Thread: The Bricklin SV-1

The Bricklin SV-1

hey does any one else own a bricklin? If so have you got any ideas on how to convert the doors form hydraulic to the air pump system? This one is open to anyone else who wants to talk about the bricklin in general....its a pretty cool car.

Good luck finding another Bricklin owner, you're the first one I've ever spoken too. I've only ever seen one Bricklin in my life, and that was probably 15 years ago. Cool car, how many times a day do you hear, "What the hell is that?"

I like the Bricklins they are great looking cars...id like toown one unfornutaly we didnt get any i know of here.

Are you saying that there arent any for sale around where you live? Thats how it was for me, here in Minnesota there are only 3 registered bricklins....one of them is mine. The way I found mine was but looking on ebay and collector car trader online. Its a great way to find any type of car you may be looking for, bricklin or otherwise. I will never again buy a Minnesota car....you cant fight rust no matter what you do, believe me i have tried. I like southern cars...no rust...nice and clean....thats the way to go.

If your still wondering about the air door conversion let me know, I own two SV1's and both have been converted to air systems. I was shocked to hear that yours still has the hydraulic doors; it’s pretty rare to find one that hasn't been converted yet. Although it is original I still suggest you switch to air! The hydraulics can and will crack your door skins. What’s you Vin #? Mine are #’s 201, and 2406

bricklins are cool. I have only seen one before tho. I like deloreans better though...
    My Photography: flickr.com/photos/a-m-photo/
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it."

Yeah bricklin are cool cars but like everyone else has said, ive only seen one. And you are the first person i have ever talked to that has one. But i can't help you on the conversion.
    Ucp's #1 Toyota Supra fanatic......still.

2006 Scion tC..
    Forced Induction - Props to Dezod Motorsports & PTuning

My uncle (the car collector) owned one in the 80's, and on a trip to Chicago the hydraulics in the doors failed to operate so he had to get out through the trunk. He's needed several engine part replacements and it was in the shop regularly, and since the company's Canadian and small, parts were ultra-expensive. The fibreglass paint also chipped away easily and the front bumper faded.
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

Thread Information