Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: *Project Pagani Zonda C12

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Scuderia
    Not IMO, and I believe that's the only 1/18 offering BBR has made so they aren't really a player in that scale.
    Go take a look at the BBR enzo 1:18. But i do have to agree that BBR isn't too competitive. Their 1:43 scale cars are overpriced(ebay, ferraristore, wahtever). Guess i'll go minichamps for 1:43 scale cars. soooooo much sympathy that AUTOart workers get paid less than the people working at the hotwheels factory down the street. Stupid Jimmy Yao. Minichamps dominates 1:43 scale cars. They have a couple of Ferraris, an MSC collection, F1 cars, almost everything.

BTW the only good hotwheels models I know of are some of their 1:64 cars(not $1 cars), a couple of 1:43 cars, their f1 cars and the 1:12 corvette. all reasoanbly priced.

I really want the MS F2004 Bahrain edition. Tell me if anyone can find one at a good price(usually $70)

Quote Originally Posted by carsnut
    BTW the only good hotwheels models I know of are some of their 1:64 cars(not $1 cars), a couple of 1:43 cars, their f1 cars and the 1:12 corvette. all reasoanbly priced.

I really want the MS F2004 Bahrain edition. Tell me if anyone can find one at a good price(usually $70)
    I have to praise Hot Wheels somewhat. I just bought their Mustang GT the otherday and did an overhaul of it. If you get over the lack of paint detail and materials, it's not bad. The parts are acurrate and the body is dead on.
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

Quote Originally Posted by Esperante
    I have to praise Hot Wheels somewhat. I just bought their Mustang GT the otherday and did an overhaul of it. If you get over the lack of paint detail and materials, it's not bad. The parts are acurrate and the body is dead on.
    Thats the mustang. The HW F430 just needs smaller rims(rims are too big, how do you remove them?) and a little more detail. That will do the trick. Any tips on removing the bodies from HW's 1:64 cars?

Thats the mustang. The HW F430 just needs smaller rims(rims are too big, how do you remove them?) and a little more detail. That will do the trick. Any tips on removing the bodies from HW's 1:64 cars?
    I had done that a while ago. See my thread....
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...ang+hot+wheels

You have to drill off the little sodered bits to get the car apart. From there it's the chassis, the body, the windscreen(and sometimes headlights, in the same piece) and the interior. Pretty straightforward. From there I just glue it all back together in the holes where the sodered pylons used to be, and then seal it up with some putty.

I think the wheels on the 1:18 Mustang are oversized too. I didn't bother taking them off because there's a simple locking mechanicsm (it's phallic, to give you an idea of its shape) that if you pulled it out, you'd leave the tip in.

I c. Aren't the pylons made of metal? Doesn't it wear down the drill bit? Oh well, I tried it and it didn't go right. I'll post a pic of the car and my drill bit.

Edit: is the carrera RS in the background the fujimi superior enthusiast kit?

Quote Originally Posted by Esperante
    Jadi released an awesome TVR Tuscan and Sagaris for under $30, too.
    Interestingly the Jadi Sagaris appears to be exactly the same as the Sagaris model offered by Revell, apart from the different colour.

I've got the Tuscan S model, it is quite good, but not great.

The shape and detailing is fairly accurate, just some of the quality is a bit poor; like the fact that the rear spoiler doesn't fit on to the boot properly.

For £20 though I suppose it is good enough.
    Thanks for all the fish

I c. Aren't the pylons made of metal? Doesn't it wear down the drill bit? Oh well, I tried it and it didn't go right. I'll post a pic of the car and my drill bit.

Edit: is the carrera RS in the background the fujimi superior enthusiast kit?
    It is. It's the Fujimi kit rebadged as Revell.

On the pylons-you don't have to take out the entire pylons, just the tips so that the chassis can slip off. They're usually fairly soft, so wear down of the drill isn't severe.

CoventrySucks-For the price, you have to admit that Jadi models are pretty good. Not AutoArt good, but still nice.

I know they are good for the price, but it is a bit dissapointing that considering the overall high quality of most of the model they couldn't have gone just that little bit further and finished the detailing off properly.
    Thanks for all the fish

Stripped off the very thick paint which revealed some nice detail but also some nasty mold lines and ill fitting parts. Had to file a lot of metal away at the leading edge of the door to get them flush with the fenders and lower body work. The body will requre a bit of putty to clean up the mold lines, then I will epoxy the doors and engine cover shut and begin work on the panel lines.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looking good.

(BTW this is mainly a post so i can subscribe to it )
    Just call me Tom

Please visit www.tomranson.com and make me feel loved.

how do you remove the paint. just scratch it off?
    THIS IS A SIGNATURE
    (UCP'S biggest Zonda fan)

Stand up next to a mountain, chop it down with the edge of my hand. Pick up all the peices make an island over there
    Jimi H...

Quote Originally Posted by Zondaboy1
    how do you remove the paint. just scratch it off?
    Since it's metal it's easy, you can use very harsh paint stripper on it without any damage. I buy spray on paint stripper that you can find in most hardware stores, Wal Mart etc. that removes the paint in about 15 minutes.

Spray-on Paint stripper, eh??

Dino, do you know any stores like wal mart etc... that sell flocking?

Spray-on Paint stripper, eh??

Dino, do you know any stores like wal mart etc... that sell flocking?
    Your best bet is either a Hobby Town or Hobby Lobby store.

Thread Information