Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dandruff...Anybody have it?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    I have psoriasis on my scalp and that's what dermatologist has recommended.

What is psoriasis?

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    Quote Originally Posted by Egg Nog
    Stop using/leaving in your hair gel
    I never used any hair gel...........
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearCrap
    Crap dude, I need serious help, neither Head & Shoulder, Selsun, or Nizoral worked for me. A sh1tload of flakes comes out when I scratch my head like crazy, but it's usually not noticeable when I comb my hair with a little bit of water.
    Hmmm, try using head and shoulders everyday for like a week, you should realise the diffence soon.
    .................................................................................:¦Back Again¦:.................................................................................

Garner fructose works for me.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Periodic combing also works... gets the dead skin out more frequently as opposed to it just falling out on its own

I have kinda shaggy hair and don't use any gel in it. So thats not the problem. I have been using Garnier Fructise for awhile and it seems pretty good but doesn't get rid of the flakes.

I was reading that really greasy hair has the worse case of dandruff and my hair gets pretty greasy within hours after washing it. I was thinking of trying some of that new Vive for Men anti-dandruff shampoo. Has anybody tryed this yet? And will I have to continue using anti-dandruff shampoo or do I just use it for a certain period of time and go back to what I used to use?

use normal head and shoulders. i use it every day and ive never had dandruff.

Dandruff is just dry skin. It's not like it's some specific disease or something. It can be caused by other diseases, such as my psoriasis. But, regular old dandruff is just dry skin. Treat it as you would any other dry skin on your body.

For whoever asked, psoriasis is a skin disease where certain parts of your skin grow faster than others and breaks through to the outer layer leaving small (in my case, anyway - they can be huge) spots of red, scaly skin. It tends to happen more in places covered by hair. I'm lucky enough to have it hardly noticeable and I don't have any spots on my face or on other exposed parts of my body.

I use a tar shampoo every night, I also wash my hair every morning with a moisturizing shampoo and and then use a moisturizing conditioner that I let sit on there for 5 minutes. Once a week, I also soak my head in an oatmeal lotion and let it sit on there overnight.
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

sounds relaxing matt
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    Dandruff is just dry skin. It's not like it's some specific disease or something. It can be caused by other diseases, such as my psoriasis. But, regular old dandruff is just dry skin. Treat it as you would any other dry skin on your body.

For whoever asked, psoriasis is a skin disease where certain parts of your skin grow faster than others and breaks through to the outer layer leaving small (in my case, anyway - they can be huge) spots of red, scaly skin. It tends to happen more in places covered by hair. I'm lucky enough to have it hardly noticeable and I don't have any spots on my face or on other exposed parts of my body.

I use a tar shampoo every night, I also wash my hair every morning with a moisturizing shampoo and and then use a moisturizing conditioner that I let sit on there for 5 minutes. Once a week, I also soak my head in an oatmeal lotion and let it sit on there overnight.
    I'm not sure that I wanna go through that much trouble just to get rid of dandruff. I think I'll just stick with an anti-dandruff shampoo.

So today I went to the store and got my goodies. Picked up a bottle of 'Vive for Men 2-in-1 Anti-Dandruff Shampoo & Conditioner'. Should I start using this everyday until the dandruff goes away, then go back to my old shampoo I was using or how should I go about it? Oh yea, and I just used this product in the shower and unlike the other products, my hair actually smells pretty good. But still, my head still itches a little on the sides...

To get rid of Dandruff you just take a hot knife, scrape it down your scalp, wait for the bleeding to stop, and relax.

lol thats funny
    i have dandruff really bad but i dont do anything about it. should i? i shower everyday exept for saturday and use maine and tail (wtf?) shampoo. my hair kind of itches but when i'm taking a test like the sats or the psats i usally rest my head on my hand and that springs out alot of flakes.(eeeewww)
    THIS IS A SIGNATURE
    (UCP'S biggest Zonda fan)

Stand up next to a mountain, chop it down with the edge of my hand. Pick up all the peices make an island over there
    Jimi H...

Quote Originally Posted by Zondaboy1
    lol thats funny
    i have dandruff really bad but i dont do anything about it. should i? i shower everyday exept for saturday and use maine and tail (wtf?) shampoo. my hair kind of itches but when i'm taking a test like the sats or the psats i usally rest my head on my hand and that springs out alot of flakes.(eeeewww)
    Im just doing something about because my head itches like a motherf*cker and It sucks ass...

Go to the dermatologist

Thread Information