Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HSV favourite lives on

HSV favourite lives on

When it was launched to an eagerly expectant market at the end of 2001 the original HSV Coupé was hailed as a world-class two door, high performance V8 sports model. The accolades proved entirely appropriate as buyers quickly established it as an enduring favourite of the HSV range and it has recently underscored its world-class credentials by also becoming a major hit on the UK market.

Keen to secure the future of this landmark model, HSV is now delighted to announce that, with the support of Holden, production of the GTO Coupé is set to continue in a limited fashion into 2006. This is possible because the HSV Coupe shares certain powertrain components with the export Pontiac GTO for the US Market.

To celebrate this news HSV has taken the opportunity to develop a special limited edition model, the ‘LE’ GTO Coupé. Only 100 will be built and they will mark the start of the 2006 production schedule.

A prerequisite for any HSV limited edition model is a distinctive standout appearance, and here the ‘LE’ GTO Coupé doesn’t disappoint. There are three exterior colours and matching interior trim sets available, each combined with striking bonnet and boot lid paint accents.

Fifty will be built in the most conservative combination of ‘Phantom Black’ with ‘Light Gold’ accents and ‘Ochre’ interior trim, 25 will come in the popular ‘Devil Yellow’ colour with ‘Black’ accents and ‘Devil Yellow’ interior trim, while the remaining 25 will be available in HSV’s classic ‘Sting Red’ paintwork with White accents and Indiana (Red) interior trim.

Further enhancements to the car’s bold street presence can be found in special badges and black brake callipers, the limited edition HSV build number painted on the boot lid in the same colour, as well as HSV 10-spoke 19-inch alloy wheels (Light Gold on Black cars and Chrome Shadow with the other combinations). There is also an individual rear profile for LE with the deletion of the usual GTO rear spoiler, and the addition of a roof spoiler.

Interior Enhancements will also include Premium dashboard highlights and Bluetooth. Braking is upgraded to an AP Racing 4 Piston Premium System.

Naturally, the limited edition LE GTO Coupé shares the remainder of its awesome specification with the regular Coupe GTO model, including the exclusive to HSV, 6.0 litre LS2 V8 which produces an extraordinary 297kW @ 6000rpm and 530Nm @ 4400rpm and will accelerate to 100kmh in just over 5 seconds.

At an estimated RRP of $83,990 RRP (plus ORC) the LE GTO Coupé delivers knockout styling, an outstanding level of driver enjoyment as well as impressive luxury appointments, at a price that makes it as formidable in terms of value for money as it is on the road. Like its predecessors, it’s sure to become an instant favourite.

"Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

very nice...they gonna need more than 100
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

OMG how much do these cost ???? they look awesome !!!! Someone better import 1000's to the netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie
    OMG how much do these cost ???? they look awesome !!!! Someone better import 1000's to the netherlands
    $84,000 AUD

Its a thing of beauty but I could do without the paintouts. I have already seen a few of the CV8-Z which I think is particularly perfect also.

I love this feature.
    Performance Exhaust - $ 1397.00*

This race track inspired performance exhaust is based on Pontiac GTO exhaust system and is specifically designed to work with VZ Monaro engine configuration. It offers unmistakable and distinctive V8 engine sound, with all the character you'd like from Holden Monaro - it is sure to put a smile on the face of every petrol head.

Please note that VZ Monaro Performance Exhaust does not comply with ADR requirements (due to excessive noise), and is permitted for race track use only.

Kudos to Holden for that.

"A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Quote Originally Posted by crisis
    Its a thing of beauty but I could do without the paintouts. I have already seen a few of the CV8-Z which I think is particularly perfect also.

I love this feature.
    Performance Exhaust - $ 1397.00*

This race track inspired performance exhaust is based on Pontiac GTO exhaust system and is specifically designed to work with VZ Monaro engine configuration. It offers unmistakable and distinctive V8 engine sound, with all the character you'd like from Holden Monaro - it is sure to put a smile on the face of every petrol head.

Please note that VZ Monaro Performance Exhaust does not comply with ADR requirements (due to excessive noise), and is permitted for race track use only.

Kudos to Holden for that.

Half the exhausts out there don't comply lol
    One of the local exhaust dealers around here will do me a sports exhaust with single muffler none at the rear but it's illegal he said. Tell that to the 2 in 5 sports exhaust systems out there on the VN's +.
    Please note that VZ Monaro Performance Exhaust does not comply with ADR requirements (due to excessive noise), and is permitted for race track use only
    Go very slow past the cops

just put it in 6th when you go past then go back to 2nd once you're clear, though then again, you could probably hear it a mile away

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden
    Half the exhausts out there don't comply lol
    One of the local exhaust dealers around here will do me a sports exhaust with single muffler none at the rear but it's illegal he said. Tell that to the 2 in 5 sports exhaust systems out there on the VN's +.

Go very slow past the cops
    I know. I dropped the resontor off the back of my late SV8. But Holden will bang on an illegal one at the factory!

I know. I dropped the resontor off the back of my late SV8. But Holden will bang on an illegal one at the factory!
    Thats what is amazing holden is doing illegal things
    Couldn't be any louder then some of these Rice Biscuits out there could it?

I'm thinking of getting rid of my Cat soon it's vibrating stinks and lets out this crap through the exhaust.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden
    I'm thinking of getting rid of my Cat soon it's vibrating stinks and lets out this crap through the exhaust.
    I think the word is replacing.

I think the word is replacing.
    Only good thing a cat is for is dim sims
    But there not cheap thats why i hate it.

can you afford a 10k on the spot fine Slick? thats how much it is here if you're caught without a cat convertor on your exhaust...

theyll sell pretty damn quick ill bet.
    The Datto will rage again...

$10 grand? **** ME!!! That's massive!!

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Supra
    can you afford a 10k on the spot fine Slick? thats how much it is here if you're caught without a cat convertor on your exhaust...

theyll sell pretty damn quick ill bet.
    Can i use a real cat

I think they do more damage then good i think half the crap in it is comming out the exhuast now spraying all over the place.
    But to save $10,000 i'll buy a new one instead of having it replaced with pipe.
    Anyone got any prices on Cats??

They do a fair bit the cat converters, but they cant stop everything toxic in the exhaust. If you want that, give someone a nudge in the ribs to get development of an internal combustion hydrogen engine at 100%
    I am the Stig

Thread Information