Thread: 1992 Alfa Romeo Group C

1992 Alfa Romeo Group C

Alfa Romeo Group C #1
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Sorry if I cannot express myself correctly, but I don't know English as good as I want, so my answers will probably be the same in many cases.

Alfa Romeo Group C #2
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by carreragt10; 10-07-2005 at 10:49 PM.
    Sorry if I cannot express myself correctly, but I don't know English as good as I want, so my answers will probably be the same in many cases.

Very interesting. Since it's written in japanese any info on the car?
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

(Cover)
    The modern sport racing machine where Ferrari participates.

If about these 30 years, you mention activity of the Ferrari racing, it made common sense halfway that that way it points to F1 grand prix.
    But, the Ferrari motor sport was not, the one make-up series which is held in for F1 and the customer, "challenge" just.
    To tell the truth with Malanelo, while mixing the secret of size concerning the racing sport of the expectation which becomes extinct 30 years ago, and others the く it continued to maintain deep relation long, the time even victory had listed. Those where from now on you speak to Scuderia reader Moroe involving two brands whose Prestegge which represents Italy is high, are the short story of the Ferrari sport car which it develops.It is the expectation where also the episode which perhaps makes for the first time clear concerning this story which shows of Scuderia Ferrari and the connection of Lancia and alpha Romeo, is included.

================================================== == ======

(2nd page.)

Under photograph:Height of aero dynamics and the chassis balance which are superior with the Ferrari engine became the merit of Lancia LC2. However, it was regrettable not to be able to say the same thing, concerning reliability.

Lancia and Ferrari. 1982 fall, the Lancia group 6 sport car being similar, WEC (world Endurans championship), annual ranking 2 rank (driver section of Patoraze) from the next day which is ended, already you started the story of this collaboration.This season of group C first year, as for small racing Belketta of Italy make which is outside the Constructor`s ranking object because of old standard, the choosing, Micare alborat, Ricardo Patoraze, and Aressandoro naneni with drive of the young pilot which it can make a foolish mistake, turning the strongest Works Porsche 956 to the other side, depending upon large fighting well and race/lace (including silver stone 6 hour, 3 victories) you showed large participating of the extent which supplies synthesis victory.Only it was and s, after complete movement to of group C is approached,
    But, after complete movement to of group C is approached, the Stuttgart giant who becomes the Difending champion in the Torino make 2 seaters - Balketta and new, differential with respect to the performance of Porsche 956 excessively was big ones in 1983 season which comes.The fact that the plan is worried here, the greatness which leads Lancia rally activity to great success is entire supervision and Chezarre fiorio to that. He after bringing big success to Lancia with the full beer coupe, created that strike rust sensation. And changing to Endurans race, in the Torino motor sport boundary it was the one of the leading figures who already pushing or pushing are done e.g., it acquires 2 year continual Constructor`s title with the small beta Monte Carlo turbo.Furthermore if you say, fiorio in seventies beginning starts pulling D no V6 unit from Maranero, in order to place in the strike rust which at that time still is in the midst of developing, it is the one of the sources who were approached.It did not expect "to bet" at that time, as some one person he himself had achieved great Entso Ferrari reliance and respect by embarking you captured with the victory, and 3 year continual WRC champion acquisition of many numbers.Therefore, when 198 the collaboration of Ferrari and Lancia is decided in 2, those which are surprised that on the other hand it was little even, you probably can say. As for he requesting this time, 2 seaters for group C which can send the durable championship of 1983 season it is the turbocharger attaching engine in order to load onto - sport car.As for Ferrari, already there is experience even with F1, vis-a-vis the request (with 126C2 which loads the V6 turbo engine, for the first time the champion of constructor section acquires Maranero) with the V8 2599 cc + twin turbo which throws turbo technology, 750ps is shown at least in this 198 2 year season as a turbo car, it means to answer with up-to-date power unit.Splendid power, proving the sufficient chassis efficiency which it corresponds to that from stage of shakedown and the test, you show Lancia LC2 of the martini racing which loads this engine.However, as for that it did not become with the advantage for Porsche 956 instantaneously. Formally entry 3 season which is done (1983 - 1985) inside, as for synthesis victory Imora1000 KM 1983, just Carami 9 hour 1984, and three times of Spa 1000 KM 1985.The chances which can show the engine power quite were few, could not prove the strength on race/lace site to end. Unfortunate trouble attacks to the driver of Maltini racing one after another, Lancia LC2 especially this time, enormous number at Porsche 956 which entry has been done/962, is beaten many times.

On photograph:The winter 1992, at the alpha Romeo's racing section factory, alpha Ferrari & the group C which are developed with top secret.

(Page 3)

photograph

(Page 4)

under photograph:Alpha Ferrari & the group C which load the V12 unit for Ferrari F1. The photograph was photographed with the special exhibition inside the Carlo Biscaretti Di Lffia automobile museum of Torino.

(Page 5)

Photograph 1: The cockpit where at one time Nicola Rareni is settled. Two liquid crystal panels are provided before the eye of the driver, various switches line up on the dash center.

Photograph 2: Moretti which is settled in at one time "the work place".

Photograph 3: In this way, when you observe, after repeating hardship, in research of aero dynamics such as the body side which is sealed up completely and the enormous rear wing which is projected, it is discovered even from the styling.

(Page 6)

The photograph left: The fact that the design processing which designates the shield as motif is administered, is proof of alpha in the nose open part. Directly, is not something which produces effect on speed, but Italian you apply make-up only it is relation to tradition.

The photograph right: Group C of that time, same as Toyota TS010 and the like, alpha Ferrari & the group C which have the front screen of beautiful semi-spherical. The point where the shaft of the wiper penetrates the screen is unique processing.

Actually, Porsche of that time was sold powerful ply beta other than Rosmans works. As for entry ratio ratio of the Lancia car in WEC 1: 10. In other words it was the diagram where 20 unit thing Shutsuttogalt make machines are vis-a-vis 2 martinis Lancia.Even if, trouble occurring in the Rosmans works car, retiring, the other similar type car buries that hole, guarantees the valuable point. In this way, WEC title of that time was carried to all Shutsuttogalt. This circumstance, when at one time seventies beginnings, it happened between Ferrari 512 S/M and Porsche 917, again it was accustomed to showing the completely same unpleasant repetition.

Alpha Romeo and Lancia.

The above-mentioned Lancia Ferrari collaboration, the alpha Romeo Ferrari make 2 seaters which you speak from now on vis-a-vis being famous ones which everyone knows, the person who knows the story of - sport perhaps almost is thought as the thing which is not.1 February of the year before last, FIAT & the group agreed to releasing the result of this collaboration for the first time generally for the first time. Exhibition of the racing car which is held at the Carlo Biscaretti Di Lffia museum of Torino (extraordinary facilities) it came to the point of exhibiting.It procured the unpublished official photo, and, from the same museum curator and Rodolffo Gaffeno Rossi it is care part of at this exhibition, this time concerning alpha Romeo Ferrari here releasing reached the point of for the first time.To tell the truth, although the advanced development of FIAT & the group is contracted you recollect Gaffeno Rossi which had taken charge also the production of prototype and serves the patsy "of the Pirorta" factory to 1999.

"This sport car project immediately after alpha Romeo is settled in the affiliation of FIAT & the group from, inside our racing sections was advanced to the complete secret reverse side..........

Under photograph:In the point that, also the diffuser of rear ended lower part is the same it designates F1 as prototype. In order to convert the gland effect effect maximally, or in order to prevent the fact that the flow of the air which is discharged in the venturi duct of the lower part interferes, it covers all constitution ones of rear suspension even with this photograph, form of the diffuser which is installed in the form which forms triangle facing toward the rear end understands well.

(Page 7)

And also Injenyare of Camaskerra and Bettio, participates in ax project the respective chassis - with as a electronics charge, in addition, Injenyare Rimorne as a supervisor. It remains, technical regulation of that time (group C below NA3500cc which is enforced from 199 2 year season) to conform, furthermore the high performance it was the engine."

As for them how doing? Recollection of Gaffeno Rossi continues.

"Cooperative relationship inside the group from judgement, that the maximum it should utilize, became to request the use of the V12 3500cc natural inhalation unit which is loaded onto the F1 machine of that time onto Maranero."

As that time, are not different could not be choices above this. The V12 unit for Ferrari F1 re-was tuned for using with the durable race/lace, at that time was loaded onto the up-to-date carbon composite make thing cock. This did future, it is alpha Romeo Ferrari start.

Story of Gaffeno Rossi continues.

"This machine even if was top secret inside the group for the first time were done the shakedown test "at the circuit and as still stage. Because, as for alpha Romeo of that time, entry it does in some championship even, being to be the circumstance which it has not informed in anyone it does.Therefore, as for these 2 seaters - machine the carbon bareness which the paint is not done completely being deep-black, it was limited to the test run inside the trial manufacture private test course which alpha Romeo owns in Araze.As for the test driver, Nicolas Rareni which serves also the Ferrari permanent tester. As for him the first lap of the test they were the circumstances which are completely fascinated in the power whose alpha Ferrari which is exhibited early is splendid.However, it decided the leader position of FIAT & the group, being something which betrays our expectations completely. As for them, as for alpha Romeo's race/lace activity if to the last the marketing car (to at that time you refer, being to insist that 155) it should concentrate on the touring car category which is related to sale directly, it does.In this way, the unusual collaboration, alpha Romeo and Ferrari became shelving permanently, we when at one time Enzzo Ferrari has supervised alpha Colse in 1930 age, came to the point of tasting the thinking which the same is bitter. This time, passing the time of 10 years, it meaning that such an anecdote is included it does in the project which is excavated."

For Privatere the Ferrari sport

The Ferrari make power unit was loaded by Lancia LC2, showed the fixed result. And, although it was placed, after all participation to race/lace without being ended the Ferrari engine even in alpha Ferrari group C.After these two historical episodes, Ferrari 333SP in the form the accidental way displayed that form in beginning 1993.The fact that idea of this machine is brought, although worldwide it is the owner of the famous MOMO corporation with the part for the automobile which begins the steering wheel wheel being famous in the American durable race/lace boundary as a gentleman driver of the highest level, the man who and others continued く participation long even in the IMSA series of that time, is JeanPierrot Moretti.The IMSA series of this time, former top category, had faced the cost soaring of GTP which is rivaled with 2 seaters - sport, but it entered 1993, one stuffed the page of history and new it starts it announced technical regulation.

On photograph:When the engine cowl is removed, the Ferrari V12 engine which can give unique profile reveals itself. Because there is the logograph of "Alfaromeo" in the head cover of each bank, distinction is easy.

Under photograph:Those where it is diverted from Ferrari F1 of that time are not to limit to the engine. On the transmission, the coil & suspension the rear where set of the spring/shock absorber is mounted horizontally Ferrari F1 of that time 91, has the form which makes that of alias Tippo associate 643.

(Page 8)

On photograph:As for being interesting, it is form of the exhaust manifold which is installed in the power unit which develops from the Ferrari F1 unit. Different from one for F1 which directly from that base is blown to the air exit vicinity of the rear end, the manifold of alpha Ferrari & group C, directing to the air exit which is provided immediately before Rear tire, it can recognize the traces which it tries it will discharge, to utilize in aero dynamics.

And, Moretti which promptly obtained the information, Ferrari vice president who is the close friend, offers consultation to Pierrot Ferrari, when new regulation is faced to Ferrari, it persuades.2 seaters of the basin type where this just was born new category WSC (World Sports Cars) with to be named, is placed between the axle front and back the cockpit which in order to guarantee the safety of - monocoque and the driver makes around cover with the firm fair ring, as for the simple rear wing and the transmission which consist of only 2 only the advance 5 fast manual, prohibition of active suspension, and from something use of the engine which Modification is done eye theory is was from the one for marketing car.Actually, when many of the large manufacturer of that time would like to try trying capability with IMSA, it had will, but it seemed that all together infers the chance of participation concerning new WSC which can utilize the technology for the especially marketing car.

"To that and extending to long time, many degrees visited the Enzzo Ferrari place, in order to produce the machine because of the sport car race of America, persuaded, (note: As for last persuasion immediately before Enzzo dies, 1988 beginning, MOMO The DESIGN corporation lifting up to Ferrari, when interviewing in order to hand the Lithograph collection which is produced to Enzzo.) Being, it does, but it was normal to dodge Enzzo with the joke, after all to be eluded story.But, directing to 1994 season, as for regulation being amended being decided, it was the chance which cannot be let escape anymore no matter what. Ferrari although at that time, it has started the reconstruction of power unit for the marketing car, was about you pant in hovering whose with F1 is long. In addition, in America and others opening of く F1 race/lace is stopped long, participates to new race/lace even in order to designate the popularity in the important North American market for Ferrari as absolute ones it meaning that the necessity which recovers the central sport image of Ferrari again has occurred, does."

As for Moretti, as expressed before, you spoke with Pierrot Ferrari, you explained concerning your own idea, but from all way in order you make know to character, furthermore the discussion had recognized necessity deeply.1993 March, the sponsor ACO of Pierrot Ferrari, JeanPierrot Moretti and 24 hours in Le Mans (western automobile club) Mark Raforf of Pierre Moreau of the chairman, and IMSA execution secondary chairman attending, first official meeting was held.At the meeting contents of new regulation make clear, as for Pierrot Ferrari which is agreed upon say that you talked the thermal valve to the Lca Montezamoro president partner who is the source who at one time makes the sport car race/lace of Ferrari close, concerning the necessity of new Ferrari racing sport. When Pierrot, when it went 4 half a century ago at Ferrari 512, similarly, can produce the machine of one constant, can reproduce the system which sells to the customer of powerful Privatere, it was convinced.Furthermore to this IMSA project is indispensable, the Maranero make super car which is substituted to F40 as the marketing model which becomes the supply cause of power unit, F130 (afterwards "F50" and designation), at that time was formally on midst of development.As for the economic collateral which produces sport from zero, insistence had been audible from the inside and outside that there are sufficient ones even just re-acquisition of the sport image in the North American market. But, this "seesaw game" finally Si (Yes) to direction Ferrari north American president Janlige Buitoni lowered the fact that it can tilt, Ferrari again the fact that it produces & sells racing sport, style of the brand, Ferrari and greatness, now it becomes fixed to one time American market, will not be the decision that it becomes the highest expedient.

I am the Japanese, but using the translation software because we are poor English you wrote. It is ugly English, but please permit. Lastly, ending with 8, it increases, the page, but you think that still there is the continuation.
    thanks

Text extracted from the forum: http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?t=167329
    Last edited by carreragt10; 10-08-2005 at 10:45 AM.

Thread Information