures are very conservative, the LM versions of the F40 develop close to 800 bhp. You can get plenty more power out of the car without to much effort.

The F40 has been featured is a few articles which can be downloaded from:

Ferrari Life Quarterly, The International Magazine About Ferrari & Lifestyle - Ferrari Life
    Out of curiosity, what'd you d with the original turbos and exhaust?

What boost do the KKK's put out?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Out of curiosity, what'd you d with the original turbos and exhaust?
    Upgrade was done bythe last owner so I have no idea what happened to the original turbos. As they were 11 years old, probably were just disgarded.

Upgrade was done bythe last owner so I have no idea what happened to the original turbos. As they were 11 years old, probably were just disgarded.
    Thats a shame, would make for two nice sculptures
    Nulla tenaci invia est via

F40 for me but the F50 would have demolished the 959! might have been newer but it can compete with today supercars and win most of the time.
    "no one ever went broke by giving up a buck" those bucks can be saved up to buy a beautiful machine

Quote Originally Posted by Knuto View Post
    Thats a shame, would make for two nice sculptures
    Yeah that's something I would keep and do something with I'd like to hope. Even if they're just in a box it's like, these two turbos are part of one of the sickest cars ever to grace the streets of Earth.

What boost do the KKK's put out?
    Jingoism, in a way.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Yeah that's something I would keep and do something with I'd like to hope. Even if they're just in a box it's like, these two turbos are part of one of the sickest cars ever to grace the streets of Earth.
    Exactly. In one of the latest issues of Classic and Sports Cars I read about a guy who used the crankshaft off a Lancia D24 as a lamp on his desk. The lead went through the oil gate drillings. Also remember reading about a guy who used a segment of a Concorde wing as a drawing board
    Nulla tenaci invia est via

Thread Information