Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Importing cars

thanks i meant used anyway

CT check the link

Quote Originally Posted by kennyknoxville
    i think legalizing is another issue
    actually legalizing isnt much of a problem with the atom-they are sold over here-just not like i want them, and shipment would cost just as much anyway (Oregon is so cheap)
    Don't bother me, I'm probably working while posting...

UCP's biggest...oh man...i got nothin'

umm, where areyou finding the atom? last i saw there were onlt 3 or so bound for the states, and those were for very rich people that were to use them for trk purposes only. the safety issues are the reason. no bumpers, air bags, etc, emissions as well. part of the huge legal isues with euro imports. caterhams are here in force. they can be had for $30k new or s low as 7-12k used. i sent an email to caterham usa about the CSR, and they wil start coming over this spring, 44k for the chassis, and 22k for the engine transmission. i have looked a lot into this issue, so let me know if you have further questions.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey
    umm, where areyou finding the atom? last i saw there were onlt 3 or so bound for the states, and those were for very rich people that were to use them for trk purposes only. the safety issues are the reason. no bumpers, air bags, etc, emissions as well. part of the huge legal isues with euro imports. caterhams are here in force. they can be had for $30k new or s low as 7-12k used. i sent an email to caterham usa about the CSR, and they wil start coming over this spring, 44k for the chassis, and 22k for the engine transmission. i have looked a lot into this issue, so let me know if you have further questions.
    CSR *Rubs chin* that may not be bad-as for getting a us atom check this: http://www.brammo.com/

I think you will have problems importing used cars (to my knowledge there is no "grey imports" in the USA) but I've heard from a couple of RHD Hondas so it would be smart to check. But, really you should be calling an importer. Maybe it'll go through if its for track use only.
    Zag when they Zig

Quote Originally Posted by magracer
    I think you will have problems importing used cars (to my knowledge there is no "grey imports" in the USA) but I've heard from a couple of RHD Hondas so it would be smart to check. But, really you should be calling an importer. Maybe it'll go through if its for track use only.
    nope -im shooting for daily driver

im not quite sure that you would want to use a cat or an atom for a daily driver. you woudl probably get close to your chiropractor.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey
    im not quite sure that you would want to use a cat or an atom for a daily driver. you woudl probably get close to your chiropractor.
    dont wory about that im in great fitness and the seats could always be lined, the suspenison soffened

Quote Originally Posted by CHEESE-TACULAR
    dont wory about that im in great fitness and the seats could always be lined, the suspenison soffened
    Getting an Ariel Atom as your first car/daily driver is about as smart as buying dynamite for a door bell. It would suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    Getting an Ariel Atom as your first car/daily driver is about as smart as buying dynamite for a door bell. It would suck.
    i probably would but i wouldnt have to deal with reliability problems and it would be as fun as a motorcycle but safer and more fun

Quote Originally Posted by CHEESE-TACULAR
    i probably would but i wouldnt have to deal with reliability problems and it would be as fun as a motorcycle but safer and more fun
    That's true. If I was in your position, I would wait till you turned 21, had a good bit of money, and then bought a weekend pocket-rocket.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    That's true. If I was in your position, I would wait till you turned 21, had a good bit of money, and then bought a weekend pocket-rocket.
    theres anoter idea-get this-for me to go as cheap as i could and still get the imporatant components in a new atom it would cost $39,850 to get it the way i want it would be easily over 40k.

still woulnt hurt to start saving from now and i want it so bad-think of the overwhelming cool factor

you realise its an anti-chick magnet right? and also her parents prolly wont let her in it

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche
    you realise its an anti-chick magnet right? and also her parents prolly wont let her in it
    i can get chicks in it on my own-i would replace the seats with something slightly better (Ariel offers these nice adjustable recaros)

another thoght to have is that you will wreck your first car. so you may wnt something with a bit more protection that a bit of scaffolding and a motor. i wrecked my first 2 cars, and with one of them if i didnt have a car of some substance i would most likely be dead now. im not saying that you will die if you get an atom or caterham, but its just more likely.

Thread Information