3) BMW M5
    4) Ferrari F430
    5) Ferrari Enzo
    6) Corvette Z06
    7) Lamborghini Gallardo
    8) 1967 AC Cobra 427
    9) 1971 Hemi Cuda
    10) Mercedes SL55 AMG

Minor problem at the dealership saw it postponed till this friday.
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

Gutted. I'd sue if I were you!
    "Work is the curse of the drinking classes."
    Oscar Wilde

Classic Motoring Blog -
    http://classicmotoring.blogspot.com/

Test Drive

After the minor problems of last week, the formalities of the drive (agreeing I’d wear any speeding tickets I earned/damage to the car, etc) were quickly dispensed with.

When walking into the garage it (Mercury Silver car from the show) was parked at the back of the garage facing us. It looked low, wide and menacing with the colour appearing much darker than at the show. We jumped in (I started in the passenger seat) and I was run through all the buttons and switches, and then it was started. Key in, clutch in and the start button glows red. Push it and the engine barks to life before settling into a low growl sounding like a larger engine than it is. Heading out of the garage it displays how much ground clearance it has as we head out of a very steep driveway without any issues. After being driven through the heaviest of the city traffic we pull up in a newly constructed residential area where I jumped behind the wheel.

My heart that was already beating fast is now really starting to go as I try and pretend I’m calm and composed as I adjust all the mirrors, seat and wheel. Pulling away shows the low end torque of the engine and the driveability is excellent. After a couple of quick laps round the block to get used to where everything is we hit one on the more open road in the area and when the valves that allow it to pass the noise regs open it moves form an aggressive rumble to a brilliant song note – a cross between a Vanquish V12 and a F430 V8. Utterly intoxicating.

Heading south on the freeway shows how easily the car will either run at higher revs or pull from low revs into a gap in the traffic in higher gears. We got as far as we could go before we had to return (how rude of someone else wanting to drive it) and headed back to the city. Unfortunately the boys in blue saw us and decided to follow us most of the way back just as I was starting to relax and really get to grips with what I had my hands on. Once the fun police let us go I was able to crack open the throttle again and listen to the engine do what it does best.

The final run to the dealership showed that the ride is firm, yet it is not harsh, the dealer commenting that it was not perfectly smooth (I replied that if that is what I wanted I would have ordered a Bentley). It also showed that as in any high performance sports car it does attract attention, but there is none of the derision that can be associated with “other” brands.

As to other reviews: Tiff’s comments about not being able to hear the noise – I have no idea what he is on about. I could hear what I wanted, any louder when cruising could have gotten annoying (F360) and when you are pushing it the loud valve opens and you definitely know what is there, the loud valve can be easily switched to permanently open, and back, but for most of the time I think I’d leave it as is.
    JC becoming a mental mess – He isn’t the only one, its just so good (100% of test drives lead to deposits).
    evo – it may be a little slower round the track than a 997 Carrera S with ceramic brakes, but as they said the rest is just so good. This can be combined with the looks and that you don’t need to learn all the quirks of the strange engine position.

[jellous]*mumbles*luckymotherf*cker*/mumbles*[/jellous]
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Generally Astons are not cars to mess around with, so don't be doing any burnouts

Zytek_Fan: Some of your posts are very cryptic and I'm not sure I always understand what you are trying to say. This is one of those ocasions.

Now I just need a version of the car for GT4

Congrats! I have a V8 Vantage coming at the end of March. Tungsten/Black w red stitching. Post some pics when you get yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeru
    Congrats! I have a V8 Vantage coming at the end of March. Tungsten/Black w red stitching. Post some pics when you get yours.
    post some pics when you get YOURS
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

Jeru, sounds cool. The black w/red coarse stiching should be good.

I could get a black/black demo about the same time, but will be waiting the extra year the get exactly what I want.

Congratulations on choosing a car with actual appeal, instead of say a 911 or Mercedes.

I envy your predicament, having to sort through colours and trim varieties.

Bamboo wood looks very nice for the interior......
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

The bamboo isnt available on the V8V, its DB9 only. The wood is heavier, so not in the sporty V8V nature.

Thread Information