Thread: racetrack country club

racetrack country club

Thought I woudl put this out to all UCPers. My buddy just sent this to me. Seems in Salisbury, North Carolina they are trying to put in a race tack to be basically a country club. There will be a club house, track side garage space for residents to store their race cars, and all of the houses will look out on to the track. I think its awesome but there is some dissent in the local government. Here are some links. First one is a news article about it, second is the company site...

http://www.salisburypost.com/area/305684624450986.php
    http://www.tradingford.com/racetrack_watch.html

I know I'd love to live there, how bout you?
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey
    Thought I woudl put this out to all UCPers. My buddy just sent this to me. Seems in Salisbury, North Carolina they are trying to put in a race tack to be basically a country club. There will be a club house, track side garage space for residents to store their race cars, and all of the houses will look out on to the track. I think its awesome but there is some dissent in the local government. Here are some links. First one is a news article about it, second is the company site...

http://www.salisburypost.com/area/305684624450986.php
    http://www.tradingford.com/racetrack_watch.html

I know I'd love to live there, how bout you?
    Awesome!

Jay Lenno is probably buying a lot already

Seems like a great place to live in if you ask me (as long as you have enough money to afford a decent track car).

In a few years it'll probably be converted to be a track in the ALMS

I love the idea!! Better than a golf course.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan
    In a few years it'll probably be converted to be a track in the ALMS
    even better. who does not want to watch a good race out of his living room windowor balcony !!!

God dammit! I've been wanting to do that for years. Unfortunately the fact that I'm not a multi-millionairre has held me back!

minor detail...
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey
    minor detail...
    And that should be??

I think it's one of the best ideas. I think the owner of Ascari (Mr. Zwart I think his name is) has his own track too. It has different sections to drive around. It was specially build for Ascari owners to have some fun with their cars...
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

I geuss you guys havent heard of the autobahn country club. I forget where it is but this place has been around for a while. I saw it in the back of a dupont registry.

Quote Originally Posted by rev440 View Post
    I geuss you guys havent heard of the autobahn country club. I forget where it is but this place has been around for a while. I saw it in the back of a dupont registry.
    Yeah, my dad joined there in 2006. It's located in Joliet, Il and its about 5 minutes from Chicagoland Speedway where they host the NASCAR/IRL race. There's like 300 members and I think it was about 15,000 to join when he did it. I think it up to like 30 large now. I am hoping to get down their this summer if I'm not working out of state. It's a nice track, I did a 6 hour karting enduro there last summer. Essentially the time of my life.

There's a place about 15-30 miles form my house called Motorsport ranch that is the same thing.
    Place is pretty successful too it seems.
    You can call me scott.

Yeah, they do pretty good I guess. Seldom is the place less then 75% to capacity between Club track days and member use.

*Yikes* What a revival.

This thread is so old that I read Brendon's post and was like "I swear I read something like this on UCP before..." then I scrolled down, saw my post, checked the date, and lol'd a bit.

Since we are at it, any updates?

nope... think its not going to happen. searched on it a few months ago, and saw it was shot down in the town coucil or something.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    nope... think its not going to happen. searched on it a few months ago, and saw it was shot down in the town coucil or something.
    Well that sucks.

Thread Information