Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fiat Abarth 850 Coupe Allemano "Scorpione"

Abarth 850 Allemano

Quote Originally Posted by ehgioes View Post
    I had a 1967. One of the most fun cars I ever owned.
    Ed
    Sorry no pictures. There was an Abarth importer in Evanston Il in the 60's.
    Zagato double bubbles were fairly common, probably 20 to 30 in the area.
    The importer campaigned a 1000 TC. I bought the Allemano used for $5000.
    I had my choice of it or a Porsche RSK for the same price. I never saw another
    850 Allemano. Ed

The Allemano was most often seen in the US as the open car. Classified as H Production by SCCA it competed with Sprites, other small bore Abarth (Zagato coupes, etc), etc. The sedans (850TC etc) were in a different category all together.

The Abarth 850 engine wasn't related to the later Fiat 850 engine but was, as was the 1000, a hot rodded 600D. they even rotated in a different direction as I recall a result of transaxle placement.

Quote Originally Posted by mac townsend View Post
    The Abarth 850 engine wasn't related to the later Fiat 850 engine but was, as was the 1000, a hot rodded 600D. they even rotated in a different direction as I recall a result of transaxle placement.
    True.
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

Hello, new around here. I know this thread is somewhat old, but it's one of the few things I've found with some info on the Fiat Abarth 850 Coupe Allemano "Scorpione".

I'm in the process of purchasing one and know very little about these cars, so if you could help me out I'd greatly appreciate it

Thanks

Henry

Quote Originally Posted by tanger911 View Post
    Hello, new around here. I know this thread is somewhat old, but it's one of the few things I've found with some info on the Fiat Abarth 850 Coupe Allemano "Scorpione".

I'm in the process of purchasing one and know very little about these cars, so if you could help me out I'd greatly appreciate it

Thanks

Henry
    Welcome to UCP, what sort of further info are you looking for?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

I own one of the last Allemano Coupes made, a 1962 850S model. Any info I can help you with, just ask
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hello

It has been quite a while since I visited the forum unfortunatly but I was googling on "Fiat Allemano" and stumbled upon this thread
    I am also looking for more details on ths car as I stumbled on oen a couple of years ago and am still doubting if I should buy it
    It was the car of Ed Swart of later Fiat Abarth fame\
    Unfortunatly it is in very poor condition , missing engine and al details, so basicly a shell
    Normally I wouldn't consider it but because of its racing pedigree , modest as it may be ,it is still on my mind....

www.classicpassion.nl

Quote Originally Posted by Sei cilindri View Post
    Hello

It has been quite a while since I visited the forum unfortunatly but I was googling on "Fiat Allemano" and stumbled upon this thread
    I am also looking for more details on ths car as I stumbled on oen a couple of years ago and am still doubting if I should buy it
    It was the car of Ed Swart of later Fiat Abarth fame\
    Unfortunatly it is in very poor condition , missing engine and al details, so basicly a shell
    Normally I wouldn't consider it but because of its racing pedigree , modest as it may be ,it is still on my mind....

there is a certain cardealer in the "westland" area, that seems to have two of them, at least that was the case when we visited him a couple of years ago.
    And good to see you back here
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Hi,

ii recently purchased a 1970 abarth scorpione 1300 from warwick, ny. His member number was 006 for the abarth registry.

I can provide the following information:

Tipo #: 104 n

telaio #: 1341743 181

motore #: 0655852 204

can anyone provide me with production #'s, survivor data for cars known to exist, a user manual or service manual, the number of cars in the usa, etc........? I could also use some assistance as to valuation forr insurance purposes.

Sincerely,

jon eriksson

new hampshire

Thread Information