Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jeremy Clarkson shot at in Iraq

Jeremy Clarkson shot at in Iraq

Jeremy Clarkson was shot at four times in one day on Sunday, and the camp where he was staying came under mortar-fire, while he travels on a fact-finding tour of Iraq.

The TV presenter – star of motoring show Top Gear – is visiting the troubled country to research a newspaper article. His journey began on Saturday when the Hercules transport plane he was traveling on on a flight from Basra to Baghdad was shot at with rockets by insurgents south of the capital. The plane was able to take evasive action and to release flares to shake off the attack.While in the capital the US army Black Hawk helicopter he was traveling in came under fire again. Later in the day, his return flight to Basra also came under attack. Finally, within hours of arriving back at base at the city’s airport the camp came under mortar-fire by, it is believed, Shia tribesmen.Clarkson, who was not hurt in the incidents, told the Daily Mirror: "I knew this would happen - this sort of thing always happens to me."One British soldier said: "We've never seen anything like this occur to one person, especially not a civilian." The TV star has been called "Target Practice" by squaddies following the incidents. One joked: "People are saying he's saved lives because the Iraqis have used so much ammo trying to kill him."Clarkson has said previously that the US invading Iraq after 911 would have resembled the US attacking China after Pearl Harbour, and has regularly questioned the purpose and wisdom of the invasion.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Maybe it was just those viewers who wanted him banned from television...
    Last edited by Esperante; 10-10-2005 at 03:29 PM.
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

Yeah all those American Marines angry about his comments on Vipers/Corvettes and for daring to send the GT back
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Whose mad? He loved the GT and gave it rave reviews. Check my signature.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin
    OBSESSED is a word the lazy use to describe the DEDICATED!

Didn't his alarm system in his GT go haywire?
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

Quote Originally Posted by "Clevor" Angel
    get with the old "latest" news.

he gave it back to Ford after the alarm woudlnt stop reporting itself stolen

"Someone's sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago." -Warren Buffett

Read the articles. He said quote "It knows it’s a great, great car that was ruined by a useless ape who fitted a crummy aftermarket alarm system." The episode of Top Gear where he tests it all he does is rave about it. I would expect you "of all people" to know that. Anyway to put this back on the right track, Getting shot at four times in one day is pretty freaking funny, glad no one was hurt. Said it had a soul, said he cried seeing it go. I just can't see how you apparently think he hates it.
    Last edited by "Clevor" Angel; 10-10-2005 at 03:47 PM.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin

"Clevor" please match the name

All that was said was JC sent it back. He sent it back because of the alarm. AND since then he as waxed lyrical on the Ferrari and raves even MORE about that

You're making up your own stories to argue against

Nobody said he was mad, Matra just said he returned it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Yeah all those American Marines angry about his comments on Vipers/Corvettes and for daring to send the GT back
    "Someone's sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago." -Warren Buffett

The "whose mad" was a joke. I just said he gave rave reviews on the GT, I didn't know we were arguing on wether or not he gave it back, I know that, this article was posted a little while ago.

The "whose mad" was a joke. I just said he gave rave reviews on the GT, I didn't know we were arguing on wether or not he gave it back, I know that, this article was posted a little while ago.
    You also returned the argument rather harshly.
    Read the articles.

I didn't think it was harsh, if I wanted it to have been harsh I would have added a ! at the end.

I didn't think it was harsh, if I wanted it to have been harsh I would have added a ! at the end.
    Alright. Believed. Just let's stop the arguing.

this thread is so deceptive, ar first glance is looks like Jeremy Clarkson shot in Iraq.....then the little photo of Clarkson resembles that of an obitchuary...or however you spell it

i do agree the rockets and ammo used on him may have saved lives

although why would they waste ammo on him?
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

Thread Information