Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fiat Abarth 1000 TC

Quote Originally Posted by jaromull
    Not at all. It was just the only one checkered Abarth I have found.
    OK, it would have been a hell of a find
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

New photos of mine from the only original Abarth 1000 TC I've seen racing at Portugal
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by McReis; 03-01-2006 at 04:41 AM.
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

Awesome! (Thanks for getting me out of trouble for starting ANOTHER "off topic" conversation ... I'm always doing that! )

600s look pretty awesome in Abarth spec. They fetch more in the UK because of their scarcity, but it always surprised me, as there aren't that many 500s around and everyone seems to think they are "cuter".

I actually originally wanted to buy a 600 (as a money-making exercise, mind you) over a 500 because you get more for them here as long as you can find a buyer.

G
    "Work is the curse of the drinking classes."
    Oscar Wilde

Classic Motoring Blog -
    http://classicmotoring.blogspot.com/

I have always wanted to know what a true Abarth looks like, and now I know, thanks guys!!!!!!!!! It's a hella nutty looking car, and I am loving it already!!!

so sick

Quote Originally Posted by honda360
    so sick
    Welcome to UCP. If you carefully read most of the forum threads, you may notice that your first post does not stand out as particularly meaningful.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Forza_Autodelta:

The grey Abarth is a genuine Abarth 1000TC. This car also still has the original engine, a specially casted AH-block of 982cc. Most Abarth TC's both genuine and replica now use a A112 Abarth engine of 982cc of 1049cc.

I am not sure if the red one is a genuine Abarth. The wheels are Cromodora's and not used by Abarth originally. Not that this proves the car to be genuine or not; a lot of people use these wheels for historic races etc. because they are cheaper and easier to find than the original Campagolo's. The other detaisl seem OK. the car has suicide doors, so pre-1965. the oil cooler is also the pre-1965 type. The headlights are also of the pre-1965 type.

regards,
    Alex

@ Jaromull

Great pictures! Johann Abt was a factory Abarth driver. He also drove a 2000SP. Johann Abt is the father of Christian Abt and Hans-Joachim Abt, who are leading ABT-sportsline and who are running in the DTM. I believe Johann past away about two years ago.
    The car is a TCR (Radiale), the last and fastest incarnation of the Fiat 600. The car had about 115 Bhp.

Quote Originally Posted by jaromull
    I have found one shot of the original car with that checkerboard roof - Fiat Abarth 1000 Berlina, GP Brno 1970 No.2, Scuderia Mirabella, Faraoni + Alfredo.
    Another great picture. The color sceme this car uses dates the car as a 1966 or 1967 Abarth TC. In 1970 the "fat" frond and rear fenders were homologated and this car seems to have been upgraded to 1970 specs.

Alex

can't decide which radiator shroud I like best

Hey, it's nice to have found a forum where Abarths are discussed.

I can't decide if I like the early (with what I call "wings") or the late (3 box) TC shroud best. Here's a car with the early shroud painted body color.

Any opinions?

Jim

oops--wrong file

Here's the front quarter view.

Welcome Jim, nice to have you here. Nice pics too. I am not exactly aware of how you described the differences between early and late models, maybe some photographic support could help there.

Hi Jim,

Just like Henk I don't completely understand your question.
    Are you talking about the cooler at the front? If so. The old style with wings was used pre-1966. By the end of 1965/start 1966 the new cooler was homologated and that's the one that was used on the TC's from 1966 and the TCR. Wide rear arches were homologated in 1969/1970 and were also post-fitted on older TC's, like the car on one of the pictures in this thread.

Alex
    Last edited by Alex_Corse; 01-07-2007 at 07:54 AM.

sorry for the confusion

Sorry, I should have clarified. I usually think of the "shroud" as the fiberglass / plastic housing around the actual cooling hardware mounted on the fronts of the 850/1000 TC's.
    I guess I'm asking if anyone has given any thought to the appearance of the early vs the late shroud.
    It seems to me the earlier shroud is more either more delicate and stylish in positive terms or wimpy/flaky in negative terms. The later shroud is either more substantial and masculine/macho in positive terms or primitive, heavy-looking, and style-less in negative terms.

Or maybe I need to get a life. :-)

The photo I posted is interesting to me because the shroud is body color, whereas most I see are a contrasting color that brings more attention to them.

Is there a way to display threads on this site so you can see which have had new posts?

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Pantdino
    Sorry, I should have clarified. I usually think of the "shroud" as the fiberglass / plastic housing around the actual cooling hardware mounted on the fronts of the 850/1000 TC's.
    I guess I'm asking if anyone has given any thought to the appearance of the early vs the late shroud.
    It seems to me the earlier shroud is more either more delicate and stylish in positive terms or wimpy/flaky in negative terms. The later shroud is either more substantial and masculine/macho in positive terms or primitive, heavy-looking, and style-less in negative terms.

Or maybe I need to get a life. :-)

The photo I posted is interesting to me because the shroud is body color, whereas most I see are a contrasting color that brings more attention to them.

Is there a way to display threads on this site so you can see which have had new posts?

Jim
    Jim, you can subscribe to a thread to get email notification. If you edit your profile accordingly you will get an automatic warning that a new message has been posted in a thread where you also made a post.

Thread Information