Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Lotus Exige (Series 2) 2004-2011

400 bhp and Elise/Exige are oxymorons to me.

Lotus Exige Espionage

Lotus Exige Espionage

The Lotus Exige is based purely around phenomenal performance and handling, With the advanced 1.8 litre VVTL-i engine producing a maximum power output of 192PS (189hp, 141kw) and 181 Nm (133 lb.ft, 18.5 kgm) of torque, the Exige sprints to 160 km/h (100 mph) in 13.2 seconds before reaching a top speed of 237 km/h.
    Key to this phenomenal performance and handling is the total aerodynamic package (which gives 41.2 kg of downforce at 160 km/h - 19.3 kg: front and 21.9 kg: rear) and light weight, the latter made possible through innovative engineering and clever design.
    Uniquely tailored features of the Lotus Exige “Espionage”:
    • · Bespoke navy paint with strategically placed pin stripes to match the fabric used on the Gieves spy suit
    • · Pin stripe flashes on the side and underneath the scoop
    • · V-section on the alloy wheels shaved back to silver
    • · The seat inserts are tailored from the Gieves classic navy blue pin stripe along with matching dashboard and black leather door inserts
    • · In keeping with the lining of the suit the rear of the seats are lined with silk
    • · In keeping with the classic brogue shoes fitting of an English secret agent, bespoke black leather floor mats have been developed with brogue detailing and screwed in to the floor panel with silver studs
    • · All air-vents also have a silver surround
    About Gieves & Hawkes:
    All over the world, Savile Row stands for the very best in men's tailoring and so it is fitting that Gieves & Hawkes should be 'No 1 Savile Row': a remarkable address.
    The company was formed from two famous businesses: Gieves, founded in 1785 and Hawkes, founded in 1771. Since then, the company have welcomed a passing parade of famous customers whose names would fill a book. The magnificent full dress occasions of British State Ceremonial have been embellished and enriched by their craftsmen's skills, and overseas monarchs and leaders have looked upon them to meet their own exacting requirements. Today Gieves & Hawkes, as the purveyor of
    quintessential English style, dress individuals who are interested in the rules and references of tradition but who desire to present these in a visually exciting and contemporary way: in their own way. Confident in what they wear, they appreciate luxury and are most interested, ultimately, in style. They have a sense of occasion and dress accordingly. Gieves & Hawkes present these men
    with modern classics - simultaneously modern and classic - across their wardrobe, from formal evening wear to suiting and through to casual wear.
    In addition to the flagship store on Savile Row, there are a further thirteen stores and concessions in the United Kingdom. Gieves & Hawkes also have numerous fine stores and concessions in China, Hong Kong, Taiwan and from September 2005, Japan.
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

A website that I forgot said that this is Bond's next car
    ALFA ROMEO-Poetry In Motion

Seen the wing mirrors? Looks like,

"Not Saville Row London".

Quote Originally Posted by denisvn93
    A website that I forgot said that this is Bond's next car
    itd be nice, but not gonna happen considering two astons have come out since the last movie and Lotus doesnt have the money to put that car in the movie.

I think more people know the bond aston than his Esprit.

Exige Espionage #2
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Web Publisher:
    1. ExoticCarSite.com
    2. Bugatti-Veyron-16-4.com

If We Have The Courage To Pursue Our Dreams, And Transform Our Vision Into Reality, We Invite Magic Into Our Lives - Race Resort Ascari

The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing - Edmund Burke

There Are No Speed Limits On The Road To Excellence - David W Johnston

If Good Men Do Nothing, Then That Is Evil Enough

I'm allready in love with the car. Beautiful piece of machinary if you ask me. There is something about all of the new Lotus cars thats awesome.
    Ucp's #1 Toyota Supra fanatic......still.

2006 Scion tC..
    Forced Induction - Props to Dezod Motorsports & PTuning

I doubt that even the James Bond franchise would stoop so low as to make the fool drive about in a pin-striped Exige with his tailor's address on the wingmirrors.
    Thanks for all the fish

Lotus Exige S

The Fastest Accelerating Lotus Ever to Come Off the Production Line

The Lotus Exige S is the latest addition to the Exige range and is a real sportscar that redefines the term “Extreme Performance”. With 121.4 bhp per liter it is one of most powerful production cars in the world for its engine size but most importantly it has full type approval for all the markets in which it will be sold. The Lotus Exige S is not a limited edition, nor is it an aftermarket special – it is manufactured from start to finish in the world leading and award winning Lotus Manufacturing facility at Hethel, Norfolk.

Because the basic car is so immensely strong but lightweight 2057 lbs, giving a power to weight ratio of 233.2 bhp/tonne, performance is phenomenal, with 60 mph being reached from a standing start in 4.1 seconds and 100 mph being reached in 9.98 seconds (estimate) before topping out at 148 mph. Lotus believes that there is no car on sale anywhere in the world that has such good performance combined with such good fuel economy.

Being a Lotus, straight-line performance is not the most important factor, but every day driving on normal roads, or around a circuit is. There are very few cars on sale today that can match the speed, agility and safety of the Lotus Exige S in both day to day and track or circuit driving. However the Exige S is not just a track day warrior. It is a sportscar that would be at home on the back roads, freeways and autobahns, as well as on city streets. With an extremely "torquey" engine and the classic Lotus suspension set-up of soft compliant springs and firm controllable dampers, the driving experience is an uncanny combination of telepathic-like handling with a taught and comfortable ride. There is really no car that handles quite like a Lotus.

Clive Dopson, Managing Director of Lotus Cars says, “The Exige S represents the ultimate “extreme” production Lotus, with performance that trumps other supercars costing twice or even three times as much. That it does so with the fuel economy of a family hatchback, stands as a testament to the Lotus concept of performance through light weight. Its an unbeatable package and an unbeatable drive.”

The Engine

The heart of the Lotus Exige S is a Roots-type supercharger and air to air intercooler attached to the tried and tested 4-cylinder, 1.8 liter 2ZZ-GE VVTL-i engine. Using a development of the supercharger and intercooler package developed first for the already legendary Lotus Sport Exige 240R, the Exige S has peak power of 218 bhp at 7,800 rpm, 158.6 lb-ft of torque at 5,500 rpm (but 80% is produced at just over 2000 rpm). Maximum engine speed is 8,000 rpm (8,500 rpm transient for up to 2 seconds). 218 bhp is the figure that has been achieved by Lotus Engineers whilst retaining full vehicle type approval for the markets in which it is sold.

A slightly redesigned air intake and roof scoop has been added to the Exige S to ensure that the air to air intercooler works as efficiently and effectively as possible in all climates and environments.

A single oval exhaust exits from the centre of the undertray.

The Legendary Chassis and Body

The Lotus Exige S is built around the revolutionary and award winning extruded and bonded aluminum tub, with a light weight steel rear subframe, as used in the Exige. The chassis tub itself weighs just 150 lbs and has a stiffness of 10,500 Nm per degree.

The body of the Lotus Exige S remains unchanged from the Exige, as it is already a winning formula that is both effective and stunning to look at. However, the key body components of the rear wing, front splitter and side air intakes are body colour coded to differentiate it from its naturally aspirated cousin.

There are currently no plans to launch the Lotus Exige S in the US market.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

Nice car,

BUT I WANT A NEW GT1 NOW!!!
    I think Koenigsegg is Swedish for: "Oh no, my head's just exploded!"

Jeremy Clarkson

As much as I'm sure it's an amazing car and a wonderful thing to drive, I still don't like this weight issue that appears to be getting worse. I make that to be around 933kg, which is too heavy for an Elise/Exige if you ask me.

Still lighter than some of the competition, doubt, bit I'd just prefer to see them putting more effort into making the thing lighter and faster, not HEAVIER and faster.

so whats this? the 6th? Exige model based off the S2 in special limited edition trim.......

Its getting annoying.....
    Web Publisher:
    1. ExoticCarSite.com
    2. Bugatti-Veyron-16-4.com

If We Have The Courage To Pursue Our Dreams, And Transform Our Vision Into Reality, We Invite Magic Into Our Lives - Race Resort Ascari

The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing - Edmund Burke

There Are No Speed Limits On The Road To Excellence - David W Johnston

If Good Men Do Nothing, Then That Is Evil Enough

Love it... But it's Exige based special car number (dont even botter to mention it)
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

I love the exige its more sportier than the elise
    ________
    BUY E CIGS
    Last edited by hec16; 08-20-2011 at 08:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VtecMini
    As much as I'm sure it's an amazing car and a wonderful thing to drive, I still don't like this weight issue that appears to be getting worse. I make that to be around 933kg, which is too heavy for an Elise/Exige if you ask me.

Still lighter than some of the competition, doubt, bit I'd just prefer to see them putting more effort into making the thing lighter and faster, not HEAVIER and faster.
    Couldn't agree more!!!

However, gaining performance from making the Elise lighter is much more expensive than slotting a supercharger.

I know that this doesn't affiliate with the Lotus core brand values, but this strategy actually makes the company more profitable.

It's a question of priorities I guess....
    Either you choose the no compromise approach or adapt to the environment.

Personally I would prefer a 500 kg - 190 hp Elise, but the cost of the thing would just make it a sales failure.

Thread Information