Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: GT Legends

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    I'm on an old MS FF wheel I fell in love with YEARS ago, nice pedals, nice feel. So much so that when XP support for gameport was dubious I picked ANOTHER one up - this time USB - on eBay for $40 so I've plenty of spare parts just in case too
    I used to have one, it was good, but the rubber on the wheel didn't have much grip and the cable coming out the back of the wheel broke, and as its captive cable its permanent, much more a fan of the Logitech Momo Racing ive got now

Quote Originally Posted by Jakg
    I used to have one, it was good, but the rubber on the wheel didn't have much grip and the cable coming out the back of the wheel broke, and as its captive cable its permanent, much more a fan of the Logitech Momo Racing ive got now

Did you try the game?
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

hmm, I guess I'll dl this after I got home.....looks like fun though...

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen
    Did you try the game?
    yes, wasn't overly keen, you'll probably prove me wrong, but still, i found that while GTR was hard (ie i couldn't find the limit until i was over it) LFS was realistic(ish) and hard, but had normal cars which would oversteer before flying off the track (letting me find the limit) but yet still fun, but GT Legends seemed easy(ish) and i just didn't enjoy it that much, i must say that if i was given the full copy of the games with all the cars/tracks i might feel differently

PS Why has nobody made a very realistic racing game with normal, un-modified low-value cars (eg Peugeot 206 or Ford Mondeo)?

Quote Originally Posted by Jakg
    PS Why has nobody made a very realistic racing game with normal, un-modified low-value cars (eg Peugeot 206 or Ford Mondeo)?

yeah i'd love that game aswell
    Driver for Ultimatecarpage.competition
    Team Manager of Ultimatecarpage.competition

NGT Champion ZAC2 League
    Team Champion ZAC2 League
    NGT Champion ZAC3 League
    Team Champion ZAC3 League

5 minutes to lap Monza and no brakes after the fourth corner ? no thanks
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen
    System Requirements
    Crap, looks like I have to update my ram to play. This is why I don't like cpu games..
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

Quote Originally Posted by Pando
    Crap, looks like I have to update my ram to play. This is why I don't like cpu games..
    "cpu games" ? You mean PC rather than console ??
    Since when did Halo run on a PS2 ? Or Gran Turismo 3 on a PSOne ??
    $20 will double your ram
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Pando
    DITTO...just need to update RAM. And if it is just $20, memory is getting dirt cheap!!

EDIT: How do I determine what type of memory I need? When I opened the box, all four mem slots were taken up. So, I'm guessing there's currently four sticks of 64 MB.
    Last edited by PerfAdv; 11-29-2005 at 03:53 PM.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

bummer With 4 slots and it only having 64Mb in each then there's a chance youve' got some old RAM. That makes id'ing it more difficult. Is teh PC a mainstream make or can you ID the motherboard from the BIOS startup message ? That's the best way to check the memory type without having to resort to stripping it and taking one out !!
    You'll be as well throwing those away and buying one decent sized one. For about $40 you can pick up 512Mb PC133 new off eBay -- http://cgi.ebay.com/Micron-512MB-PC1...QQcmdZViewItem
    NOTE: This may NOT be compatible with yours, you need to find out which of all the options yours is, slot type, bus speed, ECC, buffering etc.

I can't recall now but what is that 'command' or windows which shows all the system info. Maybe mem type is there as well. Oh, I have XP

It's a DELL and I don't want to reboot just now but next time I will make note of BIOS!

dxdiag and msinfo, BUT these don't tell you memory slot type, but might give enough pointer to know. As it's a DELL, it's REAL easy, look on the back there is a DELL model number. You can look it up on teh Dell supprot site.

I might get it after I get a faster computer, FIA GTR and the Proximus Spa 24h FIA GTR exspansion

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    dxdiag and msinfo, BUT these don't tell you memory slot type, but might give enough pointer to know. As it's a DELL, it's REAL easy, look on the back there is a DELL model number. You can look it up on teh Dell supprot site.
    msinfo32 on the XP but you're right it doesn't show type. The Dell site has the memory but its $349 for 512 MB. Sillyness, they sell barebones system for less.

This is what I need. There are 400 MHz and 500 MHz FSB variations. I think I'll need to get back to Dell with a serial tag #
    DELL - 512 MB Module for a Dell Dimension 8200 Series (400 MHz FSB) System
    512 MB RDRAM, PC800, ECC, Unbuffered
    Dell Part #: A0276519, Manufacturer Part #: D1T483
    Usually Ships: Within 24 Hours
    Condition: New $349.99

DELL - 512 MB Module for a Dell Dimension 8200 Series (533 MHz FSB) System
    512 MB RDRAM, PC800, ECC, Unbuffered
    Dell Part #: A0285710, Manufacturer Part #: D1T483
    Usually Ships: Within 24 Hours
    Condition: New $349.99

huh ? You should check that, 64Mb of PC800 is very VERY unusual.

You can get 512Mb PC800 for $150-$180. still alot though

Thread Information