Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Renault To Revive Sporty Alpine

It certainly should be at least mid mounted. Given that the Clio V6 is dead, they could have had something along those lines for it. Hmmm, a Clio V6 with the 3.5 in the back...

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Both seem to be selligng well according to the first half financials posted at renault.com

Renault's sales seem to be holding well in most markets and market share is mainly unchanged.

Without the alliance there woudl be issues for both manufacturers for sure.
    But I dont' think it's as simple as one "sell" mopre than the other.
    perhaps , but I don't think they'll be able to hold it on a long period , they're trying to sell cars in markets which aren't theirs , as the Clio , which is bigger and bigger , if they keep this eyar , customers might change (is it understandable )

How are sales of the Modus and Twingo in France ?

There are LOTS of Modus around now and it was always a shame they never built a RHD Twingo. Quite a few of people imported LHD Twingos

I think the Clio is following the market as all the small cars get biggger - eg VW, Citroen, Peugeot. All there "small" models are getting larger.

Also corporate strategy is important and it is possible that Renualt will be happy providing the mechanicals for the production line in UK building the Nissan Micra
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Also corporate strategy is important and it is possible that Renualt will be happy providing the mechanicals for the production line in UK building the Nissan Micra
    why not...but here we don't see lots of Nissans...but strangly new Renaults sounds popular , I find them ugly...

Quote Originally Posted by forza_autodelta
    why not...but here we don't see lots of Nissans...but strangly new Renaults sounds popular , I find them ugly...
    Renault has always been popular. They've always been one of the top selling manufacturers in France. The Laguna was number 1, the Scénic was number one, the Clio was the best selling car in it's category in Europe, the Espace the number one people carrier (and most stolen car in France) etc..

You don't see to many Nissans around because Nissan has a relatively bad image in Europe. But they're doing better now. They should bring the big Nissans (like the Fuga) and Infiniti to Europe though.

And Renault doesn't survive because of Nissan, it's probably the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda
    You don't see to many Nissans around because Nissan has a relatively bad image in Europe. But they're doing better now. They should bring the big Nissans (like the Fuga) and Infiniti to Europe though.

And Renault doesn't survive because of Nissan, it's probably the other way around.
    sure , apart the Micra and the X-trail for big families , we don't really have a look to the Nissans .About Renault , actually , they sell some new Clios and an enormous quantity of Scenics , 'cause the Espace is too big and the Clio(althought it took some centimetres more)still too little for families who have two chidren.

Apparently the Modus is not selling as well as expected and apart from the 10year old Twingo, there is nothing below the Clio (Citroen has the C3,C2 and now C1 and so has Peugeot)
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    (Citroen has the C3,C2 and now C1 and so has Peugeot)
    do you think there's a future for the 107 and the 1007?the style is difficult , just seen two 107 until right now

Quote Originally Posted by forza_autodelta
    do you think there's a future for the 107 and the 1007?the style is difficult , just seen two 107 until right now
    ...but no C1 and no Aygo, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Piacki_117
    ...but no C1 and no Aygo, right?
    right , not at all

The Main reason that the Renault/Nissan Merger works well is because of a corporate attitude that both companies are equal. Hence they can share with no shame.

This should be good, But it won't sell as well as it's Nissan counterpart.

It'd have to have a major point of difference, also. Adding some lovely Renault Styling or an Alpine badge will not do.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Here's my plug for my design of this car. I'm very fond of it, myself.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

Quote Originally Posted by Esperante
    Here's my plug for my design of this car. I'm very fond of it, myself.
    nice caar, you drew it yourself??
    Last edited by Egg Nog; 11-22-2005 at 12:30 AM.

you've just recreated the TVR pretty drawing guy

Quote Originally Posted by ZeTurbo
    Im afraid you dont understand what is going on here.

Rnault is not reviving Alpine. Renault is using the respectable image alpine left behind to show case some of theyr F1 technology. Like GM did with the new Charger (only them it was worse, at least renault will make the new alpines decent cars unlike GM did with the charger).

I hate to see this happen.
    GM doesn't make the Charger. That's DaimlerChrysler. GM makes the GTO, which is actually a Holden.

Thread Information