Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's your dram of choice?

Oh, I fully intend to. I've been to Edradour and Glenfiddich, but I'll be coming back to Scotland until I've visited them all, or at least, many many more.
    UCP.com Team Rado

T.dot owns you.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelman
    Ok Gents, let's talk about our favourite alcohol. What do you guys like to drink?
    "Aggravation" - introduced to me by colleague in his bar in Atlanta.....
    Tall glass, filled with ice (cubes)
    One shot of whisky ( doesn't need to be expensive stuff
    One shot of kahlua
    Fill the glass with milk ( not full-skimmed ! )
    By the third one, your legs have a life of their own
    Best of all - - next morning ..... no hangover, no upset stomachs, no memory

I'm not gonna lie to you, that sounds absolutely horrid. But that's just me, I can't really drink mixed drinks. Too sweet. I'd just as soon forego the milk and Kaluha, and have the whiskey with a little ice if it's Canadian, or neat if it's Scottish.
    Last edited by Wheelman; 02-20-2004 at 05:46 PM.
    UCP.com Team Rado

T.dot owns you.

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    One shot of kahlua
    that sounds damn delicious.

usually i dont sully myself w/ mixed drinks, but they can be fun and delicious, and when im not focusing on intaking alcohol but just trying to drink socially, mixed drinks are often a desireable route to go (if im not in the mood for a beer, which ill say right now im not very picky about)

Pernod and Redbull awsome stuff
    Live Fast....

One shot of kahlua
    That almost sounds like the White Russian The Dude drinks in 'The Big Lebowski'.

my faveorite drink would have to be Black Douglas Scotch its a good compramise between other such top drops like Johnnie walker and Chivas Reagal (i love my scotch and gos down great with lemoade) other then that i drink Beer if its a heavy its either a Tooheys New or Victoria Bitter and if i really must buy light beer (heaven forbid) its Cascade premium.
    Last party i went to i was drinking the walking Johnnie and lemonade and when my drink got half full a mate tipped some of his tooheys new in there and another mate tipped some of her vodka cruiser lime flavor in it i rember the first thing i said after the taste "ahhh jesus that tastes like shit"...like an ass i skulled because my mates told me too

Quote Originally Posted by Comunista
    that sounds damn delicious.
    It's worth a try.
    As a malt drinker, it's approaching sacriligious, but with the extortionate prices charged in hotels and bars in the US for run-of-the-mill whisky it keeps my expenses tab down
    Gerry and I had a quest to teach the Aggravation across America.
    So we have one in every hotel and bar we are ever in and teach the bartender how to make it. The biggest problem in US bars is finding the milk !
    I've had one guy go down to the 7-11 so he could try it

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon500
    my faveorite drink would have to be Black Douglas Scotch
    Not one I've heard - may be an export-only malt or blend.
    Can you tell me which boittler and distilliery it's from ?
    Is it maybe Black Bottle - which is a nice blend from the numerous Islay distilliries - the home of some of the best malts
    its a good compramise between other such top drops like Johnnie walker and Chivas Reagal
    Man, I've just gone through a box of tissues.
    I'm sobbing at the thought that the best of the whiskies you can get are JW and CR - they're marketing is great and whisky mediocre REMEMBER, there is NO such thing as a BAD whisky
    (i love my scotch and gos down great with lemoade)
    LEMONADE ! LEMONADE !! och man I need to go get another box of tissues. The tears are fair running doon ma cheeks.
    Water, man, water, dinnae be pitting ither rrrubbish intae guid whisky !!

Anyway funning aside, whatever you want to mix is fine.
    My Dad used to take Irn Bru ( a uniquely Scottish childrens fizzzy beverage mainly made of sugar and CO2 and coloured bright orange - "made in Scotland from girders" )
    He didn't get any of my good whiskies for that

I feel terrible for you and feel the need to educate you with some really fine whisky.......
    What do you prefer, a bite, or smooth, peaty or clear, smoky or mellow ?

Get your box of tissues ready Black Douglas is even cheaper then johnnie walker red label ($25 a bottle and is a hell of alot harsher too)
    Ill go down the bottle the lid is black with the label on it.
    The label has THE BLACK DOUGLAS delux 100% scotch whiskey aged and blended in scotland on the side it has the story of it which gos the black douglas is a tribute to the ledgendery Sir James Souglas Scotlands mightyest warior, and invicable sourge of northan england. He died in a fierce battle against Spanish forces, swinging his claymore and clutching a silver casket containing the heart of Robert the Bruce, King of scotland and finses how im celebrating by pissing up on this rather cheap beverage (well the last ones are my words)
    As fior distilery its late at night and the black and gold writing is quite hard to see but the only thing i can muster from it is it sure as hellis imported.
    Also rember I am but a poor parts room boy and i dont mix my CR at $50 a bottle its a damn waste to drink it anything but straight and some people make do without going into debt to drink 40 year old scotch as well
    At the pub i have scotch and water, water is free and a single scotch is worth about 2 beers!
    I personally like a smoother drink thats why i drink scotch rather then rum like most of my mates so what would you suggest at an affordable price yet is a very good mix? also note i dont mind anything just give us a list and ill try them all providing it is still affordable.

REMEMBER, there is NO such thing as a BAD whisky
    Oh really? I dare you to try Canadian Club Classic 12 year. It's a blended rye. Personally, that stuff makes me all but retch at the taste. Give it a shot before you say there's no bad whiskey.
    UCP.com Team Rado

T.dot owns you.

Tequila - no lime, no salt - although served best as a body shot ... cute "shooter girl" carries test tubes of Tequila around, lick the salt off her neck pull the TT from her cleavage with your teeth and snag the lime from her mouth. Needless to say my fav drink in my pre-marital days.

Vodka - (Absolut, Polar Ice, Silent Sam) Ice cold, straight up.

Johnny Walker Black label for Whiskey, Crown Royal for Rye (Canadian Whiskey)

Jagermeister - Ice cold, straight or mixed ... possibly the best drink ever ... save for the next day hangovers.

I'm not much for beer, but Canadian beer has to be the best compromise between the heavy Euro "brews" and that stuff Americans call beer.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelman
    Oh really? I dare you to try Canadian Club Classic 12. It's a blended rye. Personally, that stuff makes me all but retch at the taste. Give it a shot before you say there's no bad whiskey.
    Couldn't agree more, ranks up there with Screech

Quote Originally Posted by NoOne
    Tequila - no lime, no salt
    Damn right! That's the way tequilla is meant to be drunk. If you need the salt and lime, then you don't actually like the taste of tequilla, and hence you probably shouldn't be drinking it. That's what I always say.

Not that I'd turn down a body shot off a shooter girls neck...

Vodka - (Absolut, Polar Ice, Silent Sam) Ice cold, straight up.
    One of my favourites. -15 C is the perfect temperature for vodka, if you can get it that cold. But those bottles you listed are kinda pootz. I find them to have a kind of Isopropyl flavour to them, and they're pretty harsh. If you want my advice, next time you're at the L, look for a bottle of vodka called Stolichnaya. It's probably the best vodka I've ever tasted. Or, if you've got some extra cash, go for a bottle of Grey Goose vodka. I promise, try either of those and you'll scoff at Absolut and the like.

Johnny Walker Black label for Whiskey
    Harsh! Do you really drink that? I'm with Matra on this one; Johnny Walker is a cause for tears. If that's really what you like, then all power to you. I find that most people drink Johnny Walker until they get the chance to actually try a good scotch. The prices of the good single malts can be intimidating, but try a bottle of Glenfiddich 12, or Glenlivet 12, if you haven't already. It's a good place to start with scotch whisky.

Crown Royal for Rye (Canadian Whiskey)
    Aha! There you go! I don't care what anyone says, Crown Royal is just about the best blended rye whiskey you can buy. My friend and I can go all night on a 750ml bottle of Crown. Its smooth, flat taste can't be beat by any other Canadian rye. For those of you across the pond, Crown Royal bears a striking resemblance to Jameson's Irish whisky.
    UCP.com Team Rado

T.dot owns you.

It's worth a try.
    As a malt drinker, it's approaching sacriligious, but with the extortionate prices charged in hotels and bars in the US for run-of-the-mill whisky it keeps my expenses tab down
    Gerry and I had a quest to teach the Aggravation across America.
    So we have one in every hotel and bar we are ever in and teach the bartender how to make it. The biggest problem in US bars is finding the milk !
    I've had one guy go down to the 7-11 so he could try it
    Well, if a man who enjoys 40 year old scotch says it's worth a try, who am I to turn up my nose a such a drink? I'll have to give it a shot some time.
    UCP.com Team Rado

T.dot owns you.

Thread Information