View Poll Results: Do you think this will affect buyers?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yep

15 78.95%
  • Nope

4 21.05%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mitsubishi marketing stunt

Quote Originally Posted by scottie300z
    I wouldnt say they dont want to help you. That is how they make their money, by helping people. They just want to make sure they can do it and still make money at it. Can you blame them? Would you just give free gas if it meant loosing money? But they are still giving free gas, sure it may not be only to help people but are you going to get upset at them for it?
    Many companies routinely donate to charities, some may advertise it while many dont. So i wouldnt say no company wants to help people. But still there are many campanys that do seems shady and all, but still there are a number of companies that actually dont want to rip people off.
    You must've missunderstood my point, let me put it in another way. Of course I'm not blaming them, neither am I upset about it. They wouldn't do anything that they wouldn't gain something from, and they shouldn't. My point was that companies are usually started for one reason, to make money.... I'm not saying this is a rip-off either. This is a result of the free market societies we all (well most of us) live in, the more competition there is in the industry the greater the benefit is for the consumers. Which is GREAT! I think it's great that car manufacturers turn to more radical measures. ...and about the donations, it's great that companies donate, I guess they all do it for different reasons, and even in the business world money isn't everything. A strong brand that people associate with good things can be worth a lot more than a few millions on a bank account.
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

Germany -> West Germany -> NRW -> Düsseldorf
    If I would get all costs of gas back I would drive like hell... Also I would buy the Evo and thats not the car with the best economy...

So there must be anything in the contract like "maximum 100 litres per month" or so... I can't believe they pay every single litre.
    WRC - That's motorsport!

"If you can see the tree you are about to hit, it is called 'understeering'. If you can only hear and feel it, it was 'oversteering'."
    Walter Röhrl

I see your point, and i agree. I did sort of missunderstand it earlier. Most of my point was directed towards
    Dont forget, its a gimmick, they dont actually want to help you, just wanna earn some more profits!!
    B/c gimmicks most of the time are there b/c they help you. thats why the ones that work do work, they help people.
    You can call me scott.

Thread Information