• CarreraGTS

24 51.06%
  • pergarec

23 48.94%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: General Photography competition #27

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearCrap
    That shot's amazing!! Nice job!!
    it is not. the light on the top distracts. there are too many bad reflections and the grey wall on the left also distracts and is ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie
    it is not. the light on the top distracts. there are too many bad reflections and the grey wall on the left also distracts and is ugly.
    The sky is a tad overexposed... I would have used a polarizer to cut down on the reflection but I don't think the DX6340 takes one.
    Forza Ferrari

--The thread stopper--

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie
    It's time that you shut up with your remarks(and not just with this paticular photo), it's his opinion of the photo. If you want to comment about the picture, do so in a nicer manner, there is NO need to put someone down for a picture they took, and you seem to do that quite often.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

Quote Originally Posted by PininfarinaPIMP
    Well smartass, seeing that i took that pic before i came onto this post it wouldnt be copying. Second, Pergarecs with is dull, im not saying the particular one ive posted is awe inspiring but it outdoes his. And before anyone starts bitching about what i know and shit, i have a degree in photography...
    i dont care if you have a degree or not your still one of the cockiest most irrelevant mother ****ers ive ever met

either way i, and i think most other people would thing, pergarecs is better
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Guys, these pictures are absolutely amazing. Seriously.

I dont know if this has been said before, but any chance we could get hi-res shots of these to use as backgrounds, theyre just too good to miss out on!!!
    Porsche!

Well why dont you start a thread to vote on whos is better. Most of the time the photos that win comps are shit, they are bland, lack feeling, or are unoriginal...

Well why dont you start a thread to vote on whos is better. Most of the time the photos that win comps are shit, they are bland, lack feeling, or are unoriginal...
    there i agree with you the results are usually the invers of what i would have chosen

anyway back to the competition
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Lots of hostility here over simple photography, it's pretty ridiculous if you ask me. And yes, my pic's not the greatest (the overexposure is an issue) but I'm fairly limited with that camera in terms of settings (ie polarizer) so I just try to do the best I can with what I have; thanks for your comment nuclearcrap. And not to cause problems, but I do feel that pergarec's is the better of the ice pictures.
    i was waiting on a moment, but the moment never came. all the billion other moments, were just slipping all away. i must have been tripping, we're just slipping all away. just ego tripping.

Well your opinion is shit. im using a camera those doesnt even BEGIN to compare with yalls and im still getting good pics. Whats funny is that i can ask a shitload of people if my pic is good and theyll say yes and ill post it here and get beaten by a picture of a soda can, or that same ****ing corkscrew at Mazda Raceway....

Well your opinion is shit. im using a camera those doesnt even BEGIN to compare with yalls and im still getting good pics. Whats funny is that i can ask a shitload of people if my pic is good and theyll say yes and ill post it here and get beaten by a picture of a soda can, or that same ****ing corkscrew at Mazda Raceway....
    "Good" doesn't mean "Best"... I think people honestly just choose whichever photo they think looks the best. I mean, what other explanation is there? Some kind of crazy photographic conspiracy?

Actually sometimes i wonder if people vote based on friendships. Ive seen some really bad or unoriginal pics win comps AND runoffs...

I think you're getting a little too worked up over this; for one I didn't even say your picture was bad. Infact I don't think anyone has actually said it's bad, just that they in their OPINION (key word here) think pergarec's is better. It's no conspiracy, just which is preferred by the majority. Get over yourself.
    i was waiting on a moment, but the moment never came. all the billion other moments, were just slipping all away. i must have been tripping, we're just slipping all away. just ego tripping.

I try to not even look at names when I view the pics. However, sometimes it seems the same people get the votes. There's an easy explanation: 1) They are voting for friends or 2) they like the way a certain person shoots.

In the 'ICE' pictures, I prefer the branch with bits of ice and the setting sun in the background. The other picturing the twig in the grip of ice is less subtle and doesn't have as nice a backdrop.

In my opinion anyone is capable of taking good pics, some just do it more often. Peace, it's just an amature review not some careerist slamming your hard work.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Quote Originally Posted by RazaBlade

I dont know if this has been said before, but any chance we could get hi-res shots of these to use as backgrounds, theyre just too good to miss out on!!!

Here: http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...7&postcount=30.

Quote Originally Posted by RazaBlade

Most of the good pictures I've taken (and likely the ones I will submit here in the future) are posted on the Yahoo Photos page that I have listed in my profile. If you would like a high-res image of any of them, just let me know.
    Forza Ferrari

--The thread stopper--

Thread Information