Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Classic 34

OK, I never realized that by me posting a pic of this '34 it would spark this debate. Will this car appeal to everybody, no. No one car will appeal to everybody as is the reason I made the remark to smxi and thanked him for his input. I love the classic lines of the older european cars and the engineering behind them and the way they performed. I love all cars as it is in my blood and I am partial to the Street Rod style of the classics. I have helped work on several and driven one that would give a 996 TT a run for its money but that is neither here nor there.

I would like to thank the ones who responded and appreciate your taste even if it is not similar to my own. This picture was basically just me showing off (I got a new camera) and a picture of what I consider a beautiful automobile. Feel free to leave feedback about the car or the picture either one.

The term "snooty" European was rather seriously misplaced in here I have to admit, but by it I only meant those who buy only one brand or only one kind of car because they think they are "better" than everyone else. I in no way meant it to offend, I should put the smilies after each thing then.

ps Nice shot GA Teg, black anything is beautiful in my eyes. Don't mind Matra and I, apparently everything we post in the same thread becomes an arguement.

pss matra, I didn't cover the points because their was nothing to cover, I stated my opinion, so did henk, I didn't want to turn this into an arguement... again.
    Last edited by "Clevor" Angel; 10-19-2005 at 01:08 PM.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin
    OBSESSED is a word the lazy use to describe the DEDICATED!

Thanks Clevor

Quote Originally Posted by "Clevor" Angel
    but by it I only meant those who buy only one brand or only one kind of car because they think they are "better" than everyone else.
    Would someone that buys a Ford F-150 generation after generation be considered such a person? Or maybe someone that buys only Jeeps for their off-roading because they are "Trail Rated" (for anyone outside the states, that is their slogan)? I thought that was just brand loyalty...u know, the same reason why you would go buy the same brand of razors week after week, etc. Would someone owning a Ford PickUp truck scoffing at someone owning a Chevrolet PickUp (or vice-versa) make him/her snooty? Was the Catholic institution snooty in believing that the Earth was flat?

I meant a superiority complex. Like a rich guy only buying bentley or rolls-royce, not becuase their great cars but because their a status symbol.
    Last edited by "Clevor" Angel; 10-19-2005 at 02:16 PM.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by "Clevor" Angel
    I meant a superiority complex. Like a rich guy only buying bentley or rolls-royce, not becuase their great cars but because their a status symbol.
    Just makin' sure that snooty is not limited to Europeans

Quote Originally Posted by dracu777
    Just makin' sure that snooty is not limited to Europeans
    Damn, can't you leave anything just for us?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    Damn, can't you leave anything just for us?
    Hilarious

Ha Ha...just wanted to make sure since I am an European living in America. I thought I was beginning to be a hybrid of some sort.

Thread Information