Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 104

Thread: Henk's Oddball corner comments and requests

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    land of the Desert Extreme Challenge Rally
    Posts
    5,500
    Great idea henk, there's an '82 sport quattro, an '89 Camaro and (I think) and 60's Bronco too - I'll try to do the Quattro first but I'm only just a beginner in photography so be warned.

    EDIT: Either that or you're talking about lower class cars and I just didn't get it?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Rozenburg, Holland
    Posts
    27,323
    Quote Originally Posted by spi-ti-tout
    Great idea henk, there's an '82 sport quattro, an '89 Camaro and (I think) and 60's Bronco too - I'll try to do the Quattro first but I'm only just a beginner in photography so be warned.

    EDIT: Either that or you're talking about lower class cars and I just didn't get it?
    you can put in any car you want, Americans can come up with an common Ford Fairlane or whatever, an 89 Camaro would be OK, but remember, there has to be a story to it.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Eindhoven, The Netherlands
    Posts
    7,827

    scimitar

    I will try to get some good pictures of a Scimitar GTE in our town. it is quite a rare car, and certainly is cool. I have been looking to get the one im gonna take pictures f myslf.However overall cost, fuel,insurance,and buying it in te 1st place would have been to expensive

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    land of the Desert Extreme Challenge Rally
    Posts
    5,500
    Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    you can put in any car you want, Americans can come up with an common Ford Fairlane or whatever, an 89 Camaro would be OK, but remember, there has to be a story to it.
    Great - I'll look into the history of the Camaros

    And just one more thing - if you're basing your report on only just one car of it's kind, should there be a report of it's history as a car or it's own individual history? I sense a good storyline with the quattro (it might be possible that it was a former rally car - as the only other of it's kind was the Group B S1) so if I meet up with the owner then I'll definetly ask. It'll have to be on thursday though as school is keeping me very busy.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Rozenburg, Holland
    Posts
    27,323
    Quote Originally Posted by spi-ti-tout
    Great - I'll look into the history of the Camaros

    And just one more thing - if you're basing your report on only just one car of it's kind, should there be a report of it's history as a car or it's own individual history? I sense a good storyline with the quattro (it might be possible that it was a former rally car - as the only other of it's kind was the Group B S1) so if I meet up with the owner then I'll definetly ask. It'll have to be on thursday though as school is keeping me very busy.
    personal touches will add to the interest of the car.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Eindhoven, The Netherlands
    Posts
    7,827
    This idea really starts to work !!! it is very nice ! Unfortunately the Scimitar owner wouldn't allow me to get pictures And i also mised an oppurtunity to get good pictures of an Opel Manta (my dad told me today, it was somewhere yesterday )

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    3,391
    Daf-odil/Daf-fodil/Daffodil, whatever it's called.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Rozenburg, Holland
    Posts
    27,323
    Quote Originally Posted by Sauc3
    Daf-odil/Daf-fodil/Daffodil, whatever it's called.
    i'll work on that, currently I only have a good pic of of 600 pickup
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Astoria, New York
    Posts
    1,134
    How about anything from the often over-looked Singer and Riley?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Rozenburg, Holland
    Posts
    27,323
    Quote Originally Posted by dracu777
    How about anything from the often over-looked Singer and Riley?
    I am preparing a Wolseley 4/44 and I have some pics of a Riley RMB
    Last edited by henk4; 10-25-2005 at 12:42 PM.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Bremen, North Germany
    Posts
    1,242
    anybody has pics of the '39 Auto-Union World Record Streamliner (based on Typ C I think)?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Rozenburg, Holland
    Posts
    27,323
    Quote Originally Posted by Delmaster
    anybody has pics of the '39 Auto-Union World Record Streamliner (based on Typ C I think)?
    of the original or the replica?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Bremen, North Germany
    Posts
    1,242
    Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    of the original or the replica?
    which do you have?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Rozenburg, Holland
    Posts
    27,323
    Quote Originally Posted by Delmaster
    which do you have?
    none of both, but others are free to post, as long as they present the pics together with a story. That makes the corner different from Matt's hide-out
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Euroland
    Posts
    5,856
    Im loving all these threads you've been making lately!
    Maybe i'll post some myself too (if thats ok with you, of course)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •