Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: what does RS mean?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck
    depends on the, car if its a focus or an impreza i dont think its renn sport
    point is that the acronym was first used in Germany, hence the meaning Renn Sport. Obviously UK cars or Japanese cars like the sound and the kudos of the acronym and try to capitalise on that but adding it to their cars and think of anything in English that might fit RS, like racing sport or race sport or Rallye Stallion, but the original meaning has not changed.

The same goes for GTO which was introduced by Ferrari (Gran Turismo Omologato) and then used by Pontiac. However I don't think that Pontiac ever came up with a new meaning for the "O" in this acronym.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by RISE AGAINST
    RS stands for Rennen Sport. Which means Super Racing in German.
    EHHHH (buzzer sound) wrong

1)its RENN sport
    2)it only means racing

back to the original question, on the 996 gt3 RS im quite sure its RennSport

It means renn sport which is a german phrase you could translate to mean "racing sport" in english. At least that counts for most german car producers that puts "RS" on a car
    //Jannik

Thread Information