Thread: Midland offers Sato contract

Midland offers Sato contract

http://www.planet-f1.com/news/story_21368.shtml

Midland F1 offers Sato a 2006 deal
    Friday October 21 2005
    Takuma Sato could return to Jordan next year after team boss Colin Kolles revealed that the team, which will run under the Midland name in 2006, has offered Sato a contract.
    Sato made his F1 debut with Jordan in 2002, however, after a season marred by crashes, he moved to BAR and acted as their test driver before making the switch to full-time race driver in 2004.

Sato, though, failed to match his team-mate Jenson Button’s performances during his two years as a BAR driver and has therefore been given the boot in favour of Rubens Barrichello for 2006.

But that doesn’t mean his F1 career is over.

Not only is a mystery Honda-powered team believed to be interested in signing the Japanese driver, but so to is the new Midland team, who will take over Jordan next year after billionaire Alex Shnaider bought that team last January.

"Takuma has the contract, so now the ball is in his court," Kolles told Autosport magazine.

"If he wants to sign it, he could be a Midland driver next year.

"We offered him the contract in Brazil and we are still waiting to hear."

And although Sato isn’t saying which of the two teams he’s more likely to join, he has admitted that he’s determined to remain in F1 next season.

"Whether it's a new team or an existing team, I'm determined to race in 2006 anyway," he told reporters at the season-ending Chinese Grand Prix last weekend.

"I've got to believe in my heart 100 percent. But you never know until you get a contract.

"If the new team doesn't happen we are still in contact with existing teams and there are still possibilities. I have to choose what is the best option for me in 2006."
    I am the Stig

Damn, I thought we'd finally got rid of that guy... I guess not eh?
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

Seems that no one wants him to go. This year he's hardly proved to be a worthy investment, and i have to wonder what Midlands intentions are if this is true. They have said that they are willing to go with one talented driver and one pay driver, with the idea of Anthony Davison being the former.
    I am the Stig

Auckland, New Zealand & Balikpapan, Indonesia
    Quote Originally Posted by jorismo
    Damn, I thought we'd finally got rid of that guy... I guess not eh?
    why get rid of Sato? he's still a good driver capable of gaining points for his team. There's other drivers out there who shouldnt race next year.
    "Rejection is better than regret. It's better to try and know you did your part, than to spend the rest of your days wishing you had tried"

All I've seen from Sato this year is that he drove other drivers of the track...
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

My feeling is that if the new team happens he'll be with them, but they're not confirmed yet so he doesn't want to destroy other options.

what made them choose Sato, I mean honestly, WHY???????????
    2011 Honda Civic Si

ATHEIST and damn proud of it.

Sadly it looks to me as though this could mean heartbreak for Anthony Davidson again.

He was understudy for BAR behind Jense and Sato for years and always impressed in Friday practices and testing. He decides to leave BAR to seek out a proper race seat at Jordan/Midland and no sooner does he do this, bloody Kamikaze Sato takes a race seat at Midland. Apparently the team was very happy with Tiago Monteiro's performance this season and they're gonna renew his contract. Poor Davidson loses out again.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

They will get engines for cheaper since Honda said wherever Taku goes they will give that team full engine support

There's a town here in Ontario called Midland.

Just found that out today, thought I should let everyone know.

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Vindesh17
    what made them choose Sato, I mean honestly, WHY???????????
    Honda = Japanese
    Sato = Japanese
    Last edited by Jakg; 10-22-2005 at 01:05 PM. Reason: Spelling

Jordans = Difficult to drive
    Sato = Crashes alot

...Oh dear...

Good combination isn't it.
    I am sure Midland will do exactly what Minardi did, hire too many drivers

Quote Originally Posted by r1ckst4
    why get rid of Sato? he's still a good driver capable of gaining points for his team.
    You ARE joking right?

Thread Information