Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guitars

Guitars

Whats a good guitar to learn how to play with? I'm getting an electric and amp for christmas, but I have no clue what to get. I want a something that sounds decent, but not to expensive.

a fender squire with a little 15 watt amp- you cant go wrong to start off with

I was thinking more like a Les Paul...

(if i win the lottery)

i have a les paul and it is nice, its just i find squires easyer to lean on.

anyway, a good les paul costs at least £300

Yeah my friend has one... but i'm not gonna buy one when i barely know how to play. Anyway i just looked at some, the cheapest i saw was $1000 on sale. And a car comes before a guitar, so thats a bit much.

lol, dont go for a gibson/fender.

what kind of style do you like? gothic kinda style? strat? les paul? e.t.c? i'll have a look

If you want a good starter guitar, I think you'd be best off with a Fender Squier Stratocaster. It's a great package for the money!

http://www.wholenote.com/store/produ...0800-146&nav=m

You'll note that it comes with a tutorial book, and all the refinements to get started. Hope that helps!

Generally, Les Pauls aren't popular in starter packs... the only ones I've seen are very poor copies... stick with a Strat, then upgrade to a PRS Tremonti SE or Soapbar SE when the time comes.

why all you guys play only with electric guitars?
    i've got a classical one for about 5 years and i really enjoy playing it
    12 cylinders or walk!

Quote Originally Posted by dydzi
    why all you guys play only with electric guitars?
    i've got a classical one for about 5 years and i really enjoy playing it
    I agree, I've played classical for 5 years now, and nothing turns heads more (musically) than playing "Classical Gas" and "Cavatina"! I'm taking my Performer's Diploma at the moment, and I can honestly say that I will never tire of playing classical.

However, I do love my electrics...

Another UCP guitar disscussion??
    I personally have a very rare Squire Stratocaster, that is fun to play but not as good as many modern guitars. It is playing out of a very rare Redmere Soloist stage amp, one of only ten ever made.
    That said, i can't really help anyone wanting to buy a guitar today since i am not up to speed with the new stuff.

(just wanted to show off a bit really)
    Just call me Tom

Please visit www.tomranson.com and make me feel loved.

Quote Originally Posted by Suka
    Another UCP guitar disscussion??
    I personally have a very rare Squire Stratocaster, that is fun to play but not as good as many modern guitars. It is playing out of a very rare Redmere Soloist stage amp, one of only ten ever made.
    That said, i can't really help anyone wanting to buy a guitar today since i am not up to speed with the new stuff.

(just wanted to show off a bit really)
    What Squier is it? A Silver Anniversary? Never heard of the Redmere...

You just wanted to show off? Heh heh heh... Monday after this I take delivery of a PRS Santana... that's right... his signature guitar

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6
    What Squier is it? A Silver Anniversary? Never heard of the Redmere...

You just wanted to show off? Heh heh heh... Monday after this I take delivery of a PRS Santana... that's right... his signature guitar
    Santana? Pah. lol
    The Squire is a Japanese Vintage Stratocaster. Quite highly priced, is saw one go on ebay half a year or so ago for $800. Not quite as pricey as a similar JV Telecaster, one went for over $1k on ebay. I shall go take a photo of the amp for you and post it in a bit.
    Just call me Tom

Please visit www.tomranson.com and make me feel loved.

ever tried playing the bass?
    "The Zonda S has a deep lion's-roar baritone. The F has gone all Formula 1 on us, a hard-edged ripping shriek"

Quote Originally Posted by heryandy0210
    ever tried playing the bass?
    That question may be directed at Bob... but HELL yes! I'm always stealing my bandmate's Warwick Corvette and making funky riffs. Gotta love it

I got a used Ibanez for my first guitar and I love it, certainly blows away an equivilently priced Squier. IT was 350 dollars. Me being a Ibanez Fanboy i'd tell you to get one but its just the sound you want. Try out a guitar with double humbuckers (Les Paul or most metal guitars, or perhaps a entry level Ibanez JS guitar, like a JS100), a Telecaster with double single coils and a Strat, then a Ibanez or something with hum single hum lay out and then whatever sound you like best, you've narrowed all the choices down considerably.

Thread Information