Thread: EVO Magazine GT4 Challenge

EVO Magazine GT4 Challenge

For all those Gran Turismo 4 players out there I just thought you'd like o know that EVO magazine (probably the best performance car magazine in the UK IMHO) is running it's very own GT4 Challenge. Previously they did a Nordschleife 'no-holds-barred' fast as you can over one lap competition, just for fun with no real rules. Now they've set up a proper competition with a proper prize (a DVD of the history of legendary Porsche tuners Ruf). Of course, not only do you get a nice new DVD if you win, you also get the kudos of having your name up in lights in one of the best car magazines around.

The challenge is a simple one:-

International A License Test #7: Tackling complex corner sequences.

It's the one where you have to drive the Ruf 'Yellowbird' around a small section of the Trial Mountain course. There are no driver aids and there can be no cutting of corners or banging into walls or you'll fail the test anyway. They've said that don't bother sending in your times unless you can get at least the Gold award on the test (sub 34secs).

I think I might have a stab at it (flying the flag for UCP as it were! ), see how my skills compare to those in the world at large and not just UCPers. However, judging by the times entered in the previous EVO comp (numerous people were well under the 5min marker for the Nordschleife ) I think the competition will be ridiculously competitive. Anyone else (Dino, shockwaveracing et al) thinking of entering?

P.S. Just to let you know, after a dozen or so attempts I'm into the 32.9s, I'd expect the real pros to be down in the mid 32s.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

You really should enter!

Guest Guest
    go for it! it would be good to see how the rest of the Uk compares to UCP!

[QUOTE=Jack_Bauer] EVO magazine (probably the best performance car magazine in the UK IMHO) QUOTE]

The best performance car magazine (printed in english) in the world, IMHO.

Looking forward to seeing Jack in the list.

How do they check that submissions are legit?

It took me a few laps to get the Silver award....Gold, ugh.

The Nurburgring comp was a farce in my eyes. Just a bunch of guys with their modified 1000+ horsepower cars luckily managaging to bang their way around the track. Because they a re soo hard to control and very twitchy.

They should set challenges with the missions and see how people fare then, as you fail if you go on the gras or hit the wall too hard.
    "The thunder of 1001bhp would send a sonic boom through his carbon fibre shell, crack it in half and leave a wet puddle on the fancy leather seat."

Thread Information