Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The GT4 Nürburgring Time Thread

Quote Originally Posted by PoRsChEnUt
    do you know the Bhp?
    Yeah, sorry. Edited the post.

I think my plan of action is going to be to take it around tracks Im more comfortable with, get used to the car/tyre combo, then give it a shot. See if that ever happens!!
    Porsche!

Quote Originally Posted by RazaBlade
    I decided to go all out, threw some N2's on a Zonda C12 and it was soooo hard, ive never tried N2s before so I was having to break miles ahead. As it was the first time, wasnt used to it at all and didnt bother completing the lap...
    i did the excact same thing, started 3 times, its mental!

btw, im glad people find it challenging by using the N2 tires, it gives the game a whole new dimension

i once found a list of real world nurburgring times, but i lost it
    Last edited by Roy Visser; 12-14-2005 at 08:13 AM.
    Driver for Ultimatecarpage.competition
    Team Manager of Ultimatecarpage.competition

NGT Champion ZAC2 League
    Team Champion ZAC2 League
    NGT Champion ZAC3 League
    Team Champion ZAC3 League

Standard Roadgoing Car

Pagani Zonda C12S 7.3 '02 - 7'38.219

The car took too much out of me. I put in two full laps. The first, I was literally crawling around, but still managed to get on the grass and crash a few times. Mentally noted down the trouble spots (there were a few!), and tried to work on those. Put in a much faster full lap (7'47 vs 7'38). Had another go and by the 4/5th split was 2seconds up, but cant be bothered to go the whole way. Maybe give it a shot again later. But thats as good as I got so far.
    Porsche!

Standard roadgoing cars

BMW CSL 7.54.729

Just love this car! This particular CSL I belive has got about 2000 km on it, most of it at the 'ring. And now, just recently trying it out on N2:s insted of S2:s, I've got a feeling that number is just gonna keep growing!

Quote Originally Posted by pamoer
    Standard roadgoing cars

BMW CSL 7.54.729

Just love this car! This particular CSL I belive has got about 2000 km on it, most of it at the 'ring. And now, just recently trying it out on N2:s insted of S2:s, I've got a feeling that number is just gonna keep growing!
    I was wondering if your other time included N2's because it looked low for N2's.

Ha ha ha....i had the exact same thought! Didnt wanna say 'your time seems too fast' as it may seem a bit rude, but I had a blast in the CSL...was around 8'15 on a slowish lap..... handles soooooo much better than the Zonda, can actually attack the corners. May try and get a competitive lap in soon.
    Porsche!

Ha ha ha....i had the exact same thought! Didnt wanna say 'your time seems too fast' as it may seem a bit rude, but I had a blast in the CSL...was around 8'15 on a slowish lap..... handles soooooo much better than the Zonda, can actually attack the corners. May try and get a competitive lap in soon.
    Exactly! I did a 8:12 and didn't feel I had done that badly....but a good bit under 8:00 seems optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Scuderia
    Exactly! I did a 8:12 and didn't feel I had done that badly....but a good bit under 8:00 seems optimistic.
    Did 4 laps in the M3 GTR (roadgoing, not the race car) which is a little lighter and more powerful than the CLS with N2s. Did 8'20.
    Zag when they Zig

Standard Roadgoing Car

BMW M3 CSL '03 - 8'07.562

I loved this car, if it handles like that with N2s, can only imagine how compliant it would be with SMs. Again, can always manage to find a few extra seconds in the first sectors, but lose the advantage out of caution during the rest of the lap. Plus Lost is starting in a minute...

I love this thread, I feel like Im contributing to something, while doing something I enjoy. Gives a warm feeling inside.... thanks Porschenut, genius.
    Porsche!

Just to clear things up...

From the "tire manual" I am asuming it is fair game to participate for the Standard Roadgoing Cars in Arcade Mode using Comfort Tires. Is that correct?

This is so that you don't have to actually buy every car you want to participate in. For example I have the M3 GTR, but not the CSL in GT mode. I know there are tricks to get the cash but I would like to avoid that...
    Zag when they Zig

I love this thread, I feel like Im contributing to something, while doing something I enjoy. Gives a warm feeling inside.... thanks Porschenut, genius.
    No problem dude, thats why i made this

i've actually "hosted" many of these competition things for GT3, but with the nurburgring, and an everlasting competition, this will be so good!

Quote Originally Posted by magracer
    Just to clear things up...

From the "tire manual" I am asuming it is fair game to participate for the Standard Roadgoing Cars in Arcade Mode using Comfort Tires. Is that correct?
    You may do that, aslong as you stay a mile away from the quicktune settings.

tomorrow ill try some laps in the CSL, getting curious if pamoer really is that fast

my latest addition: Audi RS4 '01 8.21.098
    Driver for Ultimatecarpage.competition
    Team Manager of Ultimatecarpage.competition

NGT Champion ZAC2 League
    Team Champion ZAC2 League
    NGT Champion ZAC3 League
    Team Champion ZAC3 League

Chopped my CSL time down from 8:12 to 8:09, then 8:02.095 and I was up 2 seconds on that but lost it in a mistake so sub 8 minutes is definitely possible with N2's.

Standard Roadgoing Car

NISMO Fairlady Z Z Tune '03 7'53.593

This car is very fun...better braking and roadholding than the CSL...but since it's 400+hp it breaks the rears loose in third gear like the CSL did in second. I'm sure it's a sub 7'50 car.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Scuderia
    Chopped my CSL time down from 8:12 to 8:09, then 8:02.095 and I was up 2 seconds on that but lost it in a mistake so sub 8 minutes is definitely possible with N2's.
    I'm following your steps... Changed to the CSL (from the GTR) and was equally fast (8:20), then 8:12 and then 8.08.9, and that includes a half spin into a wall so I shoulda/coulda/woulda been faster

Turns out I was underbraking. Its so annoying to spin on the straighter parts!!!
    Zag when they Zig

Thread Information