Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2 more WRC driver redundant

Heck, even with Subaru still in, all their cars are hideous now. 2006 is gonna be a bad year all around.

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    Subaru, Ford and Skoda
    what about Citroen?
    why is Loeb testing the C4 WRC?

Why are all the teams dropping out of WRC?! Is it really just to cut costs to the company or is it something else?

I love rallying, but since the times it's shown on TV became erratic and stupid (who would want to watch TV at 3am?) I've found myself unable to follow it as I'm a busy person (my low post count and the fact that I go for weeks without posting on here proves that). Therefore in many senses, I've "lost touch" with the rally scene and to be honest, couldn't tell you a single result from last season.

I think coverage (in the UK at least) has gone down the toilet, as well as the teams now.
    "This is hardcore." - Evo's John Barker on the TVR Tuscan S

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyperl
    what about Citroen?
    why is Loeb testing the C4 WRC?
    because it will be entererd during the 2007 season. Citroen is taking only one year off. (contrary to the original plans, but their recent successes made them reconsider)
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by ScionDriver
    Why are all the teams dropping out of WRC?! Is it really just to cut costs to the company or is it something else?
    If people would buy more Mitsubishis they might be able to find the money somewhere
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Germany -> West Germany -> NRW -> Düsseldorf
    Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    If people would buy more Mitsubishis they might be able to find the money somewhere
    If Mitsubishi would sell some better cars next to the almighty Evo they would sell more cars and get more money for rallying
    WRC - That's motorsport!

"If you can see the tree you are about to hit, it is called 'understeering'. If you can only hear and feel it, it was 'oversteering'."
    Walter Röhrl

I don't think the problem is money. I mean what does it cost to race in WRC for 1 year. about 20 million and that is peanuts to large car manufactures, I don't understand why all manufactures are afraid of continuing but I think the WRC will end and there will be a new series for example S2000. I hope in a couple of year that rallying will be bigger and better.

land of the Desert Extreme Challenge Rally
    Quote Originally Posted by lukehow
    I don't think the problem is money. I mean what does it cost to race in WRC for 1 year. about 20 million and that is peanuts to large car manufactures, I don't understand why all manufactures are afraid of continuing but I think the WRC will end and there will be a new series for example S2000. I hope in a couple of year that rallying will be bigger and better.
    A WRC car can only be used for two days. Each car costing approximately 500,000 pounds.

Quote Originally Posted by spi-ti-tout
    A WRC car can only be used for two days. Each car costing approximately 500,000 pounds.
    Next year 1 car will be used on alot of occasions for 2 rallies.

Quote Originally Posted by spi-ti-tout
    Your implication is it's one car two days for 500,00

No. The engine needs rebuilt. The shocks are normally rebuilt for each event - well actually repalced while the removed ones are rebuilt Dependant on diff type their may be clutvhes to replace. The rest is jsut normal "race preparation and damage repair". A chassis may last a whole season - unless it's driven by Colin An engine isn't REPLACED each event, but is checked and if necessary stripped and rebuilt.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

A whole season for 1 chassis? I don't know about a whole season. maybe half a season.

Quote Originally Posted by lukehow
    A whole season for 1 chassis? I don't know about a whole season. maybe half a season.
    It depends on the events and the "punishment".
    The works Audi Quattro chassis did 6 ( yes SIX ) competitive SEASONS in UK rallying.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Germany -> West Germany -> NRW -> Düsseldorf
    luke, if you won't believe it: compare the number plates! In countries like Germany and France you aren't allowed to switch them between two or more different cars, so they stay at the same chassis. I have (as some of you may know) a "little" collection of 1/43 WRC-cars (to be exactly: 152 ). I have two Toyota Corolla WRC, 5 Peugeot 206 and 3 Citroen Xsara WRC with the same license (not that the Toyota has the same as the Citroen, the Toyotas have the same, the Peugeots have and the Citroens have). The Toyotas are from 1998 and 2000, the Peugeots from 2000 (works cars) and 2001 (privateer) and the Citroens from 2001, 2002 and 2003!

The teams have some different chassis today and won't use the same all around the season for two matters:
    1.) because of the season calender it isn't possible to use the same cars, because they might stuck in a ferry from Mexico to France while the next event is up...
    2.) they use different chassis for gravel and tarmac, because they can prepare the cars much better.
    WRC - That's motorsport!

"If you can see the tree you are about to hit, it is called 'understeering'. If you can only hear and feel it, it was 'oversteering'."
    Walter Röhrl

Thread Information