Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Renault To Revive Sporty Alpine

Renault To Revive Sporty Alpine

Tuesday 8th November
    RENAULT TO REVIVE SPORTY ALPINE

French carmaker plans new F1-inspired RWD coupé

Renault is to make more of its F1 technology link and revive the Alpine name. It will launch a new high-performance sports coupé within the next two years, according to a story in Autocar.

Front-engined with rear-wheel drive, it'll be the first Renault with this layout since the 1952 Frégate, and the first Alpine since 1995's A610 V6 Turbo.
    ( ED: BOOO, For Alpine it shoudl be rear )

The underpinnings come from Nissan, thanks to the technology transfer arrangement between the two companies.
    The report suggests that Renault is still considering whether to base the car on Nissan's 350Z or use a bigger chassis that's still under development. The crucial issue here is price: the smaller car would sell for around £25-30k, while larger one would go for around £40,000 -- where the air is thinner and the sales fewer.
    The aim is to fill a gap in Renault's portfolio. Since the demise of the Clio V6, the company has no overtly sporty model, and nothing on the road that demonstrates its F1 investment and expertise. Autocar also reports that Renault boss Carlos Ghosn is impressed by the way that the 350Z has turned Nissan's image around -- in part at least -- and aims to do the same.
    It makes sense for Renault to be able to point to a sporty car that includes some F1 technology, even if it's only a paddle shift gearbox. Let's hope Ghosn decides to go ahead with it. ( ed: and lets hope he moves the engine )
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

it better be as good looking as all those alpines from the past, or i will kick that boss his ass

they might want to consult Jean Redele how to make a proper one, not stuffed up with all sorts of unnecessities like route planners and cupholders
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

**** yeah bring it on !

Great news.

Can't wait.

Woohoo another French Nissan!
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

I'm looking forward to a real french sportscar. I hope the Fluence concept will be produced.

Quote Originally Posted by Pando
    Woohoo another French Nissan!
    Renault owns 51% of Nissan, not the reverse.
    Last edited by Piacki_117; 11-11-2005 at 08:51 AM.

Lets hope there isn't any F1 on it, like a flappy paddle gearbox.

ha!ha!! half breed French/jap car,im really looking forward to drive this car.
    Some Rulers Are Immortalized In Marble Others,
    In Carbon Fiber.{Hard Core Audi Fan}Ich Fahr Omnibus!
    """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

If it's a FR, wouldn't that just make it another car made off the Z and G35 chassis? A reskinned 'Z'? Atleast, per Matra stick the Nissan motor in the back so it's not an Alpine in name only.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

If they design it with Alpine focus and intent then it will wipe the floor.

The "last" one, the A610, outhandled the best Porsche of the day
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Meh. I'm not getting my hopes up. But if anyone can pull something like this off, its probably Renault. And now thanks to Nissan they have reliability in the mix aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Spastik_Roach
    Meh. I'm not getting my hopes up. But if anyone can pull something like this off, its probably Renault. And now thanks to Nissan they have reliability in the mix aswell.
    Interesting viewpoint.
    Ghosn is widely reported as having taken RENAULT reliability and customer focus to sort out Nissan's problems

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Interesting viewpoint.
    Ghosn is widely reported as having taken RENAULT reliability and customer focus to sort out Nissan's problems
    I hope the Laguna reliability (keyless doors anybody?) will not be part of any Alpine
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Interesting viewpoint.
    Well I meant compared to the Alpine Era.

Thread Information