Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GT Legends

GT Legends

To not go off topic any further in the Magny Cours thread, here is a new thread discussing this marvelous game. For those of you still in the unkwown check this out: http://www.gt-legends.com/

Warning 1: It's highly addictive.
    Note 2: It's very advanced so a pretty good system is required.
    Note 3: To get good lap times a wheel and pedals also required, but it greatly increases the fun!

A demo with two tracks, and three cars is available here:
    http://www.gt-legends.com/demo_en.php

If there is sufficient interest we could start our own league and race each other online.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

land of the Desert Extreme Challenge Rally
    Quote Originally Posted by The Man
    If there is sufficient interest we could start our own league and race each other online.
    *searches for old iceTech wheel and pedals*

Its on my Christmas list.

Been playing the demo with the keyboard, and it seems much easier to do than GTR.

I spend a silly ammount of time moving across the country so I don't have space to pack a wheel, which is a bit of a pain sometimes.
    Thanks for all the fish

Some screenshots of the first two laps of my most recent race. I'm in the white/yellow/green Lotus starting from pole. The powerful Corvette rumbled past me in the first few meters so I had to go chase him.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

The screenshots look awesome, anybody upto reviewing the game? Realistic handling? Selection of cars? etc.

I would have tried the demo when I got home from college but 1.My girlfriend's coming round and 2. It'd mean leaving my room and going downstairs to use the Windows comp (shock, horror)!!! lol
    "This is hardcore." - Evo's John Barker on the TVR Tuscan S

screw it, im getting an 18% bonus from work, might aswell spend it wisely

current best at the GP track in the lotus:

i wanna be the first one under 1.33.000
    Driver for Ultimatecarpage.competition
    Team Manager of Ultimatecarpage.competition

NGT Champion ZAC2 League
    Team Champion ZAC2 League
    NGT Champion ZAC3 League
    Team Champion ZAC3 League

Quote Originally Posted by Clivey
    The screenshots look awesome, anybody upto reviewing the game? Realistic handling? Selection of cars? etc.
    Right now I have only played the demo, but the full game is ordered. The only car I sampled is the Lotus Elan, for sentimental reasons, and the only track is the Dijon GP track. We all remember the legendary Arnoux / Villeneuve battle and I have now found out that the track contributed to that as well. The elevation changes and not straightforward corners allow for a number of lines. Having never driven a Lotus Elan, I can't tell much about realism, but the fun factor is very high. It's not as high strung as GTR or GP Legends, but instead offers some margin for error -> powerslides etc. The full game will have over 90 cars available ranging from Minis and Cortinas to CSLs and GT40s. I can't wait to get it!

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by PoRsChEnUt
    current best at the GP track in the lotus:

i wanna be the first one under 1.33.000
    It's definitely possible, but today I did not get any faster than 1:33.022. Although a lap later I already got 0.2 faster first sector.

(Ted Joans)

A little review after my first impressions:
    for people who dont want to spend hours and hours to be able to controll a car in a game (like GTR and GPL), this game offers alot of fun. You can be reasonably fast if you are a mediocre driver, and because of this, overtaking and racing becomes more fun (outbraking in GTR is very hard due to the realism of the brakes and track grip)

so for anybody who wants to see how fast he is compared to the No1 Driver of the UCP racing team, give it a go
    Driver for Ultimatecarpage.competition
    Team Manager of Ultimatecarpage.competition

NGT Champion ZAC2 League
    Team Champion ZAC2 League
    NGT Champion ZAC3 League
    Team Champion ZAC3 League

1:32.456

(Ted Joans)

i might as well re-install the demo again no money to get the full version though

By the time the likes of the Pantera, Healey and GT40 are in your hands the brkaing becomes a little more "serious". THe 906 really needs a clutch to get the downchange right
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Roy just went out and bought it.

(Ted Joans)

great. ( 'cept how he'll embarrass me in classics as well as modern )
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    great. ( 'cept how he'll embarrass me in classics as well as modern )

Do you think you can set up a server to host this ?

(Ted Joans)

Thread Information