Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: need help with music

need help with music

Ok I just bought this Kings of Leon CD, and i cant get it on to itunes because they dont want people to steal it, so it only plays from windows media player. I'm really mad right now, because these guys are retarded. The funny thing is, if i HAD stolen it, it would work fine, but since i bought it, it doesnt. Anyway, I'm sure there are programs that'll break the copy protect and rip it either to .mp3 or .m4a (ipod won't play windows) so could someone send me one or something?

Guest Guest
    where did you buy it from? if you bought it and downloaded it legally, then chances are it came in secure .wma format, it is impossible to put it on an iPod like this, the only way (i can think of) is to re-record it, this isnt as quality reducing as you think, for example, you could have a wire come out of the out and into the in, then use a decent (ie not the one built into Windows) audio recorder, there is probably a sound recorder that can record what is currently happening, but i havent looked or found it.

If you were using music downloaded from the iTunes music store you could use JHym to remove the protection in a matter of seconds

You could probably use WMP to rip it onto your HD, then convert to I-tunes.

bought it at a bookstore, its the legal cd in protected wma. I thought there were programs that could convert this to other format easily? No?

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    You could probably use WMP to rip it onto your HD, then convert to I-tunes.
    Its on HD in wma, copy protected, so i cant convert it. first thing i tried. if i burned the wmas to a cd (as audio), then ripped that, would that work?

Go into windows media player, select rip music, insert the cd and rip the tracks to your 'my music' folder. Then open them with i-tunes to convert into the correct format in order to transfer them onto your ipod. This stuff I do all the time.

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob
    bought it at a bookstore, its the legal cd in protected wma. I thought there were programs that could convert this to other format easily? No?
    yes, but they (for copyright resons) will not touch protected wma

Quote Originally Posted by Bob
    Its on HD in wma, copy protected, so i cant convert it. first thing i tried. if i burned the wmas to a cd (as audio), then ripped that, would that work?
    no, it would still have the drm on it

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik
    Go into windows media player, select rip music, insert the cd and rip the tracks to your 'my music' folder. Then open them with i-tunes to convert into the correct format in order to transfer them onto your ipod. This stuff I do all the time.
    Not with a cd with DRM on it (they are very rare)

Jakg is right. Any attempt to rip it (with itunes or wmp) or play it with anything other than wmp makes it skip like crazy, and if you copy the pre made mp3s from the disc, they're copy protected. The music industry sucks, I hate them.

Finally got it. Burned it as an audio cd from the wmas, audio has no copy protect on it unless the whole cd is protected, so then I could rip it from that cd to itunes as an m4a. Pain in the ass.

If it's a Sony CD, the new antipiracy technology might be to blame. And there is more to it than just not being able to rip it.

http://www.newsfactor.com/news/Sony-...d=011000CQOZKG
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

^^^damn, you beat me to it^^^
    2011 Honda Civic Si

ATHEIST and damn proud of it.

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    Ever think of using other programs to rip the CD in mp3 form?
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Yes it is the sony thing. To nuclearcrap- yes, but that makes the mp3 skip constantly, if you try to rip it with anything besides wmp then it will skip constantly. Once its ripped with wmp though, you are allowed to burn 3 copies of those wma files, and by burning them as audio onto a new disc without the copy protect, you can then re-rip them with whatever you want. Sony is retarded. I could easily now distibute this on limewire, so their stupid program has done nothing but open a security hole on my machine. Where do I get the patch to fix it?

Burn the CD through Windows Media Player and then import the songs on the burnt CD onto iTunes. Works like a charm.
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

^^Thats what I did. Post 9. But now theres a security hole in the machine because sony installed software so that I couldn't do that.

Thread Information