Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ferrari F430 GT 2006-2009

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PininfarinaPIMP
    Says the guy that likes Mitsubishi Lancer EVOs...by the way, the Porsche Cayenne Turbo lapped the Nurburgring faster than the EVO...
    on the 5th gear test track the Cayenne was a slow as a mini...

EVO is better and Cayenne this from sport things has only mark Porshe
    EVO is the best !!
    Forgive me my weak English :D

One of my new dream cars.

Some new imagery.
    Attached Images Attached Images

One more.

thanks a lot for those new pics McLaren
    FERRARI RULEZZZ

3 new pics
    Reach for the moon! Even if you miss, you'll still be among the stars!

Sorry if I cannot express myself correctly, but I don't know English as good as I want, so my answers will probably be the same in many cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    Well it isn't.

I wonder though, if this new car will be as "successful" as Ferrari's other GT offerings of late:

575 GTC - which was soundly beaten by the privately developed Prodrive 550s. How painfully embarrassing that must be.

360 GTC - which beat the 911. Oh, wait; which couldn't beat the 911.

Ferrari, for a company which is supposed to excel at race cars, isn't very good at building race cars these days.

i think you already found the answer

also .. the 360 did beat the 911 . it won the FIA GT Championship .. but it wasn't further developed

and neither of these are actually prepared by Ferrari ..
    the 575GTC was prepared by N-Technology and the 430GT is prepared by Michelotti .. his time with a better budget compared to 575&360 GTC .
    There is no terrible way of winning
    there is just winning

N-Techonology is the works outfit for the Fiat Group, so the 575 GTC was a factory developed car, but wihtout a works team. The funniest thing is that the Maserati MC12 beat it at its own game.

The case of the Ferrari 360 GTC (and I'm assuming it'll be the same with the 430 GT) is that the Porsches easily outnumber all the other contenders, it's just the default choice for the category. Plus with a Porsche you get factory support, like parts on nearly all events, whereas when you run a Ferrari you're on your own, completely. Porsche also used to run a semi-works team in the FIA GT series if I'm not mistaken.
    Last edited by Ferrer; 05-05-2006 at 03:53 PM.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer
    The case of the Ferrari 360 GTC (and I'm assuming it'll be the same with the 430 GT) is that the Porsches easily outnumber all the other contenders, it's just the default choice for the category. Plus with a Porsche you get factory support, like parts on nearly all events, whereas when you run a Ferrari you're on your own, completely. Porsche also used to run a semi-works team in the FIA GT series if I'm not mistaken.

it won't be the case . check the entry-lists for both FIA GT and LMS .. you'll get plenty of 430GT2 .. 6 for this weekend race at Silverstone ..
    There is no terrible way of winning
    there is just winning

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer
    N-Techonology is the works outfit for the Fiat Group, so the 575 GTC was a factory developed car, but wihtout a works team. The funniest thing is that the Maserati MC12 beat it at its own game.

There is a distinct difference between N-Tech and Michelotti. When Ferrari looked at building a GTS/GT1 version of the 575, they set a limited budget for the company to work with. Michelotti plain refused to do it under Ferrari's strict financial condition. That's why N-Tech got involved. Ferrari paid them to build a race worthy car and that's what they did. In the end it proved impossible to properly set up and lacked any development, which explains why it was such a failure. I'm pretty sure that if Michelotti would have been able to do it on their terms the car would have been a lot better. The 360 has won races in every series it competed, despite the numerical dominance of the 911s.

As for the F430 GT2, it ran a pretty flawless 12 Hours at Sebring, hampered only by rediculous problems that seem to have been solved for the European outings. It would have won Sebring fresh out of the box. The car that won at Istanbul was with that team for less than a week. I'm pretty sure there is more in that car for the future and a Ferrari seems to be the sensible option for the first time. A big hurdle will be Le Mans as the 360 never completed a 24 hour race.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen
    There is a distinct difference between N-Tech and Michelotti. When Ferrari looked at building a GTS/GT1 version of the 575, they set a limited budget for the company to work with. Michelotti plain refused to do it under Ferrari's strict financial condition. That's why N-Tech got involved. Ferrari paid them to build a race worthy car and that's what they did. In the end it proved impossible to properly set up and lacked any development, which explains why it was such a failure. I'm pretty sure that if Michelotti would have been able to do it on their terms the car would have been a lot better. The 360 has won races in every series it competed, despite the numerical dominance of the 911s.

As for the F430 GT2, it ran a pretty flawless 12 Hours at Sebring, hampered only by rediculous problems that seem to have been solved for the European outings. It would have won Sebring fresh out of the box. The car that won at Istanbul was with that team for less than a week. I'm pretty sure there is more in that car for the future and a Ferrari seems to be the sensible option for the first time. A big hurdle will be Le Mans as the 360 never completed a 24 hour race.
    I suppose that because Michelotti isn't under Fiat's wing they really can't afford to have a bad car, they have to deliver because they depend on the contracts they may recieve to prepare cars for racing. On that basis what better advertisement than a winning car? That's probably the reason why they turned down the opportunity to develop the under-funded Ferrari 575 GTC. What's more the very similar looking 550 Maranello racers from Prodrive very probably have made appear the 575 GTC worse than they might have been.

As a result Ferrari turned to N-Techonolgy, which even if they knew it wasn't going to be competitive, they coudn't refuse the project, because they are Fiat's official racing department, as they ran the works Alfas at the WTCC and the rallying works Fiat Puntos. Of course the entry of Maserati in the category, might also have contribute to the disappointing performance and under-develpment of the 575 GTC, as Ferrari themselves wanted the big Maser to win. However the case with the 430 GT is different.

I'm pretty sure that beating Porsche at its own game is very important for Ferrari, and if you can beat the well established 911 legend, better even. That's why, probably, this time Ferrari are pushing harder with the 430 GT, and the don't have any other competition from their Group to worry about, as the Maseratis now run in the GT3 class, with their mildly modified Gransport Trofeos, and in that class Ferrari has no official presence.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

oh oh oh

yhea i dont like the mesh or the wing. please go away mesh and wing...
    THIS IS A SIGNATURE
    (UCP'S biggest Zonda fan)

Stand up next to a mountain, chop it down with the edge of my hand. Pick up all the peices make an island over there
    Jimi H...

OK, time for an update...

Ferrari F430 GT #8:

Thread Information