Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: Henk's Oddball corner

DeSoto Airstream 1936

"I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

AC Greyhound

"I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

DeSoto Series 5 Cabriolet Tuescher, 1938

DeSoto Custom Convertible 1949

DeSoto Custom 4-Door Sedan, 1950

Good Story

Thanks for sharing, very informative.

He is on the other side of the North Atlantic from you, crystal66
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

This really is a weird one.

Jay Leno's Garage - Pebble Beach 2012: 1922 Megola Touring Motorcycle | Pebble Beach

It's a Megola Motorcycle and the engine is in the front hub. A 5 cylinder radial engine, no front brake, no clutch and no transmission.

Weird...

The Mitsubishi Dignity is a weird car- it has 2 generations and the earlier one is made partnered with Hyundai, in which case it is called the Equus. That confused the bejeezus out of me because I was only aware of the Equus as the American version.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi_Dignity"]Mitsubishi Dignity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

I found other info about the new version, which is a badge engineered Nissan/Infiniti M56 LWB.

Interesting- the first generation of this car may be the most powerful FWD Japanese car, since it has a V8.

Mitsubishi also had the Proudia, which was marketed just under this car.

Personally, I'd have a Toyota Century if I wanted a limousine. Besides, it is possibly the only Japanese car to ever come with a V12.

You learn something new everyday.

A few years back, Japanese tuner Top Secret shoehorned the 1GZ-FE V12 from a Toyota Century into a Supra. Pretty nutty engine swap:
    http://www.turbomagazine.com/feature...a/viewall.html

What I didn't realize that the Century was the only Japanese prodiction car before or sense with a V12. Neat stuff.

I almost got a 1UZ swap running then found a 1GZ on Yahoo Auctions Japan, instructed an importer to bid and then shock! I won.

They are a strange beast, 5.0 Litre quad cam, 48 valve, drive by wire twin throttles & twin ecus.

Opened A New Website, Come Check It Out 1000's Of Classic Parts For Sale

Hello All, I am new to the board and wanted to announce my new website http://www.sterlingclassicautoparts.com
    I have 1000's of all sorts of NOS and Refinished OEM parts for sale, All Years, Makes, and Models. I have a complete list of part numbers and applications for trico windshield wiper motors on my site to help collectors (like myself) ID the part number for your specific application. I also offer media blasting services. I am adding parts daily as my site is new. I have attached some pictures of some of my NOS and Refinished OEM parts so you can get an idea of what I do.

Thank you all for your time! Hope you all like the site.

Have a wonderful day,

Matt Sterling
    Sterling Classic Auto Parts

1966-70 Mopar Variable Speed Windshield Wiper Motor Dodge Plymouth 2926919 73692 - Sterling Classic Auto Parts

1957-60 Ford FoMoCo Electric Wiper Motor Edsel Mercury COAF-17A432 A 4 RA 12 V E - Sterling Classic Auto Parts

1959-67 GM Chevy Delco Windshield Wiper Motor OEM Original Refinished Fits Corvette, Impala, Various Models - Sterling Classic Auto Parts

https://secure.myregisteredsite.com/...ed_636x176.jpg
    Last edited by sterlingclassic; 02-05-2014 at 12:49 AM. Reason: mistake

Any chance of getting photos of the Mercedes W31 or G4?

It was a weird 6 axel Mercedes.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6hgEVroPJ8"]Mercedes G4 - offroader - YouTube[/ame]

I have seen the car along time ago in the Sinsheim Museum, but I need to find the pictures, I even don't know if I have any.

Thread Information