Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cars with good aerodynamics?

have one word for you

HUMMER!
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by woodstock827
    aerodynamics?
    Prius, Insight..

I was gonna say Enzo, but just realized that it has to create so much downforce so it prob has higher drag... anyone knows?

0.25 or less is a pretty good figure.
    Thanks for all the fish

supercars not including the Ferrari Enzo like the lotus europa s and here is wut ucp says about the Lotus Europa:

The new Lotus Europa S, a Grand Tourer (GT) inspired two-seater will provide Lotus customers with a spectacular sportscar with significantly enhanced levels of touring and cruising capability. It will provide drivers with higher levels of practicality and refinement to complement the simplicity of the Lotus Elise and Exige models.

The Lotus Europa S follows the core Lotus philosophy of performance through light weight enabling this refined and very high performing GT car to weigh just 995 kg. This low weight has been obtained through the clever use of advanced and high tech materials including an extruded and bonded aluminium chassis, composite body panels and a very advanced composite energy absorbing front crash structure.

When compared to the award winning Lotus Elise, the Europa S has a larger boot / luggage compartment and easier cabin access, resulting from lower chassis sides and a higher roof line. Coupled with luxuries such as full leather interior, driver and passenger airbags and carpets all as standard, Lotus has created a ''Business Class'' driving experience.

However, the Europa S is not a derivative of the Elise or the Exige and has been allocated a separate Lotus type number of Type 121 - the Elise and Exige are both Type 111. The new mid-engined coupe will deliver high levels of performance from a high torque (263 Nm or 194 lbft at 4200 rpm) 2.0-litre turbo engine producing 149 kW (200 hp or 203 PS) at 5400rpm.

The Lotus Europa S achieves around 90% of its maximum torque at only 2000 rpm to give ''supercar'' levels of acceleration from low engine speeds, propelling the car from 0 –96 km/h (60 mph) in around 5.5 seconds, and 160 km/h (100 mph) in around 14 seconds. Maximum speed is approximately 225 km/h (140 mph). Being a Lotus, the Europa S has a phenomenal power to weight ratio of 201 hp / tonne (204 PS / tonne or 6.68 kg / kW).
    [FLASH] WHAT YOU THINK, YOU SEEN, YOU NEVER SAW HAVE NICE DAY [FLASH] MIB AND MIB2 ROCKS SORRY I HAVE TO NERLIZE YOU AGAIN [FASH]

The lowest you will likely see is about Cd 0.25 - a few production cars have got there, notably the 2001+ Lexus LS430, however this is a rather large heavy car and though it's shape is very slippery, the frontal area will be quite high compared with something, say the size of a lotus elise (which has a much worse drag factor because of it's layout - about Cd 0.29). The interesting bit is CdA, and because the elise has a much smaller hole to punch in the air, it's drag will be lower due to the smaller frontal area (even though the shape is not so slippery).

Craigy

why don't you try this craigy:

the wings of the superbird's or the daytona's wing where better suitted or how ever you spill it the tall wings of the superbird and daytona where made with the cars, not made then put on them.
    [FLASH] WHAT YOU THINK, YOU SEEN, YOU NEVER SAW HAVE NICE DAY [FLASH] MIB AND MIB2 ROCKS SORRY I HAVE TO NERLIZE YOU AGAIN [FASH]

Hows about this. At my school, we have a miniature wind tunnel. I made a little foanm model of a car. AND IT GOT 0.71! HUZZAH!
    The ability for outward expression is dependent on substance...

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    SLR McLaren, Carrera GT, Lotus Elise, Lamborghini Countach, Tommykaira ZZII, Honda NSX-R, Bugatti Veyron, ahhh I'm tired of listing, figure it out....
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearCrap
    SLR McLaren, Carrera GT, Lotus Elise, Lamborghini Countach, Tommykaira ZZII, Honda NSX-R, Bugatti Veyron, ahhh I'm tired of listing, figure it out....
    If you read the question you wouldn't have "gotten tired of listing"...
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

Quote Originally Posted by MOPAR KICKS ASS
    why don't you try this craigy:

the wings of the superbird's or the daytona's wing where better suitted or how ever you spill it the tall wings of the superbird and daytona where made with the cars, not made then put on them.
    I am sorry but I don't understand what you're saying. Can you re-write your comment in plainer English?

C

Quote Originally Posted by Craigy
    The lowest you will likely see is about Cd 0.25 - a few production cars have got there, notably the 2001+ Lexus LS430, however this is a rather large heavy car and though it's shape is very slippery, the frontal area will be quite high compared with something, say the size of a lotus elise (which has a much worse drag factor because of it's layout - about Cd 0.29). The interesting bit is CdA, and because the elise has a much smaller hole to punch in the air, it's drag will be lower due to the smaller frontal area (even though the shape is not so slippery).

Craigy
    Of course, it is much easier to obtain a lower Cd with a large 3 box saloon, because of their length.
    Thanks for all the fish

Thread Information