Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Top 10 Worst Value Cars Ever

They forgot to mention alfa romeos

I want to know how this guy defined value.

The XJ220 doesn't belong in this list, value shouldn't ever be a factor in supercars, unless they are really bad, and I think the XJ220 lived up to the supercar name, huge power huge speed huge price. Supercars aren't sposed to be cheap and good value.

I love these sort of threads:

BMW X5
    Porsche Cayenne
    Mercedes M Class
    Hummer H1- H100
    Range Rover (Sport in particular)
    Lexus RX300
    Nissan Murano

and the list goes on and on...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Man, i would Love and R500 or/and an X-Power SV, i still have a poster of the MG on my wall!!!! I think its glorious.
    Just call me Tom

Please visit www.tomranson.com and make me feel loved.

Vector

Quote Originally Posted by Esperante
    It also shows that you don't know how to read/infer. The posted article is about cars that flopped in the markets.
    ok, then add the Edsel to the list, the VW Phatehon, Ford Freestar, Buick Raetta, Chrysler Airflow, Renault Avantime, and Isuzu VehiCROSS.
    I have found a new love in the form of a tristar.

Woohoo, thought that this is yet another thread by Prius.

Quote Originally Posted by Prius
    ok, then add the Edsel to the list, the VW Phatehon, Ford Freestar, Buick Raetta, Chrysler Airflow, Renault Avantime, and Isuzu VehiCROSS.
    Except NONE of those failed as poorly as the ones already mentioned. And the Airflow wasn't a failure. I thought I had explained the concept of cars in the 30's to you before. Reading your posts is like the digital equivelent of being castrated while bricks are smashed on one's head.
    Last edited by Esperante; 10-30-2005 at 09:32 AM.
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

the Edsel wasn't a giant flop?
    I have found a new love in the form of a tristar.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen
    The XJ220 doesn't belong in this list, value shouldn't ever be a factor in supercars, unless they are really bad, and I think the XJ220 lived up to the supercar name, huge power huge speed huge price. Supercars aren't sposed to be cheap and good value.
    The XJ220 didn't live up to anything. It started out as a V12 monster. It ended up a rebodied Metro 6R4 but with the engine sound of a van. And dont even mention turbo-lag

The people were paying £400k for a beautiful killer V12 Jaguar, not a sexy V6 Metro and real world acceleration results that you would compare to a family saloon, not a supercar. Top speed was good ... but not worth £400k alone.

Quote Originally Posted by :Exige:
    It ended up a rebodied Metro 6R4 .......... not a sexy V6 Metro and real world acceleration results that you would compare to a family saloon, not a supercar...
    That's a disappointing lot of half truth you have there. Just because it used a development of the V64V engine it doesn't make it a 'rebodied' 6R4, does it? I don't think they made them 4WD....? Or am I mistaken?

And as for 'sexy V6 Metro'...er, the 6R4 could hardly be described as a Metro for these purposes could it??

As for 'real world acceleration figures'...well surely we tend to compare 0-60s don't we? Under 4 seconds? That's a hell of a family saloon.

No, the XJ220 was not the car it could've been, there's no denying that, but that it wasn't is surely down to market forces. I believe the attempts to renage on contracts to buy quoting 'reduced specification' were just speculators realising the bottom had dropped out of that particular market.

The McLaren F1 was a whole new ball game, that's why everyone wanted to bail out!!

Quote Originally Posted by Prius
    the Edsel wasn't a giant flop?
    The Edsel certainly was a flop, but compare the scale of their unsucessfulness to the unsucessfulness of, say, an Isuzu Piazza.

You've earned demotion to 'ignore' once again.
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    I love these sort of threads:

BMW X5
    Porsche Cayenne
    Mercedes M Class
    Hummer H1- H100
    Range Rover (Sport in particular)
    Lexus RX300
    Nissan Murano

and the list goes on and on...
    All of those cars are a success, and the Range Rover Sport is great value, its cheaper than a proper Range Rover and you'd only see the difference in quality (well.... size) when they are parked next to each other. SUVs in general aren't bad value when the people buying them buy them because they want a big car.

OK people... there's a difference between a Flop and being Butt ugly. Look at all the retards that bought an Aztek. Further more GM continued to keep it in it's shitty line up.
    Before Posting Please Watch This Short Video... URL=http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Born in Europe. Do Not live in Europe anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by aNOBLEman
    That would make no sense because it still sells well. I see them all the time.
    I agree
    i'm gonna get a new car one day
    (hopefully a good one)

Thread Information