Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cisitalia 202, Fiat 8V ist series, Fiat 1100 S MM, 1100 ES wanted

Quote Originally Posted by hcd90 View Post
    hello @ll

im swiss man, sorry my bad english,
    this site and this forum is very good !!!!!:-)
    i have in my garage an Original Fiat 8V, with a Rappy Body!
    The car is in very good condition, i would sale my car, because i would by a bugatti...
    for more information please contact me by mail,
    quelle est la numero de chassis/taille?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Fiat 1100S drive train

I am looking for a Fiat 1100S engine and gearbox, circa 1948. Any help will be greatly appreciated. This is for use in an early Stanguellini

Regards,

PHeyden

Quote Originally Posted by pheyden View Post
    I am looking for a Fiat 1100S engine and gearbox, circa 1948. Any help will be greatly appreciated. This is for use in an early Stanguellini
    Hi and welcome to UCP.
    You mean Stanguellini road car or one of the formulas. In either case can we see pics of it?
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by pheyden View Post

Regards,

PHeyden
    hi here.. I think that it almot impossible I am afraid.
    I have a 1100 S and am restoring it now. I Know of at least 4 people looking for an S engine. The SMM have in many cases lost their original S(kog driven cam among others things) and hve a oil filter solution that is impossible to get. Many parts ARE the same as 1100 E but many not. I manufactured ANY parts. Earlier many regarded stguellini, Cisi, Etc as bettr and more xotic but now thay sell for 80 to 140000 euros.
    THE 36dr sp Webers took me two years to find.
    However I was just offered 4 pistons and a Crankshaft for a 1100 S engine .. Contcat me on; [email protected] if you have an intrest..
    Nik

Quote Originally Posted by Davidvespissimo View Post
    i'd like to buy a Fiat 1100 ES near me , but i don't know the aproximative price on the market and it's difficult to find some informations about this sort car ... perhapps,you coult help me .

Thanks a lot David France

one for sale now on DigitMotorSport - Home for 100-150000 usd..
    I keep track of ES and S chassisnumbers.. please inform me of the VIN number of thi ES? there are only 11 left in the world that we know of.. One in France?

Nik..
    ES no 500240

Quote Originally Posted by aldortenzio View Post
    September "Automobile" magazine published a photo list of the 25 Most Beautiful cars. The Cisitalia 202 coupe looks very similar to a car my father had in the early 60's, in Detroit. The passenger/navigator seat a wraparound bucket, was displaced rearward with a foot bar on the floor, rollbar and 5 point harness, all that appeared factory installed. I beleive the car had been raced at LeMans. It had many Fiat parts, but I have never determined the marque. I understand there were only 150 of these cars. What is the likelyhood what my father had was a 202?
    ONLY the Fiat 8V Rapi had seats like that and drivers seatpositioned forward of passenger.. Fiat 8V Fantastic car.....

I am looking for one outside door handle for my Cisitalia 202 Pinin Farina coupe. From the photo of the Fiat 1100ES on Digit Motor Sports, this seems to be the same style of door handle.

I am also looking for the two instruments for my Cisitalia 202 PF early coupe. Can anyone help? email: vintageautomobilia(at)thegrid.net

This is my own personal car.

Peter
    Last edited by cmcpokey; 01-31-2009 at 05:15 PM.

Can anyone give me any information about this car?

Autoclassic

It is reputed to be from the Rhigini collection. Again, the owner says that it was the "prototype" for the 8V.

It definitely looks like it has 1100 drive train components, but I wonder whether this is one of those one-off bodies that appears from time to time that is simply to identifiable? It has FIVA papers, but I do not put a lot of faith in those, as I have seen them issued to other obviously incorrect cars.

Any opinions as to what it is?

BTW - Thanks for the earlier replies regarding an 1100S motor. I have since found the items that I was looking for. I am building up a complete motor for a Stanguellini formula Jr. for historic competition.

My specialization is engines for the rear engined Abarths, and one of my clients asked if I would take a look at building an engine for him. I have since found an original billed crankshaft, block, head and various other components. The items we will make are connecting rods, pistons, valves and valve train components, very much along the same lines as what has been successful for the Abarth motors.

Regards,
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by pheyden1448 View Post
    Can anyone give me any information about this car?

Autoclassic

It is reputed to be from the Rhigini collection. Again, the owner says that it was the "prototype" for the 8V.

It definitely looks like it has 1100 drive train components, but I wonder whether this is one of those one-off bodies that appears from time to time that is simply to identifiable? It has FIVA papers, but I do not put a lot of faith in those, as I have seen them issued to other obviously incorrect cars.

Any opinions as to what it is?
    It's a Fiat 8V, with the standard Fiat body. I wouldn't know if it was the prototype.

Quote Originally Posted by leroy View Post
    It's a Fiat 8V, with the standard Fiat body. I wouldn't know if it was the prototype.
    another Rapi bodied car (#48), with slight differences in the grill. The shot in the classied is distorted and looks far too flat.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

doesn't 8V - otto vu denote eight cylinders in vee-config?
    i clicked on the photo and it then looked less flat and the att. gallery showed a four cylinder motor ... now can someone enlighten me re "Rapi" ?
    steven

Quote Originally Posted by fnqvmuch View Post
    doesn't 8V - otto vu denote eight cylinders in vee-config?
    i clicked on the photo and it then looked less flat and the att. gallery showed a four cylinder motor ... now can someone enlighten me re "Rapi" ?
    steven
    very regularly for car related questions, the answer is much closer than you may think...

1952 - 1954 Fiat 8V Rapi Berlinetta - Images, Specifications and Information

thanks will indulge myself there now but had found it out in the meantime via coachbuild;
    "It's a Autobianchi Stellina appearantly designed by Luigi Rapi from 1963/64 The Autobianchi Stellina was a small spider (a rear-engined cabrio) from the Italian automaker, Autobianchi (a subsidiary of the Fiat group), built for only two years, 1964 and ..."
    - but getting back to the engine, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by fnqvmuch View Post
    thanks will indulge myself there now but had found it out in the meantime via coachbuild;
    "It's a Autobianchi Stellina appearantly designed by Luigi Rapi from 1963/64 The Autobianchi Stellina was a small spider (a rear-engined cabrio) from the Italian automaker, Autobianchi (a subsidiary of the Fiat group), built for only two years, 1964 and ..."
    - but getting back to the engine, etc?
    Well, this is a regular 1100 Coupe, which I personally find much more spectecularly looking (this is a 1948 model), it could well be that they already tried the 8V body on a similar chassis. (which is more or less what the seller implies)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information