Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Carrera GT drifting on mountain road.

Must be awesome to climb on those moutains and suddenly hear that V10 sound from the road down under
    I think Koenigsegg is Swedish for: "Oh no, my head's just exploded!"

Jeremy Clarkson

Germany -> West Germany -> NRW -> Düsseldorf
    Sadly you can't hear much of the engine when you are inside the car and the roof is on it... Hope I can hear it when we drive it next summer to a little photo shoot (and when you are asking which car I'm talking about look at my avatar or search the Carrera GT thread in the hide-out )
    WRC - That's motorsport!

"If you can see the tree you are about to hit, it is called 'understeering'. If you can only hear and feel it, it was 'oversteering'."
    Walter Röhrl

Great Video.
    Love the sound of that engine.
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

The guy isn't that much of a driver, he has no flow... maybe one of his drifts was spot on. Not that I could do them better...

I agree with M&A in that driving at the limit and drifting are totally different things, but, at least JC does it fluently. This guy's driving looks twitchy to say the least.

Now, the sound made the download worth it. Heavenly.
    Zag when they Zig

Quote Originally Posted by magracer
    The guy isn't that much of a driver, he has no flow...
    God help you for having the guts of saying such a thing! How much guys do you know that could ever feel confident and brave enough to trash a car like that between walls and cliffs? On what do you base your judgements? Are you a professional driver? Do you usually drive RWD cars with more than, say, 250bhp?

Enjoy the silence!
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

The guy isn't that much of a driver, he has no flow... maybe one of his drifts was spot on. Not that I could do them better...

I agree with M&A in that driving at the limit and drifting are totally different things, but, at least JC does it fluently. This guy's driving looks twitchy to say the least.

Now, the sound made the download worth it. Heavenly.
    The driver is showing how controllable the CGT is, by producing different angles of slip. This is so the car can be pointed in the correct direction. It does look like he's overdoing the drifting but it is a demo of the car so maybe that's what a lot of people would want to see. Instead of a Porsche INC. video with the car cruising effortlessly.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Great video! It's really distracting to listen to the driver talk in German though. It's easy to ignore what JC says because I can understand that most of it is rubbish. Listening to that CGT driver makes me want to learn German.

Quote Originally Posted by McReis
    God help you for having the guts of saying such a thing! How much guys do you know that could ever feel confident and brave enough to trash a car like that between walls and cliffs? On what do you base your judgements? Are you a professional driver? Do you usually drive RWD cars with more than, say, 250bhp?

Enjoy the silence!
    If you had read two sentences later, I said "Not that I could do them better...". Furthermore, every one is entitled to their opinion and I'm guessing that includes me.. does it? If you think the guy drives like god and should be beating Alonso in F1, Loeb in WRC AND Rossi in MotoGP, good for you!

Watch the Elise at Bathurst video (in this sub-forum), that's driving!!! The guy in the CGT is drifting (not even, "power oversteering") and I rate that lower. Again, MY OPINION.

Finally, about being confident and brave enough, consider this guy doesn´t own the car, nor is he paying for damage if he inflicts some... hell, I could be confident and brave enough any day of the week if I was in his place!

Now I'll sit in the corner and enjoy the silence!

Edit: To see more real driving Google this video: 2005_gemenos_castellana.wmv
    Last edited by magracer; 11-29-2005 at 07:43 PM.
    Zag when they Zig

a few points with the video:

he said top speed is 220, its 205...
    what did he say about small children near the end?

other than that it was a pretty good video, although him trying to drift around every damn corner got old
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Now I'll sit in the corner and enjoy the silence!

Good, because your arguments are a complete nonsense. But we don't need to keep this up. We'll agree in something else one of this days.

You can always tell someone who hasn't had much experience with driving powerful cars. And I am certainly not talking about that video.

Having said that, he is driving like a bit of a hooligan - listen to the tires. It should be a smooth, consistent squeal - on most of his entries he's a bit 'all over the shop' and he hasn't got enough angle for it to be really classed as 'drifting', he just sliding the car about.

Having said that, this is probably the first time he's driven that car so fair play and some of the slides are very, very sweet.

Also, all that crap about Journos not having to care about the car they're in is bollocks. Or crap. There's only one person who can really do what he likes and that's Jeremy Clarkson. I've tested quite a few cars (see avitar) and believe me, I don't sleep the night before if it's a particularly tough car.

He's going very slowly too.

His hairpin lines are appalling too

I agree with most of your words. Please avoid making 3 posts in a row. If you want to ad something to what you just said, edit the previous post. Thanks!

MrK, he is almost certainly a VERY capable driver.
    Otherwise you'd not control a CGT like that.
    He is putting on a SHOW for the cameras.
    Judging him based on that is like judging Tiff Needell based on him chucking cars around. You do that for show not for go
    "first time driven" ?? YOU SERIOUS ????
    ah well it brought a smile to my day
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Thread Information