View Poll Results: What would you like the outcome to be:

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would like Saddam to be executed a long time ago, he doesn't deserve a trial

10 30.30%
  • I think Saddam should be sentenced to death

9 27.27%
  • I don't think executing Saddam is a good idea

3 9.09%
  • I'm against executions in general

11 33.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saddam's Trial

Saddam's Trial

Has anyone been following the Saddam trial?

So what do you think?
    Can he get a fair trial or not? Should he?
    Will he get the death penalty? - " - ?

Has anyone been following the broadcast? I think it's quite sad how they cut EVERY time Saddam says something even remotely interesting. I was thinking it's probably because Iraq is in war and the people responsible for the broadcast where probably quite anti-Saddam to say the least. I was wrong.

Today I found out an American company is in charge of the broadcast. Looks like the fox censoring of free speech is spreading.
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    He should've been executed when he executed so much ppl himself.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

i dont want any of the above although i chose execution along time ago

i think he should be chained outside a building in Iraq and the Iraqi people should get to pay (proceeds going to the new Iraqi government) like $5 each to smack saddam until he dies, then no one could feel responsible for his demise, and he would get what he deserves

it may sound harsh, i dont care, someone who killed that many people doesnt deserve common decency or respect

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    Quote Originally Posted by my porsche
    i dont want any of the above although i chose execution along time ago

i think he should be chained outside a building in Iraq and the Iraqi people should get to pay (proceeds going to the new Iraqi government) like $5 each to smack saddam until he dies, then no one could feel responsible for his demise, and he would get what he deserves

it may sound harsh, i dont care, someone who killed that many people doesnt deserve common decency or respect
    I think they should get payed to smack Saddam.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Seems like Advocatus Diaboli is needed.
    Well that's a stereotyphically American way of thinking "if everyone is doing it no one is responsible"...
    People are killed daily, most of the times the killer thinks it is justified. The American soldiers thinks it's justified to kill whoever they see as a threat. The same for the pre GWII Iraqi army. GWB sees his war on terror justified, giving orders that results in thousands dead abroad, all for fighting "terror". Saddam saw his "war on terror" justified aswell fighting it against the insurgents/terrorists/freedomfighters in his country resulting in thousands dead.

When you put two ideological opposites head to head nothing good will sure follow. The US army "won" the Iraqi army, captured the leader and secured the oil (but failed at pretty much ALL other "objectives"). That's why we see a bearded Saddam in court and not Bush.

Saddam's methods may have been quite clumsy, but ultimately he uses the same "justifications" for his deeds as his American counterpart.
    - Are YOU listed? -

That trial is a joke. It's like a circus or amusement park. I don't see how anyone can take the trial seriously. I don't really care if he gets killed.
    Real cars are not FWD.
    FWD at it's best -
    http://videos.streetfire.net/video/6FBCAADF-B7CB-432C-B938-01EB06BD83CE.htm

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearCrap
    He should've been executed when he executed so much ppl himself.
    without a trial ?
    without determination of responsibility ?

Pando, your poll is skewed as you dont' have nomal legal practise of "fair trial and if found gulity appropriate punishment" as an option. tut-tut You becoming a GWB supporter ?????
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 12-22-2005 at 03:50 AM.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Pando
    When you put two ideological opposites head to head nothing good will sure follow. The US army "won" the Iraqi army, captured the leader and secured the oil (but failed at pretty much ALL other "objectives"). That's why we see a bearded Saddam in court and not Bush.

Saddam's methods may have been quite clumsy, but ultimately he uses the same "justifications" for his deeds as his American counterpart.
    Absolutely agree Pando

And I'd like to see GWB's claim of responsibility for this illegal war taken seriously, and with the same level of equity provided to Saddam

When can we expect to see the person who publicly admits to the world his in-principal responsiblity for "about 30,000" Iraqi civillian deaths to face trial himself? Or perchance those other US warmongers, ranging from the infamous Henry Kissinger to current 'Minister for War' Dick Cheney?

Capital punishment is beastially primitive & evil imo

The whole trial is one big circus I think. I do think he should get the death penalty. There are millions of Iraqi's who where oppressed for years. Perhaps we should start to think more of them. Those people in for example Bagdad have seen more horror and death in a couple of then we will see in a whole life. For THOSE people I think the only 'payment' is to sentence Saddam to death.
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

Quote Originally Posted by nota
    When can we expect to see the person who publicly admits to the world his in-principal responsiblity for "about 30,000" Iraqi civillian deaths to face trial himself? Or perchance those other US warmongers, ranging from the infamous Henry Kissinger to current 'Minister for War' Dick Cheney?

What has the Nobel Peace Prize winning Kissinger done FOR war? (I really don't know so please tell.)

Capital punishment is primitive and evil, but if given the chance do you think anyone wouldn't use it on, say, Hitler or the BTK killer? Rather than have people pay taxes to keep them alive in prison?

The trial is a joke but they should still find him and his heads of state guilty and sentence them to death.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin
    OBSESSED is a word the lazy use to describe the DEDICATED!

Quote Originally Posted by "Clevor" Angel
    What has the Nobel Peace Prize winning Kissinger done FOR war? (I really don't know so please tell.)
    He was one who opposed moves to stop Milosevic.
    During Vietnam he and Nixon destroyed Cambodian society, infrastructure and population in an obscene bombing campaign.
    He supported the bloody coup in Chile.

On the other side you can argue that he was chosing the safer and least "costly" path in all those choices. But you can say that about Hitler's invasion of Austria and Poland
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Pando, your poll is skewed as you dont' have nomal legal practise of "fair trial and if found gulity appropriate punishment" as an option. tut-tut You becoming a GWB supporter ?????
    I beg to differ. You can think of the poll as if you were a member of the jury and had full information of the circumstances. Even if the trial is fair, there is sometimes divided opinion within the jury. So I'm asking YOU based on what YOU know what should be done with Saddam?

Personally I don't think the death sentence would be the best solution in cases like this. Saddam is still respected in certain communities since he's one of the Arab leaders that dared to stand up to the USA, he could be concidered a martyr etc. But with life in prison, having time to think about his life who knows he said it "himself":

"Yes I can change, I can change!
    I know i've been a dirty little bastard...
    "

Edit: I also wouldn't encourage the execution of GWB or any other present day political leader(read: "evil doer") in the same situation that I can think of.
    Last edited by Pando; 12-22-2005 at 02:36 PM.
    - Are YOU listed? -

BUT I STILL would like the outcome to be a fiar trial and to be SEEN to be fair.

A juror CAN complain abotu proceedings and the judge will investigate and take appropriate actio if necessary. ( Well in most free democracies they can anyway )

Of course there may be divided opinion, but at least if the evidence and questioning and requirement for proof is "fair" then at least you are getting a FAIR decision. At times liek this I usually recommend watching "12 angry men"

Quote Originally Posted by "Clevor" Angel

Capital punishment is primitive and evil, but if given the chance do you think anyone wouldn't use it on, say, Hitler or the BTK killer? Rather than have people pay taxes to keep them alive in prison?

The trial is a joke but they should still find him and his heads of state guilty and sentence them to death.
    Further to Kissinger, there's too much to list. Try googling up 'kissinger war crimes' for 425,000 references

A consistent pattern of covertly endorsing, supporting & arming fascist terror-dictatorships wherever & whenever, as long as US-compliant, including the horror regimes of Argentina and various other South American countries

Closer to me was Kissinger's backing of Indonesia's brutal invasion of East Timor (using US-supplied arms) which resulted in the genocide of one third of the entire Timorese population. As an adjunct GWB has recently resumed US armament sales to Indonesia (thanks guys!)

Unlike Hitler or Kissinger (and you ..?) I don't believe in the State-sanctioned murder of anyone

Quote Originally Posted by nota
    I agree.
    "Someone's sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago." -Warren Buffett

Thread Information