Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 11th F1 Team - Who is it?

11th F1 Team - Who is it?

Huge speculation going around...

Some say it's Honda Junior Team, some McLaren is linked, others Coca Cola.

My gut tells me it's a Mugen comeback...

i would expect a F3000 team.certainly not one of those.

Germany -> West Germany -> NRW -> Düsseldorf
    After Honda announced the buy of BAR to the end of the season there were much rumors about a second Honda team for japanese drivers. In the ex-BAR-team they will have Jenson Button and Rubens Barrichello, so no cockpit for Takuma Sato and that would bring them very negative press releases in japan.
    WRC - That's motorsport!

"If you can see the tree you are about to hit, it is called 'understeering'. If you can only hear and feel it, it was 'oversteering'."
    Walter Röhrl

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by netburner
    After Honda announced the buy of BAR to the end of the season there were much rumors about a second Honda team for japanese drivers. In the ex-BAR-team they will have Jenson Button and Rubens Barrichello, so no cockpit for Takuma Sato and that would bring them very negative press releases in japan.
    i hadnt thought about that, seeing as Tacuma is the first japenese driver (i think)

I think netburner has just about got it

Talking for F1-live, Nick Fry is saying "these are credible people with motor racing experience and the financial backing to do the job. We are not talking about an under-funded team here, and clearly they have convinced Honda, Bernie (Ecclestone) and us that this has got potential" in addition to explaining that they have "proven capability to put together a team" and giving them a 65% chance of happening.

I'm confused because that doesn't sound as a Junior Team ( a la Red Bull), but a contract to provide Honda Motors to someone with racing heritage and being close to Honda (hence my Mugen prediction).

My wild card would be...Super Nova

Quote Originally Posted by netburner
    That obviously isnt the case, read my thread:

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...ad.php?t=18608
    At Tuesday's announcement in Tokyo, Honda operating officer Hiroshi Oshima confirmed that the Japanese company is considering supplying engines to the mystery team.

"Nothing has been decided yet as far as drivers or engines go," he said.

"But Bernie Ecclestone has given the team his blessing and we are looking into the possibility of supplying their engines."

The team is not thought to have any previous experience of F1, but whoever it is would need to have the wherewithal to design, or at least buy the intellectual rights to, construct and run a fleet of new chassis in four months.
    It could be any team, a privateer team or anything, but not a second Honda team.

I heard that Honda will run its factory Super GT colours next year

I'll make a stupid, uneducated guess and say Red Bull #2.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    I'll make a stupid, uneducated guess and say Red Bull #2.
    You mean, Red Bull # 3?

Because Paul Stoddart sold Minardi to them a month or so ago. Would it make sense to run different motors for the principal and Junior team? I don´t think so.

Quote Originally Posted by magracer
    You mean, Red Bull # 3?

Because Paul Stoddart sold Minardi to them a month or so ago. Would it make sense to run different motors for the principal and Junior team? I don´t think so.
    Oh yeah, nevermind that guess then.

i'm not making guesses but the team that is missing is something from the SIVA group... i have no idea wether VW are thinking or ever thought about that, but that would be nice

on a real guess i'd go for a f3000 team.
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

You mean, Red Bull # 3?

I doubt Ferrari will provide engines for a third team though. My guess is that the junior team will continue to use the V10 engines used in the Red Bull cars of this year. So that they will basically run this year's car next year. Another option is getting their hands on the new Cosworth V8s, but I'm guessing those will be a pricy set of pistons and valves. It makes me wonder how well developed the Radical engine is, which most definitely is the longest running of all 2.4 V8s.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

If I'm correct Ferrari is only supplying engines to Sauber this year. Cosworth supplies both Minardi and Red Bull teams and most probably will continue to do so next year. After all, Red Bull must be happy about their performance this year, they've got more points than last year, although I think they remain in the same place in the constructor championship.

If I'm correct Ferrari is only supplying engines to Sauber this year. Cosworth supplies both Minardi and Red Bull teams and most probably will continue to do so next year. After all, Red Bull must be happy about their performance this year, they've got more points than last year, although I think they remain in the same place in the constructor championship.
    Sauber will be turned into a BMW team and Red Bull signed a deal earlier this with Ferrari to use their engines for next year.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Thread Information