Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bird Flu: Who's worried?

Bird Flu: Who's worried?

I am. I'm sh****** myself.

Please discuss you thoughts.

I recon its just getting hyped-up by the press. Hell man, they managed to make us buy fuel until the petrol stations were empty .. for no real reason! Its just media hype ... I'll believe it when i get it

Kill all the birds is what i say. Who needs them anyway?

on another note, im not so worried. Simply because i have to see it to believe it.

dont really give a fook

aslong as it doesnt come round here im not bothered
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

If it does get over here, 50-750,000 people will die.

And it also spread to Greece today from Romania.

I'm pooing my pants

I think it's a little bit of media hype, but there is a real threat, unless we eradicate all known infected birds.

HECK YES

we should all get government provided shotguns

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik
    HECK YES

we should all get government provided shotguns

Haha, that's one way.

I think they just need to kill birds in Greece and Romania etc so that it doesn't spread any further.

Another scenario is that it's another SARS. Everyone runs around crapping themselves, and then it jus dissapears.

I'm somewhat concerned, but that's not a new thing. I've been following the avian influenza for several months. Not many new developments really, but it's the sort of thing that can and might sit for years without ever developing into a strain threatening to humans. It's been around for a while and not mutated yet, and who knows if it ever will. It could also happen tomorrow and by next week we could have outbreaks all over the world.

It's something to be aware of and cautious of, but since there is little that can be done to prepare for it, there's no sense getting scared of it. The media will forget all about it should we go another few weeks without any change in the status, and next year around the same time we'll have another few weeks where the media is bored and wants something to scare us with.

Dude for some reason i had a thought, if the birds come to the UK, it will come to me first!!
    .................................................................................:¦Back Again¦:.................................................................................

Im pooing it aswell, ive got 7 sodding chickens living in a hut in me garden.

meow.
    "It feels loud, fast and scary. It feels like someone has torn off your arm and is beating you to death with the soggy end." Clarkson talking about a TVR.

Meh. Unless you live in Asia at the moment, don't sweat being around some chickens. Be more concerned that it becomes transferrable person-to-person and some businessman catches it, hops on a plane, and spreads it on the plane and on every stop of his trip between Bangkok and the UK.

That's the real danger. If it's spreadable by human contact, it will be across the globe in a matter of days.

Well China tried that once,if you kill the birds then you have to worry about bug's,it never ends you cant f@ck with mother nature.
    Some Rulers Are Immortalized In Marble Others,
    In Carbon Fiber.{Hard Core Audi Fan}Ich Fahr Omnibus!
    """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

I'm going to lock myself in Biosphere. It's a pre-emptive strike. If I come out, and get infected, the birds have won.
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

I just punch random birds in the face.

Its the TYPICAL American scare tactic. When the twin towers went down i wasnt scared, when they said Suddam had WMDs, which was bullshit, i wasnt scared, and when they said this bird flu pandemic the whole countries shitting its over is rampid i STILL wasnt scared. Its bullshit, they hyped up West Nile when that came out, its America people, they are going to try to scare you with EVERYTHING...

Thread Information