Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 10 reasons to buy Revolution over 360........

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck
    Lol i just read this thread over and its funny how people get worked up about consoles Bottom line is people buying XBOX 360
    A) have an XBOX. *check*
    B) Like Halo and Forza. or *check*
    C) got sucked in by the ad campaign.

People getting PS3:
    A) have PS2 *check*
    B)Like Socom, the GT series, Etc.. *check*
    C) Like the "specs"

People getting Nintendo:
    A) Are hard core Nintendoers (lol) *check*
    B) like mario, zelda etc.. *check*
    C) like the wacky controller *check*
    D) are girls or grandpas, lol
    Well, you are on to something. BUT. Then there is people like me, I own an Xbox, PS2 and have been a Nintendoer since 8-bit. Playstations (1&2) owned the market for a while until the Xbox and GC put their foot down. I was amazed to see an inferior PS2 selling so good it did for a long while. The only genre PS2 was the best in was fast action games like Tekken where the slightly easier (compared to the Xbox) button layout was needed. When the Xbox's price dropped lower than the Playstation's I could no longer see a valid reason for anyone to buy one.

Why I got the 360? I had some spare cash, I wanted something new and it was the only "next gen" console out. Now that it has a few amazing games (Oblivion, GRAW, Condemned...) I can safely recommend it. Xbox Live makes it brilliant. It has a better controller than the first Box (which wasn't an easy achievement) and backward compatible games is a nice bonus aswell.

Why I probably won't get the PS3 (at least not on launch)? At the moment it still looks like a overpriced overhyped piece of console. I may change my mind about this though. Also the PS3 launch titles will have a very hard time competing with the 360 games when (and if ) it's released. When the PS3's been on the market for several months well know who's on top.

...aaand the Revolution? It's a big question mark in my books. Whether I'm interested or not is determined by what it has to offer and if the price is reasonably low.
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

Quote Originally Posted by Pando
    Well, you are on to something. BUT. Then there is people like me, I own an Xbox, PS2 and have been a Nintendoer since 8-bit. Playstations (1&2) owned the market for a while until the Xbox and GC put their foot down. I was amazed to see an inferior PS2 selling so good it did for a long while. The only genre PS2 was the best in was fast action games like Tekken where the slightly easier (compared to the Xbox) button layout was needed. When the Xbox's price dropped lower than the Playstation's I could no longer see a valid reason for anyone to buy one.

Why I got the 360? I had some spare cash, I wanted something new and it was the only "next gen" console out. Now that it has a few amazing games (Oblivion, GRAW, Condemned...) I can safely recommend it. Xbox Live makes it brilliant. It has a better controller than the first Box (which wasn't an easy achievement) and backward compatible games is a nice bonus aswell.

Why I probably won't get the PS3 (at least not on launch)? At the moment it still looks like a overpriced overhyped piece of console. I may change my mind about this though. Also the PS3 launch titles will have a very hard time competing with the 360 games when (and if ) it's released. When the PS3's been on the market for several months well know who's on top.

...aaand the Revolution? It's a big question mark in my books. Whether I'm interested or not is determined by what it has to offer and if the price is reasonably low.
    Agreed. +1.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck
    Lol i just read this thread over and its funny how people get worked up about consoles Bottom line is people buying XBOX 360
    A) have an XBOX.
    B) Like Halo and Forza. or
    C) got sucked in by the ad campaign.

People getting PS3:
    A) have PS2
    B)Like Socom, the GT series, Etc..
    C) Like the "specs"

People getting Nintendo:
    A) Are hard core Nintendoers (lol)
    B) like mario, zelda etc..
    C) like the wacky controller
    D) are girls or grandpas, lol
    E) like actual gameplay
    so as you see people have different reasons for buying the diif consoles, the sad thing is people how swear by the ratings the games get and only buy games according to their ratings. Oh and Socom owns Halo even though there not competing games. Killzone pwns Halo too lol
    lol.
    socom is ass...so is killzone. but then halo was only mediocre, no tlike they had much of a target to beat
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Because its actually called Wii!!! Ha ha ha ha

As I read on BBC News...

"Eat. Sleep. Wii"
    Porsche!

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    No matter what it's called, Mario still kicks ass!!

I'm gonna get it just to play the entire Mario-series haha.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Little kids screaming

"Mommy! I want a Wii!!"
    Porsche!

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearCrap
    No matter what it's called, Mario still kicks ass!!

I'm gonna get it just to play the entire Mario-series haha.
    Don't forget about Zelda!
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

^ or any metroid game..
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Mum, can I play with my Wii?

Sure son, just make sure you let your brother have a turn with ur wii ok?
    House said the perfect woman was a man...now im all confused!!

What is a mile long and hasn't had sex?
    - The line for the PS3

Reading all your guys post it seems that you think that the nitendo is going to be made for an older target audience.

Come on the older guys that bought the Cube bought it because of the classic games as they are die hard fans.

My theory why the Revolution will do well is that its aimed at the slightly younger age group having games that are lets just say friendly
    Anyway every time i was in the shop "game" during christmas youd always get little kids nagging there parents for a console or some game and the majority would go for the cube as the parents spent less so they were happy and the little kids got there friendly game

That is why Nintendo will always do well the games they own and the price is perfect for the target audience. Dont argue its for all ages because whens the last time you saw a good simulation game.
    TVR, Heres to Peter wheeler and his last creationg of the Scamander.

Coventry seriously sucks....

Thread Information