Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Difference between Canada and the United States.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleet 500
    Very unlikely that would happen. They are checked and inspected all the time.
    Rigging a machine would be a serious federal offense with certain jail time.
    So is financial corruption but THAT didn' stop ENRON did it !!
    However, I'm not aware of anyone ACTUALLY suggesting they HAD been rigged.
    You need to id humourous points to highlight the extreme view you've taken.
    So can you cite us examples of PEOPLE rigging the counts ? You said it was why machiens were better so clearly uo must have evidence that it has happened. Post it please. Which president got in by corrupt hand countign by people ??
    And remember... it was through machine counts that Clinton was elected two times. No one complained about machine counts when he won!
    ROFLMAO.

Another example of justifying something by making up stories.
    You are telling me NO REPUBLICANS complained at the time - I don't believe that but am happy to be shown evidence to the contrary
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 10-24-2005 at 02:34 AM.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    In the UK the counting system is setup up to cope with the reality that they sometimes WILL make mistakes. Just so 'others' dont' get too confused I'd have thought you guys woudl use the same system of counting the 'good' ones twice - sometimes three - and the uncertain ones discussed and counted many times more. AND that the candidates have the RIGHT to ask for a full recount or a partial recount and all candidates have to agree before the count is confirmed. Over hear it means sometimes recounts can mean days going by with no result and many recounts, but it happens very seldom and the view seems to be that getting it right is better than getting it early
    We have 2 differnt papers here, 2 boxes and they all go in the same ones. They must be counted by hand for the differnt partys and the 2 houses uppper and lower, Preference whos 1-2-3-4- etc. We cant stick them in machines.
    We dont even vote for who we wont in Gov it's party local reps thats it.
    One day we will be able to vote on a Computer who we wont in and thats all.
    I can dream also with John backwards Howard in Gov

But my sister does the Elections when ever they are on local federal ones.
    They have a group of about 12 people who do them start first thing in the Morn, And if all goes well 5 hours maybe done. If it's bad like 2 years ago some dick lost count from the sheat and they had to do them all over again and he was givin the evil look by the 10 other
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

So is financial corruption but THAT didn' stop ENRON did it !!
    However, I'm not aware of anyone ACTUALLY suggesting they HAD been rigged.
    You need to id humourous points to highlight the extreme view you've taken.
    So can you cite us examples of PEOPLE rigging the counts ? You said it was why machiens were better so clearly uo must have evidence that it has happened. Post it please. Which president got in by corrupt hand countign by people ??

ROFLMAO.

Another example of justifying something by making up stories.
    You are telling me NO REPUBLICANS complained at the time - I don't believe that but am happy to be shown evidence to the contrary
    Of course they weren't rigged. The Democrats are just sore that Gore lost so they invent some loopy theory.

I don't recall Republicans complaining about how the ballots were counted in 1992 and 1996. I didn't want Clinton to win, but when he did I accepted it.
    '76 Cadillac Fleetwood Seventy-Five Limousine, '95 Lincoln Town Car.

WOW, you really have no checks and balances ?
    I find it an odd reason, given that many other democracies the world over can employ and trust workers !!! Are you suggesting corruption is or was once that rife ??
    Human vote counters will make mistakes. Because they're human. They can be as careful as possible, but when hundreds of thousands of ballots are counted, there will be errors (not to mention taking a long time to count). That's why machines were brought in... faster and more accurate at the same time.

How long does it take with machine to count the votes??
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Of course they weren't rigged. The Democrats are just sore that Gore lost so they invent some loopy theory.

I don't recall Republicans complaining about how the ballots were counted in 1992 and 1996. I didn't want Clinton to win, but when he did I accepted it.
    The 2000 election was rigged, hence more complaints about it being rigged.

The '92 and '96 ones weren't so the only ones that complained were the hard-core republicans.

What you said about vote being rigged- very few things will get you thrown in jail if you have enough money. Bush's brother didn't personally rig the machines, he paid people that would take the fall if anyone ever found out.

btw why are you a republican? I support less spending, I would love to end welfare, and I'm somewhat republican in many other ways. What is it about you that makes you fanatically support Bush? Why must you continue to blindly follow the party?

Human vote counters will make mistakes. Because they're human. They can be as careful as possible, but when hundreds of thousands of ballots are counted, there will be errors (not to mention taking a long time to count). That's why machines were brought in... faster and more accurate at the same time.
    perfect example of not bothering to READ the procedure in the UK or Aus in another post.

I already told you it was more about speed and cost.

With multiple stage and repeat counting adn cross-checks and balances then I hate to tell you but PEOPLE are more accurate than machines. You just have to pay enough to do the job properly !!! WHY are people more accurate ? Because people can apply judgement and identify the desire nad intent of a voter and do NOT jsut look for a specific shape/hoel in a specific place. Computers are always GI-GO ! Thankfully people aren't.

Can you cite evidence on accuracy please ?
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

THe decision on what consituted hanging chad and whether they shodul or shodul not be counted was ridiculous and clearly the major issue from an international viewing of American democracy. Clearly there were voters who's vote was CLEAR but which were being discarded.
    It's OK FLeet, I woudlnt' expect you to accept Republicans acting like Democrats. That's not permitted in yoru distorted bi-aprtisan world

and perhaps because there weren't the many issues raised in Florida present at the time ??? ( more than likely they were but the count didnt' get clsoe enough for anyone to inspect it too closely. Possibly US votes have been inaccurate for decades for the reasons above !!! )

Quote Originally Posted by Bob
    The 2000 election was rigged, hence more complaints about it being rigged.

The '92 and '96 ones weren't so the only ones that complained were the hard-core republicans.

What you said about vote being rigged- very few things will get you thrown in jail if you have enough money. Bush's brother didn't personally rig the machines, he paid people that would take the fall if anyone ever found out.

btw why are you a republican? I support less spending, I would love to end welfare, and I'm somewhat republican in many other ways. What is it about you that makes you fanatically support Bush? Why must you continue to blindly follow the party?
    Obviously, it's untrue that the 2000 election was "rigged." The Democrats investigated thoroughly and found nothing. Gore tried to change the rules after an election only because he lost Florida. Where is the evidence (credible evidence) that the 2000 election was "rigged." Of course, if Bush "paid people" as you claim, it would have come out by now. Not much can be kept secret these days with the Internet and 24/7 cable news. While you're trying to figure that one out, read what really happened during the 2000 election in the attachment below.

Yes, I agree. I am a conservative Republican and think the Bush administration is spending way too much (see Matra, I don't blindly follow my party as you claim).
    And you, too, Bob. If I did "fanatically" support Bush (which I don't), I would not be typing the list below:
    My disagreements with Bush...
    - Not securing the border.
    - Spending too much.
    - Giving tax money to people who didn't pay it.
    - Not keeping the public updated about Iraq often enough.
    Attached Images Attached Images

In regard to elections, there's an old saying in Oz ..

Vote early and vote often

I can't remember the last time I was asked for ID when casting my vote

THe decision on what consituted hanging chad and whether they shodul or shodul not be counted was ridiculous and clearly the major issue from an international viewing of American democracy. Clearly there were voters who's vote was CLEAR but which were being discarded.

It's OK FLeet, I woudlnt' expect you to accept Republicans acting like Democrats. That's not permitted in yoru distorted bi-aprtisan world

and perhaps because there weren't the many issues raised in Florida present at the time ??? ( more than likely they were but the count didnt' get clsoe enough for anyone to inspect it too closely. Possibly US votes have been inaccurate for decades for the reasons above !!! )
    Wrong. Every vote which was cast properly was not only counted the first time, but in the one after another hand recounts. Where did you get the idea that legal votes were being discarded? Or are you talking about the overseas military votes which the Gore camp tried to discard?

Quote Originally Posted by nota
    In regard to elections, there's an old saying in Oz ..

Vote early and vote often

I can't remember the last time I was asked for ID when casting my vote
    That's another good point. To help prevent voter fraud, I think IDs should be checked at every election when a person votes.

That's another good point. To help prevent voter fraud, I think IDs should be checked at every election when a person votes.
    You'd think it would be a basic prerequisite eh?

I guess the reason why this all-too-obvious check isn't mandatory and election-rorting is allowed to continue is because politics is all about power, and those of self-import who covet it most want as few ethical impediments towards their achievement of power as possible

The supreme court put an end to the illegal hand recounts. It was illegal for several reasons... the Democrat-controlled Florida Supreme Court extending the certification for no legal reason. According to Florida law, hand recounts shall only be done for 3 reasons. 1) Obvious fraud; 2) Machine breakdown; 3) A natural disaster such as a hurricane.

7 of 9 Supreme Court justices (even ones that weren't friends of Bush's daddy) said they had a problem with the way the votes were being counted. They rightfully put a stop to the ridiculous way of hand counting the ballots (like holding them up to the light and trying to determine how a voter cast their vote).

The electoral college is not a half-hatched idea. The founding fathers knew exactly what they were doing. In the electoral college system, each state is assigned a specific number of votes that is proportional to its population so that each state's power if representative of its population.
    This way, the 4 or 5 most populous states don't decide the elections.
    blah blah blah.....whatever you say, there, bushy
    pondering things

Quote Originally Posted by targa
    blah blah blah.....whatever you say, there, bushy
    Lol. That's an interesting way to debate!
    Just ignore all the facts! Lol.

You should say, "whatever you say, there, bushy, even though you disagree with him on several issues."

Thread Information