Page 6 of 46 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your topspeed?

Quote Originally Posted by white devil
    MY couz wnats to buy one is it good

Yes that's a really pleasant car. I use it for my all day car. The accelerations are really good, the confort is like in a BMW 5 series. And the noise of the engine hummm a real delight. Porsche has made a really good job on the 996. I hope the 997 will not lost all these advantages.
    If your cousin has enough money, he must take the communication package. It's really fun. And tell him to buy a radar detector, cause you can't cruise at at the speed limit with a such car.
    Il me faut une caisse dans les 300 et le GPS

BMW Z3 1.9L (sold)
    Mercedes SLK 230 (sold)
    Jaguar XK8 (sold)
    Porsche 996 Carrera 4 (for sale)
    2004 Mini Cooper
    Mercedes 2005 SLK 55 AMG (ordered)

Quote Originally Posted by Swissbeatz
    Yes that's a really pleasant car. I use it for my all day car. The accelerations are really good, the confort is like in a BMW 5 series. And the noise of the engine hummm a real delight. Porsche has made a really good job on the 996. I hope the 997 will not lost all these advantages.
    If your cousin has enough money, he must take the communication package. It's really fun. And tell him to buy a radar detector, cause you can't cruise at at the speed limit with a such car.

hehehe

would you mind telling me if when you bought it it was a used one and how much was it

Quote Originally Posted by Swissbeatz
    And tell him to buy a radar detector, cause you can't cruise at at the speed limit with a such car.
    If you can afford a brand new 911, I suppose that a $600 Valentine One is merely pocket change

How fast??

140mph. Stupid electronic limiter. That's the car.
    150mph. Stupid air, getting in the way. That's the bike.
    2003 Cadillac CTS
    2000 Buell Lightning X1
    1990 Volvo 740 GLE Wag-on

Quote Originally Posted by NoOne
    I've heard claims as high as 300kph, but i think thats very optimistic, at 280 shown on the speedo is probably the max, i wonder about the accuracy of the speedo too, the suzuki huyabusa is supposed to have topped 320kph by radar .... now thats a ride !!!
    hayabusa goes 355 actually
    BAZOOKA EXHAUST

Quote Originally Posted by dupscadi
    150mph. Stupid air, getting in the way. That's the bike.
    Lay down on the tank, good for another 20mph easy.

Could get up to 150 on my unfaired, tricked bandit 600 aka "Bad-Boy".
    and couldn't keep up with mates Blackbird - a VERY under-rated bike, like the ZZr1100

BTW, average speed on a lap of the 37.75 mile Isle of Man circuit is 128mph by the late David Jefferies in a GSX-R 1000. Production 600 record is just short of 120mph. This is a ROAD circuit with real corners and bumps and kerbs.

To quote the race site ... Ride the course on your own bike, and then sit outside a pub and watch racers skimming stone walls, wheelying over blind crests and topping 190mph on public roads.

Magic, can't wait till June again, when I put 4 wheels away and live on 2

Turbo Busa

The top out of the box speed for the busa is 300 km. But it is not hard to get it going faster than that. They do make turbo systems for it. I have a vid of a 499 hp one. If you want it e-mail me at [email protected]
    2003 Cadillac CTS
    2000 Buell Lightning X1

The top out of the box speed for the busa is 300 km. But it is not hard to get it going faster than that. They do make turbo systems for it. I have a vid of a 499 hp one. If you want it e-mail me at [email protected]
    Seen it, thanks.

As an aside for us bike fans, I would recommend getting ANY of the Duke DVD's for any of the recent Isle of Man TT races. The on-bike and on-sidecar cameras are superb and scary. If you're interested ( and have the bandwidth ) I could maybe rip it and share.

Have you seen the full video of ghost rider? At the end of the film he wheelies down a hill going over 300km/h on a Turbo Gixxer He is completely and utterly insane!

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Nog
    Have you seen the full video of ghost rider? At the end of the film he wheelies down a hill going over 300km/h on a Turbo Gixxer He is completely and utterly insane!
    I've seen it. He is on the back wheel most of the time! My nuts aren't that big. Maybe it's my wallet? Whatever, there both small. lol.
    2003 Cadillac CTS
    2000 Buell Lightning X1

Jaguar

Wow, that's some pretty fast speeds clocked up here!

I've managed 180 mph (290 Kph) in an unrestricted pre release Jaguar XJR (with slight modifications), I wasn't driving and it was round the bowled track at the MIRA testing ground in the Midlands England.

but with myself behind the wheel I managed 145 mph (233 kph) in an Jaguar S-type R. which was axilerating!

But enough Flexing, speeding on public roads is wrong, and shouldn't be condoned

Quote Originally Posted by Scientist
    How fast have you actually driven (or been driven, if you don't have a driver's license or a car)?

My topspeed is 255 km/h in a Ferrari Testarossa, NOT driven by me, it was on a Italian cars track day.
    My topspeed with me behind the wheel is 205 km/h in my
    Peugeot 106 gti (that's the top speed of the car).

So, what's your's?
    MY TOP SPEED WAS IN MY STEROID VERSION OF A SE-R 160 MPH. I NEED MORE POWER

I hit a little over 100 in the Golf one night. My friend wanted to show me how fast his Civic Si was, so he took off down the highway at 125. I wasn't gonna go that fast.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

About 170 km/h, I guess. So far I've only taken it to 160 km/h.
    Would it be possible, to play forever?
    The conclusion reached was that a player is inevitably doomed to lose.

323 Km/h

Quote Originally Posted by HBoss
    About 170 km/h, I guess. So far I've only taken it to 160 km/h.
    Well I did 325 Kilomters per hour in my M5 when going home from Germany to Denmark and I even took pictures of it..!!! YYEESS

Thread Information