Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fiat Abarth 595/695

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    no the wrong picture with the car being described...
    I didn't notice the "1950 Abarth 204/205"...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Corse
    Argghhhh, that yellow 1972! I read it was sold for 30800 dollar! I hope the new owner is not related to you or me
    no, I was there strolling around and shot the car....it looked a bit out of place there,
    The auction catalogue is sparse with info on the car: "The 695 SS series prsented here has had extensive interior and exterior modifications. The contrasting yellow stitching on the black Zagato style seats creates a subtle but racy interior, while the two-stage exterior yellow paint guarantees that heads will turn to take a second look as this car travels down the road"

very informative
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Yes, not too informative.......
    It's a shame that someone paid more than three times the money that the car is actually worth. 10000 dollars is more than enough for a nice Fiat 500.

I believe the auction catalogue also states the car has a Solex carb? Well, even that doesn't seem correct. It looks like a normal Fiat 126 Weber IMB carb.

It's a shame that bad replica's are infiltrating in leading events more and more ..don't get me wrong. I haven't got anything against replica's, but they should be replica's and not look-a-likes-ish, nowhere close to the original.......and most of all, people should be honest and not pretending the car is a genuine Abarth.

Alex
    Last edited by Alex_Corse; 12-28-2006 at 08:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Corse
    Yes, not too informative.......
    It's a shame that someone paid more than three times the money that the car is actually worth. 10000 dollars is more than enough for a nice Fiat 500.

I believe the auction catalogue also states the car has a Solex carb? Well, even that doesn't seem correct. It looks like a normal Fiat 126 Weber IMB carb.

It's a shame that bad replica's are infiltrating in leading events more and more ..don't get me wrong. I haven't got anything against replica's, but they should be replica's and not look-a-likes-ish, nowhere close to the original.......and most of all, people should be honest and not pretending the car is a genuine Abarth.

Alex
    at the same auction RM had a 250GTO replica, a DBR1 REplica, and even a Mercedes 540 Spezial Roadster replica....they stop at nothing...

and indeed it has a single Solex carb, according to the catalogue.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

I used to deal with a guy named Al Cosentino when sourcing parts for my Fiat X 1/9. He was a crazy sumbich, but he loved his Abarths. He raced through the 60's in one of these little fleas, against Camaros and AMXs.

The guy sent me a 300-page catalog/repair manual/autobiography. I've never seen such a distracted, scattered writing style, but I wound up ordering what I'm told is a genuine Abarth exhaust system from the guy.
    I'm erudite ;-)

Hi Landquail,

Cosentino is well-known name in the Abarth world. He published some great books about Abarth and rumours say he still has a warehouse full of parts. I have never had contact with him, but the wildest stories go around. He was one of the guys that drove the 1000TC in the USA, which was a shock to the guys driving larger displacement cars. There are lots of stories of his car spending a lot of time being examined by the organization at race events. They were never able to find anything illegal in his car.

You don't happen to still have that catalog?

Alex

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    Fiat Abarth 595/695... The hottest version of the Fiat 500 came of course from the magic hands of Carlo Abarth, turning the diminutive car into a real bomb.
    Wow, you come across the strangest statements in these older threads... Not to quibble henk4, but I think some Steyr-Puch 650TR owners might get offended by the above description.

Quote Originally Posted by bruxell View Post
    Wow, you come across the strangest statements in these older threads... Not to quibble henk4, but I think some Steyr-Puch 650TR owners might get offended by the above description.
    I talked about the Fiat and not the Steyr Puch....which is a different vehicle, although outwardly similar...Steyrr Puch owners might take offense if their car would be called a Fiat 500 in general....

I talked about the Fiat and not the Steyr Puch....which is a different vehicle, although outwardly similar...Steyrr Puch owners might take offense if their car would be called a Fiat 500 in general....
    It's a different motor, but it's a Fiat shell and suspension. Only the drivetrain is different, and later cars use the same transmission, so it's only the motor. You might as well say that the 695 is a completely different car to the 500.

Quote Originally Posted by bruxell View Post
    It's a different motor, but it's a Fiat shell and suspension. Only the drivetrain is different, and later cars use the same transmission, so it's only the motor. You might as well say that the 695 is a completely different car to the 500.
    whenever I'll have good pictures of a Steyr Puch I will open a separate thread on the car. And if I will be in a good mood I will add that the hottest versions of that car could even outpace the sister cars prepared by Carlo Abarth.

whenever I'll have good pictures of a Steyr Puch I will open a separate thread on the car. And if I will be in a good mood I will add that the hottest versions of that car could even outpace the sister cars prepared by Carlo Abarth.
    Agreed...

I have a complete instrument cluster (dashboard) for one of these cars. Includes the Jaeger tachometer (rev counter), speedometer, and all the other instruments. All are in excellent conditon. email: vintageautomobilia(at)thegrid.net
    Peter
    Last edited by cmcpokey; 01-31-2009 at 05:16 PM.

Good morning to all. I'm a newbie here and I'm from Italy.
    I just want to inform you about my job. A.M.S.R. it is the acronym of Auto (cars), Moto (motorbikes), Storiche (historical), Rimini (my town) and we restore Cars & Motorbikes, especially old Fiat 500 and old Honda CB, CB-Four etc etc.....

We can also sell a Fiat 500 already restored or not, we have always in stock some Fiat 500, normally version "F" or "L". If somebody is interested, can email-me:
    [email protected]

Ciao.
    Federico (A.M.S.R.)

Thread Information